Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Unusual behaviour

annys_hamilton
February 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM
My dog is 8 years old and has been acting strangely for about a week. She has been very restless and agitated, and gets very disconcerted when anybody leaves the house, and she follows me everywhere when I'm in the house. After taking her to the vet, he suggested ear drops as her ears were very slightly red, but these have had no effect on her behaviour. Any ideas?

Ford Girl
February 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM
What else has changed in your house...people, routine, emotions wise?

Ear drops cuz the dog's ears were red....hum...did your vet say anything else? What kind of drops?

aslan
February 26th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Did anyone in the home go away for a few days? Is puppy eating and drinking, potty functions ok?

annys_hamilton
February 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I can't think of any major changes in the house, and the ear drops are called Canaural.
Thanks for the quick reply.

annys_hamilton
February 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
She's eating and drinking fine, but she did pee in the house a couple of days ago, which she never does.

aslan
February 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Don't know about you but the adults here aren't as forthcoming about going outside in this crap. Your baby might just have cabin fever like the rest of us. Just keep an eye on her eating and potty habits.

Ford Girl
February 26th, 2008, 03:12 PM
She's eating and drinking fine, but she did pee in the house a couple of days ago, which she never does.

With that said, I would go for a check up, write this all down so you can discuss it with your vet. Behavioral problems and changes that come on suddenly are usually a sign of a problem...

aslan - that is true, about cabin fever!!

How much exercise is your dog getting, have you been slack in that routine?

SnowDancer
February 26th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Your profile doesn't provide info on breed of dog that is having the problem. Sometimes it really helps to know since some conditions seem to affect same breed dogs to some extent.