Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A lovely analogy

hazelrunpack
February 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I received this in an email this morning and, regardless of personal beliefs, it touched a chord, so I thought I'd share:

~DEATH~

A sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said,

'Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side.'

Very quietly, the doctor said, 'I don't know.'

'You don't know? You, a Christian man and a doctor, do not know what is on the other side?'

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, 'Did you notice my dog?

He's never been in this room before.

He didn't know what was inside.

He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...

I know my Master is there and that is enough.'

14+kitties
February 28th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Was just lurking tonight because my butt should be in bed instead of in my computer chair. Wasn't going to sign in but when I read this I had to.
Beautiful sentiment Hazel! Thanks for sharing. :)

jiorji
February 28th, 2008, 10:35 PM
hehehe.......master is actually god, and the dog represents the faithful and those who believe in Heaven and Hell ;)

ok...i don't believe my pets have a "master" and i don't believe that when you go in to the afterlife (i don't believe in heaven/hell) that it's still dog/cat and human. The spirits are all the same to me. My cats are just spiritual beings of their own personality and mental ability that are just in a cat's body. So to me, when they die they don't go anywhere, and most definetly are they still a "cat" or "dog" but more like a spiritual being with its own mental awareness. So when a pet dies to me, they're not waiting for anything, they're around anyways. ooohhh spoooky :cool::D

Love4himies
February 29th, 2008, 07:22 AM
ok...i don't believe my pets have a "master"

Ummm that's because you have cats, now if you had dogs.....

hazelrunpack
February 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM
hehehe.......master is actually god, and the dog represents the faithful and those who believe in Heaven and Hell ;)

ok...i don't believe my pets have a "master" and i don't believe that when you go in to the afterlife (i don't believe in heaven/hell) that it's still dog/cat and human. The spirits are all the same to me. My cats are just spiritual beings of their own personality and mental ability that are just in a cat's body. So to me, when they die they don't go anywhere, and most definetly are they still a "cat" or "dog" but more like a spiritual being with its own mental awareness. So when a pet dies to me, they're not waiting for anything, they're around anyways. ooohhh spoooky :cool::D

:laughing: It's just an analogy, jiorji... :p

CearaQC
February 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I believe our bodies and pets' bodies are merely vehicles for experiencing the world and to grow, learn and serve others. Death is just another experience, but what is essentially you (spirit, soul, essence) never dies, but just changes form. Energy can never be destroyed.

Great post and thanks for sharing the analogy.

Jim Hall
February 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM

we are spirits in the material world and are here in the moment because of our past deeds and practices We = all life from ants to zebras

If you live your life hurting no animals and mediatad to realise your human avarices you will achive a hiher state and eventually not need a phsical body

in other words this consciensness we find ourselves in, is just a way station to some other thing whether "better" or "worse is up too what you do in this life

And the journey is as important as the destination

But guess what it's about the journey too

growler~GateKeeper
March 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM
The analogy is similar to something Duffy's Homeopath Vet said to me during an appt. He basically said that he believes animals are here to help us open up & learn something about ourselves, our life they are here to teach us. It's our job to discover what they are trying to show us - be it patience, strength, understanding, better health, acceptance, etc