Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yet more pictures

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Oksana, looking like her beautiful self.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/007-6.jpg

Kiska having a nap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/001-6.jpg'

Maks sleeping on mommy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/017-2.jpg

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Believe it or not, my first ever picture of me holding Oksana here and Vlad at the bottom.

When I have people over I always forget to ask them to take pictures of me holding them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/012-6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/011-5.jpg

My niece took them. Too bad she didn't tell me how horrible I looked in that first one LOL.

My niece, the photographer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/013-4.jpg

krdahmer
February 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Aw cuties... all of you... nice to finally put a face to the name!

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks. I thought I posted a picture of me before. Just ignore that first one of me with Oksana. Blech. LOL, those were taken yesterday, my "all day pj day."

onster
February 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
awww cute pics :)

I love how shiny ure kitties fur are! Do oksana and vlad have dandruff? My Onnie does and Ive always seen black kitties tend to have this problem....there was a time when he didnt (orijen) but his poops----:yuck:

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 09:11 PM
awww cute pics :)

I love how shiny ure kitties fur are! Do oksana and vlad have dandruff? My Onnie does and Ive always seen black kitties tend to have this problem....there was a time when he didnt (orijen) but his poops----:yuck:

Thanks.

No, I've never seen any dandruff on them. I brush them regularly, and they are always grooming. The only food they like is Fancy Feast canned, and they also have two bowls of Eukanuba, set out for them. I bathe them once a month with a shampoo I can't remember the name of, but it's good and smells nice. I keep the temperature in the apartment at 70, so maybe since it's cool in here too, their skin isn't dry. :shrug:

onster
February 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM
hmmmm thanks for the info ancientgirl. Hazel fur is just fine...but Onnie has lotsa dander these days..makes me :sad:. I think I will have to switch foods, cuz I know they are on crappy food now, but i needed to control their poop issues (hazel = runny, v smelly, onnie = too loose/anal gland issues) so had to follow vet advice. Now theyre all cleared up poop wise...but I dont like Onnie's fur...

Maybe ill try mixing food...

and baths sounds like theyll help too, ive never bathed mine and i have asthma like u ....thanks for the advice :thumbs up

happycats
February 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Such pretty pic/'s!!! I just LOVE black cats, Oksana is just beautiful:lovestruck:

katie&thecrew
February 25th, 2008, 11:08 PM
You have the CUTEST gang, I am an adorer of black cats, and your other two are so gorgeous as well!!

rainbow
February 26th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Cute pics :lovestruck: ....I love the one of Maks. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
February 26th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I like Kiska's napping pic w/her purrty white socks all stretched out in front of her - looks like she was very tired from a day of playing :cloud9:

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM
hmmmm thanks for the info ancientgirl. Hazel fur is just fine...but Onnie has lotsa dander these days..makes me :sad:. I think I will have to switch foods, cuz I know they are on crappy food now, but i needed to control their poop issues (hazel = runny, v smelly, onnie = too loose/anal gland issues) so had to follow vet advice. Now theyre all cleared up poop wise...but I dont like Onnie's fur...

Maybe ill try mixing food...

and baths sounds like theyll help too, ive never bathed mine and i have asthma like u ....thanks for the advice :thumbs up

I've tried to give them Wellness but they don't like it. I used to give them Nutro Max canned, but they got tired of it. But now they're getting tired of the Fancy Feast, since I've had a problem with all of them ignoring their food. At least they're eating the kibble. I've got to try something else and see if they like it.

I need to bathe them this week. I've found that my allergies and asthma seems to start becoming an issue near the end of the month, so I know that's when it's time for a bath. I also ordered something to spray on their coats once a week. It's a natural product and it keeps the dander down. I'd also like to get that Petvac I saw on TV. It looks like it would be good, because it has a vacuum attachment that has something that looks like a Furminator on it. The hose is about 15 or 20 feet long, so you can put it in another room and the noise won't scare them as much.

They've gotten to actually not mind baths too much, thank goodness.

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Such pretty pic/'s!!! I just LOVE black cats, Oksana is just beautiful:lovestruck:

Thanks. She really is a beautiful girl. And of the four, her fur is the softest.

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
You have the CUTEST gang, I am an adorer of black cats, and your other two are so gorgeous as well!!

Thanks! I've always loved black cats. When I knew I was ready for a kitty, I actively looked for a black one. I was very lucky to have found Vlad and then a month later Oksana. And of course, a few months later my two little ones. :D

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Cute pics :lovestruck: ....I love the one of Maks. :cloud9:

I realized that's one of the few pictures I have of Maks where he doesn't look annoyed :laughing:

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I like Kiska's napping pic w/her purrty white socks all stretched out in front of her - looks like she was very tired from a day of playing :cloud9:

It's funny, but when they sleep on that chair, they all seem to wind up stretched like that.

loopoo
February 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
i love seeing pics of all your kitties, they really are beauties.. and your apt is pretty nice looking too, cant believe you were ever worried about that hehe:D

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 26th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks.

No, I've never seen any dandruff on them. I brush them regularly, and they are always grooming. The only food they like is Fancy Feast canned, and they also have two bowls of Eukanuba, set out for them. I bathe them once a month with a shampoo I can't remember the name of, but it's good and smells nice. I keep the temperature in the apartment at 70, so maybe since it's cool in here too, their skin isn't dry. :shrug:

Gee! My boys are going to be THREE next month ... I've never ever bathed them. Mind you, they do a pretty good job of grooming each other... they have the softest fur ever.

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks! Once my friend got the lattice up I felt better about moving in. I was just so nervous about them falling from the loft ledge. I'm glad we got it up too, because many a time they've been chasing each other on that ledge too! I also wanted to put something on the stairs, but I don't mind it being open on the one side and the kitties have never had an issue with them either.

ancientgirl
February 27th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Gee! My boys are going to be THREE next month ... I've never ever bathed them. Mind you, they do a pretty good job of grooming each other... they have the softest fur ever.

I bathe them all once a month because it helps with my allergies and asthma. It keeps their dander down for me.

Jim Hall
February 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I love the first picture such a happy calm expression on your face Tey all look so relaxed and peacfull

14+kitties
February 27th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Very cute pics ancient. Maks still has that "Why do you always have that thing in my face" look. Too cute! And Kiska :cloud9: Course Vlad and Oksana aren't too shabby either.
How is Czarina doing?

ancientgirl
February 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I love the first picture such a happy calm expression on your face Tey all look so relaxed and peacfull

They do have a way of keeping my stress level down. Of course, not when they've got the crazies at 1 in the morning.:D

ancientgirl
February 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Very cute pics ancient. Maks still has that "Why do you always have that thing in my face" look. Too cute! And Kiska :cloud9: Course Vlad and Oksana aren't too shabby either.
How is Czarina doing?

LOL, yeah he just hasn't gotten used to it yet. Vlad and Oksana don't even bat an eyelash.

Thank you for asking, she's fine. I see her in the mornings and sit with her a while. I tried to brush her yesterday but she got quite bothered by it. LOL, she kept her distance from me the rest of the time I was down there. I have to make an appointment for her wellness exam, which I hope to do for March. I'd like to see if I can get a day off and just take her in the morning.