Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello all

Mud's Mom
February 27th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I'm new to this site but it looks like some great pet owners with alot of great info.

I currently have 3 dogs. Possum a 2yo english setter, Bucky another ES who is 7 and Bogie a 7 yo gordon setter.

I recently lost my Mud. He was a germanwirehaired pointer who passed away on christmas eve from cancer at 8 years old. He was not supposed to live thru the end of september but he just didn't want to leave me. He was my canine soulmate and I know we will meet agian sone day.

I am looking for some advice on a few issues but I will post later in a more apropriate place.

phoozles
February 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the forum!

So sorry to hear about Mud :candle: - we have a Rainbow Bridge section of the site that you might want to post a tribute to him there. :grouphug:

We can't wait to see pictures of Possum, Bucky and Bogie, though! (You might as well start taking them - this group is relentless for pictures! ;))

hazelrunpack
February 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Hi, Mud's Mom! Welcome to the board!

So sorry to hear of your loss of Mud. :grouphug: It's so hard to let any of them go--but the special ones are the hardest.

I'm glad to be able to welcome another setter parent, though. :D We have English setters, too. Almost got gordons, but decided that they'd get too warm during our summers with all that dark (glorious) fur. :dog:

So we're fans of both breeds. And I'm really looking forward to those pictures! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
PS flyfishing! :cloud9:

chico2
February 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Welcome Mud's Mom,really sorry to hear about Mud,telling us about him might help your grief.:rip:Mud

If you have been reading some of our posts,I am sure you have noticed Hazel,who has EIGHT English Setters,they are beautiful dogs.
I hope you have a chance to show us some pictures.

Mud's Mom
February 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I've never written a post before - it took about 2 hours to figure out how to compress a picture but now that I know I'll try to do more soon. And I'm sure I'll write about Mud on the rainbow bridge thread soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome.