Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What have you been bit by?

happycats
February 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I dn't know if I am posting in the right spot, but here goes.
just wanted to know what everyone has been bit by (if anything at all).

I have been bit by just about everyhing :o Cat's, dog's, snake, spider, budgie, guinea pig, goose, duck, fish, turtle, goat, pig, cow, chicken kid's!!
I guess with the beaked things I was pecked and not bit, but when a goose clamps down it feels like a bite:eek:

OMG I should be traumatized......And I still love all animals after all those bites:lovestruck:

Byrd
February 25th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Ummm.... horse, dogs, cats, rabbits, budgie, cockateil, insects. I think that's about it.

The bird bites are bites, one went right through the webbing between my thumb and index finger, I consider that a bite. LOL

Frenchy
February 25th, 2008, 08:53 PM
By cats yes :laughing: dogs .... Nelly once but she mistook my finger for the carrot I was giving her. :shrug:

I have been VERY lucky , as a kid , I would always approach dogs and pet them , any dogs , stray ones and all , never got bitten.

I still do it :o I just don't think and go for it. :shrug: last year at my vet's , I just went to pet a great dane , and "took my hand back" , looked at the owner and said : can I pet your dog ?!

I know , I just don't think sometimes .....

jiorji
February 25th, 2008, 08:56 PM
just rodents hahah

hamster, rabbit, my guinea pig Ben...I still have the scars,..i'd pick him up and he'd grab onto my skin and pull...I guess that was his way of affection?:laughing:

and my cat bit me today cos i accidentally stepped on her :sad:

clm
February 25th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Oh, I've been bitten by every pet I've had. :laughing: Dogs, cats, budgies, cockatiels, iguana, water dragon, hamster, garter snake.
Wild stuff, only spiders thank goodness. But I react badley to any spider bite. I've got one on my shoulder right now. 4 weeks later and the swelling is just going down.

Cindy

onster
February 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM
budgie :evil: and 'love-bites' by Onnie :rolleyes:

dustybird
February 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Spiders of course....can't hide from those little buggers, same with black flies and other lovely insects.

Cats, dogs, horse on my shoulder blade, now that one hurt, iguana, various parrots, wild birds(blue jays can be nasty when they're hungry), squirrels, raccoon(hungry baby couldn't wait for the bottle), rabbits, rat, mice, gerbil, hamster, ferret(because toes are tasty I guess), grumpy one eyed snake(guess he didn't like being rescued from a bad home...don't blame him though), our special canada geese that think they own everything they poop on.

Doesn't count as a bite but two black eyes from two different cats, one didn't want to go home when her boarding stay was over and the other...well I don't know she was sitting on the exam table purring and then wham...hazards of being short I guess. Funny now when I think about it and that the claws missed my eyeball was just luck.

Byrd
February 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
OH, I forgot about the rats and iguanas.

Frenchy, I'm like you. I've never been badly bitten by a dog. When I was 14 I was walking in the park and a Dobbie came up and bit me in the back of the leg for no reason, then I was a groomer, so I got bit a couple of times by dogs and cats. Then got the accidental bite from Willow last month which was the worse one I ever had. Nothing really major in 34 years of loving dogs.

06canyon
February 25th, 2008, 10:17 PM
rabbit, all birds that find me, (I don't know why), cats, ferrits, hampster,cats, and Ringo(I'm dog sitting him and he has never had a human in charge before)

Stacer
February 25th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I've only had one serious bite by a stray/feral cat that had to be reported and I was stressed for weeks waiting for the quarantine of the cat to be over and cleared of rabies.

I was bitten in the rear end by my friend's dog, bitten by my own cats (during play), insects of course, little wee lizards down south. That's about it. Oh, and one time in Transylvania...

onster
February 25th, 2008, 11:03 PM
bunduk felt neglected. He justttt bit me :mad::yell:

Shaykeija
February 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Hmmmmmmmm no one been bitten by the dreaded............

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/MLphotobucket/Avies/lovebug-sm.gif ?

rainbow
February 26th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Hmmmmmmmm no one been bitten by the dreaded............

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/MLphotobucket/Avies/lovebug-sm.gif ?

:laughing: ....that's cute Shaykeija. :D

I know I have.....many times over. :cloud9:

aslan
February 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Hmmm now lets see, dogs, cats, ferret, chinchilla, monitor lizard, python,parott, cockateil, iguana didn't bite but whipped me with his tail. A racoon, squirrel oh and a tiger cub.

coppperbelle
February 26th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I had some lovebirds for a few years and those things hurt. I was bitten almost every day.

I've been bitten by dogs twice. Like others I have always walked up to dogs and expect them to be friendly. The one time I didn't try to pet a dog he ran up to my leg and bit it. :laughing:
Then I was bitten by one of my dogs once:sad: That hurt like :yell:

happycats
February 26th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Oh that reminds me Dustybird, I got 2 black eyes from me dog too!! We were digging in the snow, and she jumped up as I was leaning over, and that boney part at the top/back of the skull hit my right in the nose!!! The pain!!

I had a Springer Spaniel "Bailey" bite my nose and hang on when I was little....I think he was just playing.....but it was no fun for me, had to go to the hospital!! It's strange because I played with him all day, and there was no problem, he did this when I was leaving:shrug:

My aunts dog ripped my lip open:eek: he was very food posesive, and one of his bones rolled to where I was sitting on the floor, and he just attacked me!

I used to pet every strange dog I met, and was never ever bit by them!

I was bird sitting my friends budgie, and it bit me......man that hurt, he took a chunk right out of my hand! I used oven mitts after that:D

CearaQC
February 26th, 2008, 06:28 AM
No one mentioned bugs! lol Deer flies, black flies, sand flies, mosquitoes...

Budgies, cats, one lovebird and nothing else, not even the bull snake I had a long time ago. Also never broke a bone. *knock on wood* Never had a bad experience with dogs.

Got dive-bombed by a mockingbird once, but not in Canada. Haven't seen one of those up here, nor have I ever seen bluejays or cardinals. The robins have recently arrived though. Just heard them the other morning.

clm
February 26th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Oh yes, I forgot bugs.

Black flies (OMG, for something so small they sure can bite).
Mosquitos
Deer Flies
Horse Flies
Walking Sticks
Sand Fleas
Lady Bugs (remember that nasty variety that had huge numbers a few years back).

Cindy

SARAH
February 26th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Cats, dogs - one badly -, horse flies, and stung by wasp and bees. No allergies! Just the dog bite got infected, but the animal didn't have rabies so I didn't have to have the shot!

Lukka'sma
February 26th, 2008, 08:05 AM
cats, dogs, rabbit, horses, cows, gerbil, hamster, all sorts of flying bugs and a few crawly ones.
The only thing I fear is being bitten by the brown recluse spider:eek:

happycats
February 26th, 2008, 09:23 AM
cats, dogs, rabbit, horses, cows, gerbil, hamster, all sorts of flying bugs and a few crawly ones.
The only thing I fear is being bitten by the brown recluse spider:eek:

We have those around here??!!:eek:

I was bit by a ghost spider (those little green/yellow looking house ones) and my hand swelled up and turned purple!! took about a month to go away.

Chris21711
February 26th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Yorkshire terrier and a Jack, but I still love terriers. The ex-neighbours Border Collie came up behind me and bit my calf. Lovey the Lovebird will take a chunk out whenever she can get you, she is so mean that bird. I'm the same, pet anything with 4 legs without thinking.

deb12
February 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Let's see...... Dogs (mostly a shepherd called Shepi, 20 stitches as a child), cats, mostly from giving meds, oh the dogs as grooming them!!!! Birds, spiders, mosquitoes, and once someones kid (thank god I had my rabies shot :goodvibes:), oh and a fish.

Deb

bendyfoot
February 26th, 2008, 10:44 AM
A scottish terrier, two shi tzus, and a chihuahua... a naughty ankle-biting puppy Jaida (that doesn't really count)... several cats (including my own)... mice, chipmunks, red and grey squirrels, skunks, raccoons (once in the face), a porcupine, mink (I used to work in a wildlife rehab center)... several species of bats including a vampire bat (honest)... parrots, a cocktiel... many insects (praying mantises REALLY FRIKIN HURT!!!) and spiders... a few snakes (non-venomous)...several times by one particularly grumpy bullfrog (honest)...a couple of turtles...a few little fish in the lake...

hmmm...

I think I maybe need to stop harassing the wildlife!:D

bendyfoot
February 26th, 2008, 10:45 AM

no, there not in Ontario (or Canada, for that matter)

krdahmer
February 26th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Um... dogs, lots of cats and kittens (one requiring a tetanus shot), rabbits, not bit but 'nudged' by a cow, spiders, fleas (seems most of you forgot those little angels... :yuck:), ladybugs, skeeters, my brother, some jerky kids I babysat, oh and fish... but that doesn't really count unless they have teeth right? :D

happycats
February 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
(praying mantises REALLY FRIKIN HURT!!!)

You got that right!!! My brother let one go in the house when we were kids, and it flew right at me and bit me!!! Hurt like H@LL!! I have been afraid of the ever since!
It must have been :angel:like heaven working in wildlife rescue!!:lovestruck:

Lukka'sma
February 26th, 2008, 11:05 AM

I was bit by a ghost spider (those little green/yellow looking house ones) and my hand swelled up and turned purple!! took about a month to go away.

No, none around here thank goodness. Just talking about when I hike the Smoky's this spring with a friend.

SnowDancer
February 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Mosquitoes - I am a magnet for them - no need for repellent for others if I am about - very fair thin skin with obviously sweet blood. And of course spiders - in 1955 my cousin and I were covered with Daddy Long Legs in an outhouse in Balmy Beach - we both have a major fear of spiders, no surprise there. Only other bites have been by the cat that tried to kill me for 16 years and they weren't really bites but more along the line of jumping on my head etc. I have yet to even be growled at by a dog - which of course will one day be my undoing.

Frenchy
February 26th, 2008, 11:57 AM
omg I just remembered ... a squirrel !!! Yes I got bit by one at Angrignon park when I was about 12 yr old. It was winter and we all got our granola bars out for lunch , all the squirrels got around :evil: I bent down to feed one and he bit my hand and wouldn't let go , I had to go to the clinic for rabies shot. :frustrated:

bendyfoot
February 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
You got that right!!! My brother let one go in the house when we were kids, and it flew right at me and bit me!!! Hurt like H@LL!! I have been afraid of the ever since!
It must have been :angel:like heaven working in wildlife rescue!!:lovestruck:

I kept the mantis for a few days as part of a live insect display at a National Park I was working at...some kids wanted to see it, and I made the mistake of picking it up out of it's cage rather than letting it walk on me or scooping it. It chomped onto my finger and it took every ounce of my willpower not to scream or fling it across the room...the kids were watching my every move, so I had to turn it into a learning opportunity..."now kids, this is how NOT to pick up a mantis!" (though gritted teeth)

The wildlife rescue was an amazing, amazing experience. The porcie was the sweetest creature, and my favourite...she would climb on my back for piggy-back rides (they don't have quills on their feet or bellies, so it's safe)...but she would bite when you left her pen, so I had to wear boots all the time to protect my legs! The skunks were my second favourite. I stunk for about three months once the babies started coming in (seriously, I'd have people "sniffing" around me any time I went out in public), but they were soooooo cute and full of attitude...I used to play-chase one little girl who was too young to be released that year (so she was a longer-term resident)...I'd pretend to chase her, she'd stop and put up her tail and take aim at me...but she never really meant it (never sprayed)...so I'd turn around and she'd just chase after me. It was way too much fun. We had two river otters (oh yeah, I forgot to put them on my list of things that bit me) and fox kits and a coyote too.

Writing4Fun
February 26th, 2008, 12:46 PM
One of my childhood dogs left a nice scar on my hand ... but it totally wasn't his fault (he was caught in the fence, I tried to help, hurt him even more in my sorry 10 year old efforts to help). My cat (:rip: Brooklyn) used to get a little "enthusiastic" in his displays of affection from time to time. :rolleyes: Various puppies through the years have used me as a chew toy. :D Millions upon millions of crawling/flying insects (it would appear that I'm like filet mignon to them :frustrated: ). My parents' neighbour used to have a rather aggressive Chi who was allowed to roam. Good thing it was winter and I was wearing my Isotoner gloves. :laughing:

Don't be so sure about that brown recluse. In speaking with a local "reptile wrangler", I was informed that in the summer time around here you'll find lots of exotic insects. He gets several calls every summer to round up tarantulas and such. They come up in the fruit shipments, and our summer temps are just fine for them. :eek:

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
February 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I got bit by my Scottish Terrier; entirely my fault, the one time was that I was too harsh when I was removing some burs/matts out of his hair and he bit me out of pain :( The other time was when I was giving him a treat and he accidentally chomped down on my finger, resulting in the nail dying off. He was always showing tons of remorse afterwards and we bore no grudge against each other. I miss him :(

I've also been bitten by my first rat when she was really old and couldn't see very well, and also by my sister's gerbil. The worst bite I ever received by an animal was from a classroom hamster. She bit me right to the bone and hung on!

I got bit by mosquitoes, blackflies, ladybugs and yuck . . . Ticks. I was running my fingers through my hair once and there was one attached to the back of my neck. Those things creep me out more than anything!

weppasmom
February 29th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I've been bitten by all the usual bugs - mosquitoes, bees, etc. When I was about 4 years old I was bitten by my Grandmother's big long-haired collie. I was probably annoying her :evil: But I wonder if that is why all these years I have preferred short haired dogs :shrug: