Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Munchie

lappy
February 26th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Munchie the chocolate lab TAS claimed to be "Pit Bull" now sits on deathrow why his owners are trying to appeal the case.

MediaAd Corp has started a blogspot has been started for Munchie:

http://www.savemunchie.blogspot.com/

All information and press releases regarding case will be found there.

What do you think?

clm
February 26th, 2008, 09:33 PM
How is it that Munchie ended up with TAS?

Cindy

pbpatti
February 26th, 2008, 09:48 PM
If Munchie is euthanized I for one will be extremely upset. The human he suposedly bit sounds to be 90% at fault. This is so upsetting to me to see an animal on "death row" for protecting himself and his property. THIS DOG SHOULD NOT BE KILLED, patti douglas

lappy
February 26th, 2008, 11:26 PM
The the Star did a story on Munchie:

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/303528

aslan
February 27th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I personally dont think there is anyone at the TAS that is qualified to determine the dogs breed. I had to drop a dog off to them years ago. They wanted to put him down as a border collie mix. He was a pure bred Australian sheppard, papers and all. Yeah the breeds look soooo much alike(not). Our govt needs to listen to someone who is qualified to judge.

chico2
February 27th, 2008, 07:26 AM
To me,it's just really sad,a witchhunt,I hope Munchie will be allowed to live as well as all the others unjustly put on "deathrow",shame on Ontario:evil:

danaekitty
February 27th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I am so angry about this situation. There are so many elements to this case in the dog's favour, I simply don't understand why this is happening. It sounds like there's one cranky old broad from TAS who just didn't like what the owner was wearing or something.
It really doesn't make sense. What is it had been a golden who was attacked with a knife after death threats and ran into the house? Would she have done the same thing? There's no way she could use the pit bull excuse then.
Seriously, what a piece of work.
I can't believe this is happening.

aslan
February 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM
worse if you look at the poor pups pic, it is definately a lab cross, possibly with a stafforshire, but he isn't a pit.

chico2
February 27th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I have a feeling,because the owners are students and probably do not have much money have something to do with it,where they wealthy,he would be home by now.
When I read,he is not even allowed to go outside and nobody bothers with him,it just about broke my heart:sad:
I sincerely hope that's not the case:pray:

Rottielover
February 27th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Sad so very very sad. I hope he gets to go home

Saradog
February 29th, 2008, 05:41 PM
...and according to the papers, almost a week ago, last Monday.

babyrocky1
February 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Apparantly his owners didn't know about it til yesterday, and were still working on his appeal... so the rumour mill has it:sad::sad::sad:

Chris21711
February 29th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Reading this made me sick to my stomach, where the f*** do authorities get off on doing whatever they want all the time they can't even tell the owners, they are sick sick people. How do those people even sleep at night.

:cry: for Munchie :rip:

rainbow
March 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
Reading this made me sick to my stomach, where the f*** do authorities get off on doing whatever they want all the time they can't even tell the owners, they are sick sick people. How do those people even sleep at night.

:cry: for Munchie :rip:

I second that. :frustrated: This is just so wrong. :sad: :mad: :wall:

chico2
March 1st, 2008, 06:19 AM
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/308426

I just read it in the Star,poor missunderstood Munchie..:rip:little boy

Saradog
March 1st, 2008, 06:21 AM
Remember the national legal challenge of this bull***** law, and contribute. Every dollar counts. Even if you can send only a couple of dollars, it all counts.

www.bannedaid.com

http://www.doglegislationcouncilcanada.org/donate.html

chico2
March 1st, 2008, 07:15 AM
I did not realize Munchie had been in the shelter since sept:sad:nor that they could euthanize without notifying the owners.
The least the AC could have done,would have been to give the girls a chance to say goodbye,the whole incident is just so very sad:cry:

Saradog
March 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Help bring attention to this outrageous injustice.

http://socialmange.blogspot.com/2008/03/help-bring-attention-to-outrageous.html

chico2
March 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM
This angers me to no end and to read he was only handled with a catchpole since sept OMG,that poor dog:cry:

Brooster
March 1st, 2008, 04:42 PM
Damn, I hope everyone remembers the puppy killers come election time. If I'm still around I'll try to gather the funds together to put a full page in the papers about Munchie and Rambo. :sad:

And PLEASE write a letter to the ED of the Star and Sun, be firm but polite.

Colubridz
March 2nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Just wanted to post all of the letter to the editor e-mail address's

Editor, Toronto Star - lettertoed @ thestar.ca (without the spaces)
Editor, National Post - letters @ nationalpost.com (without the spaces)
Editor, Globe & Mail - Letters @ globeandmail.com (without the spaces)
Editor, Toronto Sun - torsun.editor @ sunmedia.ca (without the spaces)

Mayor Miller

mayor_miller @ toronto.ca (without the spaces)