Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New toys for Kira and Helix!

Cram
February 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Here are a few pictures I took this weekend of our furkids. Kira and Helix are getting along great- although sometimes I have to separate them because they can get a little to excited and rough with each other, LOL!

Kira and her pink bunny (at least until Helix got a hold of it):

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMGP2627.jpg

Kira looking very regal :)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMGP2602.jpg

Cram
February 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Helix is the master of destruction! (Yep, that's a medium sized Cuz. It's now just a ball...)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMGP2632.jpg

Kira enjoying the fleece rope bone I made for her (they're great for tug plus they are super cheap to make so it doesn't matter if Helix destroys it!)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMGP2650.jpg

danaekitty
February 25th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Kira is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! What kind of dog is she?

Cram
February 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks :) We actually just adopted her (just over a week ago) from a shelter in Northern Sask. They were pretty sure she is a Norwegian elkhound mix (probably with a lab) because there is someone in the area that has an unfixed elkhound that they let breed indiscriminately :frustrated: so they've had several similar puppies/ dogs in through their shelter. For some reason, they often are the wonderful chocolate brown colour- which is unlike elkhounds- but she has an elkhound coat (very very soft- she's like a big teddy bear!). Right now she's *about* 8 months old and 35 lbs, and about 18" tall at the shoulders. She shouldn't get much bigger, which would make her the size of a typical elkhound. She is such a mellow, happy dog. She is very affectionate and very tolerant of Helix- who bugs her all the time trying to play! She's smart- she had no formal training prior to coming home with us, but she's already housetrained and can "sit" "down" and "come" (it helps that she can learn from Helix too!). Between her and Helix, we get a lot of attention on walks!

jiorji
February 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM
HELIX!!! I wanna steal you and keep you in my pocket and cuddle you and snuggle with you ALL THE TIME!!!:cloud9::cloud9: such a cutie. His eyes are just so curious!

and Kira is looking great :thumbs up

chico2
February 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Cram,Kira is really beautiful,she actually looks like a bear in the first pic:lovestruck:her colour is stunning..
and then there is Helix:laughing:such a cute little guy,I bet he loves having a playmate:dog:

deb12
February 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
WOW those are some lookers :eek:, I am jealous!!!! They are beautiful :dog:

Deb

rainbow
February 26th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I love Kira's colouring ....she is a very pretty girl. :lovestruck: And, Helix is gorgeous as always. :cloud9:

Lukka'sma
February 26th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Kira is a gorgeous girl:lovestruck:
Helix is looking as handsome as ever, does he still have his pelican?

Cram
February 26th, 2008, 08:23 AM
LOL, the pelican is long gone. Helix was really good with his toys until he was about 8 months old- then suddenly he discovered the fluff within, and now everything is destructible! We've bought Wubbas (made with balistic nylon!!) and a bunch of other apparently indestructible toys and he can always destroy them. Now I just buy really cheap fleece from Walmart and cut it into strips and braid it with knots at either end. It's really inexpensive and easy to make toys this way, and it keeps Helix occupied. He can't destroy the fleece as fast because it doesn't shred like other fabrics. Kira has a big one in her last picture :)

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Your puppies are both just beautiful!:lovestruck:

loopoo
February 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
you have two gorgeous dogs there:)

Frenchy
February 26th, 2008, 09:02 PM
omg you so know how to pick your dogs ! They are both gorgeous !!! I love newbie Kira :lovestruck: and Helix of course , I always liked him :cloud9: