Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Neoplasene and bladder cancer

wiredogs
February 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hi, New to this whole chat thing. I am a vet tech that has become a stay at home mom. I work very closely with my vet and still fill in at the clinic. My 12 yr old jack russell has bladder cancer and we have started neoplasene infusions today. Just curious if anybody has had experience with this. She has gotten very depressed today and what little urine she can produce is now red frank blood. She has also been vomiting. My vet has just recently started using neoplasene and had great success although this is the first bladder she has treated and we aren't sure what to expect. I tried to speak with thegentleman at Buck Mountain but he seemed a bit offensive and unhelpful. Any input would be very appreciated. I am very worried about my girl.:shrug:

Frenchy
February 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I tried to speak with thegentleman at Buck Mountain but he seemed a bit offensive and unhelpful.

I e-mailed them twice , same here , not too much help.

I am so sorry things are not going well , I hope this is only because she just had a treatment.... I'm hoping she will get better very soon. :fingerscr

wiredogs
February 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I will keep it posted as to how things go. I am so afraid to do another treatment tomorrow.:pawprint:

Frenchy
February 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I will keep it posted as to how things go. I am so afraid to do another treatment tomorrow.:pawprint:

omg , I wouldn't do it if I was you !

hazelrunpack
February 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Maybe the vet will be able to give you a little insight into what's happening, wiredogs. :fingerscr I know that I'd be hesitant to do the next treatment, though, until there was some explanation for the symptoms today.

Good luck tomorrow! :grouphug: