Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello, I'm new

Dizzebby
February 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hi, I have 2 dogs and two cats. My chihuahua is 15 years old next week, and she is fading fast and We have to take her to the Vet's tomorrow. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. How do people get through this?

I also have a 16 month old BorderCollie/lab mix. How do I get her to leave the cats alone.?

I am Tommysmommy's Mom.

Could anyone tell me the caracteristics of this kind of dog. ? WE adopted her from the St. Thomas animal control on Dec 12th. She is happy go luck, eats anything, and is extra loveable. Problem? None really, except she has the loudest bark I have ever heard and soooooo deep.

Can anyone give me some tips on her? This shedding is unbelievable

Thanks

Tommys MomS Mom

Tommysmom
February 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Mom!

Welcome aboard! Nice to see you made it here.

I'm so sorry about Dizzy, but it's for the best... she's had a wonderful life with you:grouphug: (Dizzy is her chihuahua who is going to the vet tomorrow).

Hopefully people can help you out with Ebby, I'll show you how to post your questions in the right place.

Welcome to pets.ca!

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Dizzebby , sorry about Dizzy :sad: it's always very hard to say goodbye. :grouphug:

So Tommysmom will have to be extra nice now that her mom is a pets.ca member :D

We will snitch to your mom if you're too :evil:

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 24th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry about Dizzy, Dizzebby :grouphug: It's always hard. Fifteen years! We never have enough time with our furbabies, but 15 years' worth is a lot of love and a lot of memories. Eventually, the happy memories will overcome the sad ones.

:candle: Dizzy

As for the shedding...I've found that regular brushing is the best thing to minimize it. I have English Setters and when all 8 of them are blowing their coats, the hairballs around here are amazing! :eek: The vacuum cleaner is my best friend during that time. :o

Perhaps some of the other members will chime in with advice. I know that some people have found dietary supplements to be instrumental in reducing shedding, but I've never had good luck with them, so I just keep brushing and vacuuming. :D

Welcome to the board, Tommysmom's Mom.

pbpatti
February 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
My :2cents:, I also welcome you to the board, I have a Choc Lab and she was shedding so much this past winter that I couldn't keep up. - I have no idea how Hazelrunpack does it- anyway, I read here on the board about Sardines and decided to try them out. Sasha gets one with her breakfast and the amount of shedding has really decreased alot.

I am so sad for you and your family regarding Dizzy, it is the hardest thing you will ever have to do. I will send you strength to get throught eh next days:pray: pbp

Sandra Rose
February 25th, 2008, 12:12 AM
You are right it is the hardest of things, it truly is. And no others will take Dizzy's place in your heart, you will always always have that and your memories. New ones though will come and make you smile again!

I want to welcome you too - and please know you are in my thoughts.

chico2
February 25th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Dizzebby,boy,do we have things to tell you about your daughter(just kidding!)

I am really sorry about Dizzy having to go to the Bridge,there is not much that could possibly comfort you today,it is very difficult and heartbreaking.
However, you are doing what is right for little Dizzy,we'll be thinking of you and Dizzy today:pray:

Dizzebby
February 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hey, everyone. Well my Chiuhauha is without any more pain today. It is so hard. I loved her so much. Will the pain ever ease?

deb12
February 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I extend my :pray: to you and hope the pain for you will ease, 15 years is a really great friend, I hope and wish you all the best! :grouphug:

Deb

chico2
February 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Awww :grouphug:and condoleances to you.
The pain will ease eventually and you'll think of your wonderful pup with a smile on your face,not tears.
Dizzy is ok now,it's the most unselfish thing we can do,letting our animals go,when they just don't have a good life anymore.
But of course it hurts terribly:cry:
If you feel a need to talk about Dizzy and her life,please do so here,we all have been there and understand.

Tommysmom
February 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug:

Tommy's thinking of you, too... he's gonna miss his auntie Dizz, the only dog he ever liked:pawprint:.

Dizzebby
February 26th, 2008, 10:56 AM
This is Dizzebby's mom. I can't seem to find the poem "The Bridge". Could someone post it? Maybe it will help me to not be too sad losing Dizzy. Thanks

aslan
February 26th, 2008, 02:37 PM
:sorry: We send our:grouphug: It is the kindest thing you could do for your baby. It does get better over time.

Barbsy
March 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry for your loss :grouphug: Hardest thing to do. You can find the poem by doing a search on Rainbow Bridge on the Net. It`s beautiful.

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
This is Dizzebby's mom. I can't seem to find the poem "The Bridge". Could someone post it? Maybe it will help me to not be too sad losing Dizzy. Thanks

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/7848/bridgepoem.html#story1

:grouphug:

How did today go, dizzebby?