Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dazy's friends...Part 2...Holly!

Ford Girl
February 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Here's Holly...and Dazy...:lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
February 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
Did you notice the drool starting in the last pic??? LOL! :rolleyes: I had treats obviously!! It got worse from there...

Ford Girl
February 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
And the worse one...:laughing: :yuck: :rolleyes:

onster
February 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
ummmmmmm ok...maybe I dont want to join in on the party anymore :yuck: just kidding...i would brave the torrential downpour to snuggle :laughing:

Theyre still super cute...minus all the slobber! :o

jiorji
February 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
HAAHHA why does she look so proud of herself with all that drool??:laughing:

Holly's thinking "ummm....i hang out with the wrong crowd" HAHHA

JanM
February 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Holly looks like an :angel2: (in disguise) :laughing: I can relate to the slobber too - Bobby is the bestest slobberer around :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
The first pic Dazy's got the BARC face going! :evil: :mwaha: :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: OMG the Drool!!! :laugh:

TeriM
February 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM
:laughing: gotta love a drooling dog :rolleyes:. Holly is gorgeous and of course Dazy is as beautiful as ever :lovestruck:.

aslan
February 24th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Its soooo nice to know quincy isn't the only slobber monster. Ever notice they get good and goobery then have to rest their head on you. The ladies are just gorgeous.

Winston
February 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
OMG Daisy is her gorgeous self as usual....BUT HOLLY is gorgeous....got a soft spot for those chocolates!!! She has a very nice coat.....So who is Holly and who is Voo? Voo is really nice looking too....Sounds like fun sleepover!!

Cindy

wdawson
February 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
thats some drool:eek:...they are both gorgeous:cloud9:

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 09:55 AM
:laughing: I love the drooly shots :laughing:

Ford Girl
February 24th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Holly is our friend's choco lab, she's almost 3....beautiful and smart...true lab, bouncy and gentle...she's just maturing now...so you still get the mini jumps and the crazy greeting...but less puppyish. :cloud9: Dazy met her as a pup and always respected her, Dazy is taller and larger in general then Holly, but Holly out weighs her by about 15lbs.

Dazy's face is turned that way partially out of respect for Hollys space, each treat given to Holly, Dazy moved herself as far as she could....Dazy submits non-stop to Holly...and I mean if Holly even looks her way she rolls over and show her belly...Holly will engage her in play and Dazy timidly accepts...they have never been at it...so it's a bit much on Dazy's part, she use to pee all over the place when ever she saw Holly...(wish she could learn proper dog behavior, she's always to the extreme :rolleyes:)

VooDoo is my BFF's dog, she's Dazy's BFF, they spend tones of time together, Voo is a rescue from Louisiana - a second generation Katrina survivor...there she was living on the streets with her mom and brother - who both ended up dying of heart worm, Voo was a very scared little girl, almost fragile...Dazy changed all that...Dazy showed her how to play, relax in the crate, helped with her recall, Dazy even shows her how to act around Pubert....at first she looked to Dazy for almost all behaviors...Dazy calms her down...has been a key to solving Voo's anxieties...at first Voo would snap at her, growl, bare teeth, alot of fear aggression...Dazy would have no part in it...she made it her job to show Voo the ropes...Dazy would put a paw on Voo's face as she was baring her teeth....as if to say..."um, you're going to be my friend, so knock it of.." and Voo did. Dazy let's Voo dominate her, mount her...take toys and bones from her...Dazy could care less...she's never felt threatened by Voo...

Now they are best friends...we have Voo over once a week, and Dazy goes to Voo's once a week, they live about 10 houses away...it gives us humans a break too!

And thats a little history on these doggies...

Oh, and BTW, Voo and Holly don't get on at all, they have met a few times...Voo was in the instigator completely....and Holly's confident and not above puttign another dog in it's place using the right amount of force...not a good match...Voo seeks her out...and circles her...so when Holly was over, Voo was in the x-pen with a kong..

Holly is intact, which doesn't help...with each upcoming heat they talk of breeding her...I do my best to tell them about the HS...and bybing, and health factors...and her humans always talk about wanting to put her in day care or the resort or the pool, and I keep saying...well, get her spayed then!!! I try not to rant about it, these are good friends of ours...and they don't seem to be 100% committed to doing it for sure for sure, plus they just had a baby last Sept. So they are busy!! :fingerscr that they never will...

Back before we got Dazy we were waiting for them to breed her so we could take a female pup or the runt, cuz Holly is small in stature for a lab..and after a few heats without them actually looking in to doing it, just talk...we told them we didn't want to wait any longer...so we went looking else where...that was before I knew anything about byb...I will do my best in the future to deter them...but I wonder if they ever did...how hard it would be to resist a pup?? Just being honest here...

As for looking so proud...last night I noticed she would look at the camera for the first shot...and her eyes would close cuz of the flash...then each shot after that she would turn her head more and more, and look up, her eyes are just slits...but the end of the photo shoot....she would just turn her head flash or not!! Heaven forbid she got up and missed out on the treats...:rolleyes:

rainbow
February 26th, 2008, 01:36 AM
OMG....that's some serious drool in the last pic. :eek: How can such a pretty girl drool like that? :D

Holly is very pretty too. :lovestruck: