Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

he's shaking

TinaMcq
February 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
My dog skipper is laying on the couch awake and he is shaking its been happening for sometime now, I don't know what it could be anyone have any ideas?

14+kitties
February 24th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Call your vet or an Evet.
Is it a violent shaking? Does he seem aware or out of it? Is he stiffening up? Did he hurt himself? Is he able to walk? Is he aware of your presence? Is he responding to your voice?
See..... this is why you need to call the vet. None of us are qualified to answer this. It could be many things from seizure to stroke to pain from unknown injury or he just could be cold. :shrug:
:fingerscr :goodvibes: are being sent to you.

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
You need to go see a vet today. Dogs will shake when they don't feel ok , it's a mechanism for them. But you need a vet to tell you what's wrong with him.

SnowDancer
February 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Definitely see a vet asap - and don't rule out a neurological problem. Since you are in Kitchener, Guelph would be a great option for you should the problem be serious.

TinaMcq
February 24th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I checked skippers bum because I took him out for a walk and his tail was between his legs and there was nothing there gave him a bath I was talking to my friend and she suggested I try that cause when I wrote my first post he was laying down when he was shaking so I didn't see the tail between the legs that is why she told me to check to see if something was stuck there and there was nothing. I will watch him throughout the day to see if there is anymore going on.

TinaMcq
February 28th, 2008, 05:18 AM
An update Skipper is fine I guess it was a bug of some sort, I watched him for a few days and he it back to his normal self.......

Love4himies
February 28th, 2008, 06:12 AM
He may have had a high fever causing him to shiver. Normally if a fever reaches that high, meds are required to bring it down otherwise the pet can go into a coma.