Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sleeping patterns

ancientgirl
February 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm wondering if Vlad might be sleeping too much. Actually, now that I think about it, they've all been sleeping most of the day.

I've been home all day and they've been sleeping ALL DAY. Except for the occasional stroll to the food dish, which none of them seemed to like. Oh, and the half hour my brother was here with the kids.

So now I'm wondering, is it just my cats that spend most of the day sleeping?

They do seem more alert during the week in the evening.

Love4himies
February 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Some days, my cats seem to never sleep and on other days, I can barely wake them for dinner. And they all seem to be the same, maybe it is some electricity in the air that keeps them more active some days:shrug:

ancientgirl
February 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that's what it seems like. There are days when they're all over the place, and then days like today, they barely want to wake up.

Love4himies
February 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
There are days when they're all over the place, and then days like today, they barely want to wake up.

He he, kinda sounds like me.

ancientgirl
February 24th, 2008, 08:24 PM
He he, kinda sounds like me.

Okay, I feel better. At least I know mine aren't the only ones.

loopoo
February 25th, 2008, 12:05 AM
cats seem to be more nocturnal.. mine has no issues sleeping all day, but when we are finally winding down... she is revved and ready to play and go:D

clm
February 25th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I've often thought that given how much time they sleep, cat's should live forever. :laughing:
Mine are only active for an hour or so in the morning before we go to work and a few hours in the evening. All except Gabby that is, she like's to wake everyone up around 3:00 doing zoomies around the house and up and down the cat trees if I forget to lock her up for the night. :evil: She seems to sleep a few hours less than the other 2 cats, but then she thinks she's a dog. :laughing:

Cindy

Jim Hall
February 25th, 2008, 09:10 AM
inless it goes on for 3 or for days and they seem sick for get about it

all cats do that hey ive done that come to think of it , all day in bed
a snack then a nice long sleep hmmm zzzzzzzzzzz

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys. I was starting to think maybe there was something wrong with them. They are all active in the morning as I'm up and getting ready for work. When I leave them, they are all looking out the window or chasing each other. I imagine they sleep most of the day, then when I get home they are all up and about for another hour or two. After they eat their evening meal, they start to wind down.

They actually do pretty well at night. Vlad sleeps next to me most of the night, and the mini-dynamic duo sleep at my feet. Oksana shows up at some point then sleeps for the rest of the night with us. So they have grown used to sleeping most of the night with me.

clm, I agree with you, they should live forever :D, at least, longer than they do.

jiorji
February 25th, 2008, 09:18 AM
my cats sleep 23 hours a day....the rest is galloping, eating, drinking, pooping....nothing wrong with them, that's just what cats do. :shrug:

krdahmer
February 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Although the amount of time spent napping varies from cat to cat, and depends on the cat's age and personality, felines spend an average of 13 to 16 hours each day curled up in slumber. Only the opossum and the bat sleep more – napping away almost 20 hours a day.

http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-49.htm

:sleepy::D

My guys have mostly sleepy days too, then a bit of action late afternoon and evening and then back to napping. And then a snack... then more napping... then a pee break... more napping... then they crawl into bed with me for the night.
The night of the full moon though was another story, they got the zoomies at 4:30AM!!! :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.pets.ca/pettips/tips-49.htm

:sleepy::D

My guys have mostly sleepy days too, then a bit of action late afternoon and evening and then back to napping. And then a snack... then more napping... then a pee break... more napping... then they crawl into bed with me for the night.
The night of the full moon though was another story, they got the zoomies at 4:30AM!!! :rolleyes:

That's interesting. I'll have to make a note of when the next full moon is to see if their sleep pattern changes. I've never noticed it before.

clm
February 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
That's interesting. I'll have to make a note of when the next full moon is to see if their sleep pattern changes. I've never noticed it before.

Instead of werewolves, they turn into werecats during full moons. :laughing:

Cindy

Magicwildwolf69
February 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Instead of werewolves, they turn into werecats during full moons. :laughing:

Cindy

Oh i completely agree!!!! Seems out comes the moon out comes the hypers :D
Boyfriend and I sometimes have to lock the bedroom door just so we can get some sleep. But then by day its me waking them up and sometimes is disconcerting (sp?) having 6 eyes just kinda of glaring at you :laughing:

ancientgirl
February 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I need to look at a calendar. LOL, I can't remember the last time they drove me nuts at an early hour.

I will say though, if I go out and stay out late, once I get to bed they're all out of whack and it takes them forever to settle down.