Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some Onnie & Hazel

onster
February 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I was doing some reading this mornign and heard A LOT of commotion :eek:. Sounded just like hazel trying to get the sponge from the bathtub again...sooo grabbed my camera and lo an behold it was Onnie!! He was playing with spring in the bathtub....that's new :laughing: Its dark, but I finally got a pic with spring in his mouth :-).

Next is Bunduk...I realllly think u might find onster on petfinder in a lil while. Hhehe..i just wanted to see if he would notice

He prolly did, but he tredged on. There were new things on the floor to sniff 33935

onster
February 28th, 2008, 10:36 AM
The other day I was looking for their stuffies (ok my stolen stuffies) and I finallly discovered where they stash them! Do any other kitties do this??? so weird!!

They dont use the condo anymore cuz theyre too fat for it :rolleyes:

Onnie also has this strange habbit of always looking at the cieling :shrug:33940

onster
February 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I just dont get it :shrug: squirrels on the roof?? ghosts?? :eek:

And last but not least, a nice shot of bunduk looking out the window

jiorji
February 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
i like that last one of Onnie looking up

Twiggy does that too. I think it may be spirits....:shrug:

krdahmer
February 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Mine all do that ceiling stare too and sometimes talk to it too... Fagan especially perhaps because of his cataracts... maybe he sees things that aren't there.:shrug:

Cute photos too... mine like to stash stuff too, mainly under the chair in the living room... and I have a big basket with all their toys in it and when it was out in the open they would just help themselves to what they wanted to play with.

ancientgirl
February 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM
What great pictures! I love that last one, it's really beautiful.

Mine don't look at the ceiling, but they look at the wells and scratch at it sometimes.

onster
February 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
the weird thing is only Onnie does it....and its not just stare, but his eyes will dart across the ceiling.

Worries me cuz last time i woke up to him standing on top of me meowing at the ceiling, there were mice in the attic...:eek::yuck:

ancientgirl
February 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I read somewhere that people will think they have spirits, when most of the time it's actually that they can just hear and see better than us. They might hear something in the walls, like bugs or whatnot.

I don't know what the heck mine are looking at, but as long as it doesn't mess with us I'm okay.

phoozles
February 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Great pictures!

Alley stashes all her toys (and ours :frustrated:) in her cat tunnel. We've found all kinds of things in there - including a quarter once!

She also stares at the ceiling a lot - especially the ceiling fan, when it's not running. She actually tried to get up to the ceiling once - we found out there was a cobweb hanging from there.. If only I could hand her a duster, she could make herself useful! :D

Frenchy
February 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
omg I love their condo ! :cloud9:

onster
February 28th, 2008, 09:40 PM
hehehe alllll the pics of my beautiful kitties frenchy...and u love...their condo???? lol. they need a bigger one. they cant fit in it...or they dont want to?? :confused: Hazel used to sleep in it.....

phoozles, maybe ashley is saving up for her very own cool condo :laughing: a quarter here, and a quarter there...goes a long way.

happycats
February 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Sweet pictures!!:lovestruck: I love the Onnie looking at the ceiling!
And they are not fat! the're big boned ;)

onster
February 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
hehe thanks

well hazel isnt fat...i can feel his ribs sticking out under his floof...but onnie..hes a porker :laughing:

happycats
February 28th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Awwwwww Onnie is not a porker......he's perfect!:lovestruck:

onster
February 28th, 2008, 09:49 PM
please tell my vet that :sad: she said he was clinically obese...and to put him on vet food...immediately!!! :eek:

Frenchy
February 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
hehehe alllll the pics of my beautiful kitties frenchy...and u love...their condo???? lol.

:laughing: the kitties are beauties too , and I think they may be too spoiled and are taking their condos for granted :laughing:

happycats
February 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM
please tell my vet that :sad: she said he was clinically obese...and to put him on vet food...immediately!!! :eek:

I think vets geta kickback from selling that food, and that's why they always tell people to buy it, and ake you feel like a bad pet owner when you don't:frustrated:

Maybe a littel more excercise, we use a fishing rod (yes a real one) with a rubber worm tied to it (we like the berkleys worms, they are nice and smelly and the cat's go nuts over it) our cat's chase it until they are panting. We have had to slow down as all our cats are seniors.

Frenchy
February 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Maybe a littel more excercise, we use a fishing rod

Or .... you could get a dog :laughing:

happycats
February 28th, 2008, 09:58 PM

Ohhhh great idea, :thumbs up that would work!!:)

loopoo
February 28th, 2008, 10:10 PM
both lovely kitties..:) and my cat does the same.. looks at the ceiling at imaginary bugs or something... and stashed her toys in weird places...

onster
February 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM

:laughing: good one frenchy :p

growler~GateKeeper
February 29th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Nice action shot w/Onnie's spring :thumbs up

Hazel's so cute prancing around w/his catch :laughing: He's a fashionista :rolleyes:

Great pic of the two of them together, funny that Hazel isn't concerned w/the ceiling, or maybe.....he just doesn't care you got mice up there :eek: :laughing:

Love4himies
February 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Love your kitties.:cloud9:
Puddles will stare at the ceiling or wall in the winter when there are mice in there, my other two cats are not to prey savvy.

There was one of my foster kittens who would "hide" their stuffie toys, but I never saw which one did it, but I would go into their room, and find all the toys hidden in the corner behind their carrier. I would get them out, throw them around the room and lo and behold the next day they would be hidden again.
Maybe it was momma kitty (Sweet Pea) picking up the toys, or taking them away because the kittens were keeping her awake:p?

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Great photos!!! My boys don't hide anything... I think because they're from the same litter and have always shared... even with Stormy (the Siamese that lives down the hall :laughing:)... Bailey doesn't stare at the cieling but he does occasionally sit in front of a mirror and admire himself...:rolleyes: I must try to get a picture of that....:laughing:

onster
February 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM
lol, funny that so many cats hide their toys. Interesting Baileysmudge that ure littermates dont do that.

My cats are silly...they hide their toys and then meow for them "who stole our toys???" :rolleyes:

onster
February 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Nice action shot w/Onnie's spring :thumbs up

Hazel's so cute prancing around w/his catch :laughing: He's a fashionista :rolleyes:

Great pic of the two of them together, funny that Hazel isn't concerned w/the ceiling, or maybe.....he just doesn't care you got mice up there :eek: :laughing:

hahahahaha hazel....is a bit spaced out. He doesnt seeem to notice things around him...*shurg*

growler~GateKeeper
March 1st, 2008, 01:05 AM
My cats are silly...they hide their toys and then meow for them "who stole our toys???" :rolleyes:

:laughing: I get the MERRRROOOOOWWWWWW btwn 3-4 am "Look.....I found a Mouse!(her fave mouse toy) :D:D:D:D:D" Feed me now :D :cat:

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2008, 01:58 AM
Evidently hooking my modem up to the freezer improves the connection! :crazy: I can see! I can see!

Darling kitties, onster! :lovestruck: I love Bunduk with his...what is that? A fish or a mermaid?...on his back. :D Totally does not care...sniff...sniff, sniff...sniff. :cat: And that last shot of Bunduk... :cloud9: I love the shots of Onnie looking up, too!

Dogs look at the ceiling like that now and then. They get dizzy when the ceiling fan is running... :o :laughing:

We rent out. :o Hey! They gotta start helping with those $900 vet bills! :laughing: :eek:

rainbow
March 1st, 2008, 02:53 AM
Cute pics of spaced out Onnie. :lovestruck: And, I love how Bunduk doesn't notice the fish on his back. :D

Ohhhh great idea, :thumbs up that would work!!:)

Yep. :thumbs up ....that's what works at my house. :D

chico2
March 1st, 2008, 08:03 AM
Onster,great pics of a couple of beauties,the looking at the ceiling thing usually means MICE,at least it did in my house.
When the house was completely quiet I could hear them too.
It's so cute that they hide their toys,mine don't,they are kind of spread all over the house:laughing:and the cats are not too interested.