Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beneful

BusterBoo
February 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Ok, so I am watching the Westminster Dog Show (for the umpteenth time) and they keep showing a commercial with a guy offering his dog Beneful. It looks like stew, shows all the ingredients of stew (meat, peas, gravy). I don't plan on buying any but........is it all it appears to be? Has anyone bought it and if so, when you take the cover off, does it really look that good?? :shrug:

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty sure there no real meat in this .... just like the Pedegree bag that shows you lots of good meats and veggies .... while there none in it.

It may be full of .... yummy by-product.

sugarcatmom
February 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
The Beneful 'stews' all have wheat gluten, meat by-products, corn starch and sometimes soy flour, none of which I'd recommend feeding. Here are the ingredients for Simmered Chicken Medley:

INGREDIENTS
Water sufficient for processing, chicken, wheat gluten, liver, white rice, green beans, meat by-products, corn starch-modified, carrots, wild rice, artificial and natural flavors, calcium phosphate, salt, soy flour, potassium chloride, added color,.....

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
NGREDIENTS
Water sufficient for processing, chicken,

Chicken as the second ingredient ? Surprising ... I would have thought by-product meats ...

want4rain
February 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM
you guys could write them and ask if its ok for human consumption?? :evil:

-ash

chico2
February 24th, 2008, 05:30 PM
It looks good enough to eat for a human for sure,but I somehow doubt this is what it looks like in reality.
The same with Beneful kibbles(Bailey gets it:sad:)it sounds to great to be true in commercials,but people who don't know any difference will fall for it.