Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lymph nodes

unconditional
February 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
can anything be done when lymph nodes are swollen?

hazelrunpack
February 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM
What does the vet think is causing the swelling? The lymph nodes can be swollen for a variety of reasons. Are all the lymph nodes swollen or just some of them? Is it in a dog or a cat?

We have one dog with mild allergies that gets swollen nodes; another just getting over folliculitis who had swollen lymph glands when she was fighting the infection. But it can also be a sign of more serious ailments.

Once you can figure out why they're swollen, you'll have a better idea of what you can do for it.

I hope you figure it out soon, unconditional. :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
February 27th, 2008, 11:39 PM
From your profile I see this is Sunny your 12/13 yr old dog, did the vet run a full blood & urine panel? This will give the dr & you a great start to see what is going on.

:goodvibes: for Sunny

rainbow
February 28th, 2008, 03:25 AM
As hazel said swollen lymph nodes can mean alot of things. What has your vet said is the cause?

unconditional
March 1st, 2008, 08:40 AM
thank you very much everyone for your caring advices,
the vet said an extraction from the glands would need to be done to find out exactly what is going on, that means putting him under,
antibiotics were given but nothing changed, they kept growing,
I changed his diet to softer foods, given in small quantities 3 to 4 times a day, the appetite is good, he elimates well, his mind is there but his body is giving up on him . . .
I think it's time

badger
March 1st, 2008, 08:52 AM
So hard, I really feel for you. Stay in close touch with your vet so that you can get help if you need it. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2008, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry, unconditional. :grouphug: Spoil your baby rotten!

:candle: Sunny

diandpat
March 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Hi there unconditional. I know who you are...we talked at work. I told you you would know who I am too!!! You can't receive private messages yet but CALL ME if there is anything I can do to help. I do not live far.

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I know how much you love your animals. Keep Sunny comfy for as long as you feel it is right.

Take care.

di