Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

reward treats

wdawson
February 24th, 2008, 03:58 PM
anyone know of a good wee size training treat.....one thats not gonna be like a meal after a few hours.....she is a jack.

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 04:01 PM
They have small liver treats in pet stores for training dogs. :dog:

Tommysmom
February 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
We use Wellness Pure Rewards. They're little squares of soft jerky-like treats, and they're easy to tear into even smaller pieces. We had the same problem with Tommy, most treats filled him up enough that he didn't want the next one, LOL. FYI, the venison and salmon ones seem to be everybody's favourite, it's an irresistible stinky flavour:thumbs up.

wdawson
February 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM
thanks guys

meg4050
February 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Old Mother Hubbard makes training treats that are the size of a piece of kibble called Bitz - we get them for Barkley to put in one of those balls that he can roll around and get treats out of.

breeze
February 24th, 2008, 10:05 PM
they are called buddy biscuits, they are all natural they are shaped likt ginger bread men..
you can get the big ones or the tiny bity ones..

pbpatti
February 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I use the above they are quite small and the package claims they are only ? 1 or 3 calories each, can't remember I don't have a package available, they come in Liver and cheese flavors, the cheese ones break up in your pockets as they are softer. pbp

Longblades
February 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Chicken weiners - cut into whatever size piece you need. Very cheap. I usually end up throwing a good part of the package out due to not using them up in time. They are soft and slimy so easy to swallow.

Other stuff I've used: chick peas, bits of real cheese, bits of any fruit or vegetable that is soft and easy to swallow, mini marshmallows, gummy bears. Easy on the last two. Variety keeps them interested.