Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LOST CAT- Please help find a cat who lost her home to the fire last week in Toronto!

Celine1979
February 26th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Lost calico/tabby cat, female, 4 years old.

Her name is Nelly and she is very sweet and affectionate although may be afraid and confused since her home burned down in the fire at Queen & Bathurst on February 20th. She has a long tail with a white tip, she has all her claws, half of her face is orange, the other half is gray/brown and she has a funny short whiny meow. Nelly wasn't wearing any id nor a collar at the time.

Please help me find her! My friends who lost their apartment are worried sick about Nelly whom they couldn't find in the apartment before having to evacuate. They left the door open in the hopes that she would escape; if you have found her there may be signs of smoke inhalation. Please contact me if you have found Nelly. A reward will be offered to the person who finds her.

Please go here to see pictures: http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/pet/588925369.html

UPDATE: Nelly may have been spotted around Queen and Dufferin. My friends have gone out in the area but have not found her themselves. If you see her and can catch her please get in touch with me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

chico2
February 27th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I could not get the pic,hopefully it means she's been found:pray:

Celine1979
February 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Chico,

Alas, no news on Nelly yet. :cry: I updated the craigslist posting with better pictures so hopefully you can see them now.

My friends miss Nelly terribly so if anyone catches her please let me know!

Thank you!!

chico2
February 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Celine I am so sorry for your friend and of course Nelly.
I hate to say this,but are you certain she did not perrish in the fire:sad:
Cats tend to hide if there is something awful happening.
Could you possibly call the Toronto Star or the Sun,they might publish Nellys story,especially with all the fires we've had lately.
I am assuming you've already alerted Humane Society and other shelters,I would go there and look for her.
Also,I do not know what the neighborhood is like where she lived,but she probably is not very far away,more than likely hovering in someones backyard.
She is more likely to come when called if it is later at night and quieter.
The owner must be heartbroken,it's been so very cold too,the last couple of nights,hope you find the poor little girl:pray:

phoozles
February 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
So sorry to hear Nelly is missing! That fire was terrible!
Hopefully she found a shelter to hide in and she'll be found! :fingerscr:grouphug:

rainbow
February 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm very sorrry to hear about the fire and Nelly. She is probably terrified and hiding somewhere. It is best to go looking late at night or very early in the morning. Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

the gang
February 27th, 2008, 08:01 PM
look close around where you live maby put her blanket or food so she gets her own smell good luck

Celine1979
February 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the words of support! We are hoping that the cat spotted around Queen and Dufferin is Nelly and that someone who spots her can catch her. If anyone reading this lives in the area please keep an eye out! My friends have gone out searching late at night, but no luck so far. Unfortunately, all her stuff was destroyed in the fire, along with all of my friends, so there is no chance of putting things out that smell like home. Another reason she may be extra confused. There is nothing left where her home and the buildings she knew were.

There is a chance she perished in the fire, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that she escaped through the open door and fled to safety. :fingerscr

Your well wishes are greatly appreciated!

Celine

meg4050
February 28th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I'm in that area quite a bit so I'll keep my eye out! My b/f also works a block south of where the fire was so I've given him the craigslist link to pass around at work.

Love4himies
February 28th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I agree, the best idea to try to find her is late at night when all is quiet. Poor girl must be so scared.

NoahGrey
March 1st, 2008, 09:00 AM
I have another Idea,

Since Breakfest Televsion was covering the story on the fire, why don't you contact them and let them know..that a lady's cat from the fire has gone missing. I am sure they wouold be able to post pictures of Nelly.

Breakfest Televison even helped out a cat that was stuck in a tree a few months back...and also a raccoon that was stuck on the gardner. the police actually closed part of the gardner, so Animal Control could safely get the little guy. He was later release.

ACO22

Celine1979
March 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Meg, thank you so much for keeping an eye out and sending the craigslist ad around. Still no word but we are hoping someone is keeping her warm and that she is safe.

ACO22- thanks for the suggestion. I will send them an email now and hope they can help get the word out.

rainbow
March 1st, 2008, 01:49 PM
Good luck, Celine. :fingerscr I hope some media attention will result in you being reunited with Nelly. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: