Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Snow Dance Video!

Writing4Fun
February 22nd, 2008, 10:00 AM
I finally got a bit of video of Phoebe's happy snow dance! :crazy: She stops and comes running if she sees me in the door, so I had to hide behind the curtains to get this. She does this every day, several times a day. I've seen her go at it for 5 minutes straight. She's made two very lovely dog-sized disc-shaped depressions in the snow right in front of the deck. Half of me is curious to go dig it up to see what the attraction is, but the other half would hate to ruin all her hard work. :laughing:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/AnderiEngr/Phoebe/th_HappySnowDance2.jpgClick her for video. (http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/AnderiEngr/Phoebe/?action=view&current=HappySnowDance2.flv)

SnowDancer
February 22nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Very cute pictures. And, surprise, guess why my screen name is SnowDancer! My guy does as yours does and then dances on his hind legs as Eskies are prone to do. But don't dare try and take a picture - he immediately scrunches down, flattens his fur and grimaces.

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2008, 10:25 AM
That was very cute. Just goes to show how well insulated their fur keeps them if they want to just wiggle around in such cold snow.

SnowDancer
February 22nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Funny how dogs can play in the cold snow, but heaven forbid they should be cold in the house! My Eskie has fur that is more hair than fur - much like a Persian cat - but no problems rolling, eating etc. in the snow but in the house, he needs his comforts.

Writing4Fun
February 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Funny how dogs can play in the cold snow, but heaven forbid they should be cold in the house! My Eskie has fur that is more hair than fur - much like a Persian cat - but no problems rolling, eating etc. in the snow but in the house, he needs his comforts.

Oh, I know! They're so funny! She can roll around in snow outside, but when she's in the house, she'll change position so that she spends most of the day lying in the patch of sun coming in through the front window. :rolleyes:

They told me she was part Husky ... I guess the Husky part is on her back. :laughing:

Ford Girl
February 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
I love it! Very cute! Some dogs just love the snow!!! :cloud9:

(Dazy does that inthe snow too, and in cow poo at camp! :yuck:)

aslan
February 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
My golden Quincy will do the dance too. He'll plow headfirst into the snow and boogy away. I was starting to wonder if he's hot in the house and does it to cool off. Or maybe he know's its frozen water and is trying to swim.

chico2
February 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
My pal Bailey(Cocker)is like a little snow-plow,always has her nose in the snow,hoping to find a tidbit.
Phoebe looks just beautiful,love her ears:lovestruck:

dmc123
February 22nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
That is just too cute!! What kind/mix of dog is Phoebe??

Diane

Writing4Fun
February 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
LOL! No clue, really. But we're open to suggestions. :laughing: Some guesses we've received to date (in no particular order):

Border Collie
Husky
German Shepherd
Belgian Shepherd
Golden Retriever
Sheltie
Coyote
Fox
Wolf

Care to throw your guess in to the mix? :D

dmc123
February 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
just thinking she looks a bit like my Rudy, just no coiled tail. We think he is shepherd/spitz miz. Still not sure.

here's some shots of Rudy...Phoebe is much more furry! but similar in the look, well I think so anyway.

Diane

loopoo
February 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
awww hehe i love watching dogs when they do that kind of stuff