Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello all

FirstTimePetGuy
February 23rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I haven't visted the forum in quite some time and i wanted to give you guys a heads up in whats going on :)

Maggie is 3.5 months old and celebrating a birthday in 4 days (my lil pup is going to be 4 months :cry: wheres the time gone) shes not fully potty trained yet. she still has accidents in the house and once or twice in the crate if i zone her out with something. But i always take her out, Its warming up so i'm always going out with her, just today i took her out for a 45 min run :) and she loved it, except when we got around cars, she hates the noise.

She hasn't gotten the used to any tricks i'm treaching her, buit with time she'll get everything. Shes a people maniac, she'll go up to just anyone and wanna say "hi"

I love her to death.

Few things are coming up (last shots and spaying) I'm outta work now so i am busy looking for work, but shes always on my mind.

Heres a recent photo:

http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08080/ctmpphpguctmz400.jpg

TTYL

-FTPG

TeriM
February 24th, 2008, 02:29 AM
She is adorable :lovestruck:. A work of caution though, if you meant that you were running for 45 min with her then she is really much to young to do that. Puppies that age can probably handle a 45 min walk or romp but running at a steady pace like that puts a lot of stress on her growing joints and could cause long term problems.

FirstTimePetGuy
February 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
She is adorable :lovestruck:. A work of caution though, if you meant that you were running for 45 min with her then she is really much to young to do that. Puppies that age can probably handle a 45 min walk or romp but running at a steady pace like that puts a lot of stress on her growing joints and could cause long term problems.

I meant a wak, i usually say run and not walk, sorry for the confusion
She usually walks double the pace then me so i gotta tell her to slow down :P

She loves to walk, but has hard time around loud noises :)

jiorji
February 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM
awww cute!

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
She loves to walk, but has hard time around loud noises :)

She's adorable ! :lovestruck: and she's young , IMO , she'll get use to the noises.

hazelrunpack
February 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
She is a doll! :lovestruck: She has such lovely eyes--look at that expression! :D

Teri's right, though--until the growth plates close on those bones, you don't want to overexercise. It can result in damaged joints or dysplasia. I think even a 45 minute walk might be pushing it at that age--two 20-25 minute walks a day would be better. Free exercise (playing off leash) is generally easier on the joints than exercise like walking or running on leash.

t.pettet
February 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM
What a sweet little innocent face.

babykitten
March 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
HAPPY B DAY PUPPY:party::dog:

Lukka'sma
March 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
So glad you dropped in to give us an update
She is looking just as pretty as can be:lovestruck: