Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vacuuming a cat?

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2008, 01:48 PM
I saw this video and had to share.

The cats name is Baby. I wish the Fantastic Four would let me do this to them. It would make hairballs a thing of the past!Vaccuming kitty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCzkm2z4-6g&feature=related)

Although, I do recommend you turning down the volume. The guys voice makes it sound like he's um...doing something he shouldn't in public.

clm
February 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM
I haven't watched the video yet, can't until I get home, but a woman I worked with, her siamese loved to be vaccuumed. That cat would just lie there and meow like crazy until any time she got the old hoover out, just dieing for her grooming session.

Cindy

Love4himies
February 21st, 2008, 02:07 PM
I can't believe it, the only thing Jasper hisses at is the vacuum, he is so terrified of it, Puddles and Sweet Pea run if you get too close to them with it.

If you have allergies, Baby is the cat for you. Wonder if they trained her when she was a kitten.

clm
February 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM
You would never know I had cats if the vaccuum is out. They just seem to disappear. :laughing:

Cindy

06canyon
February 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM
I don't have enough band aids to vacume my cat

chico2
February 21st, 2008, 04:21 PM
:laughing:clm,My cats hide in the highest places when the Big Monster comes out,no way could I vaccum them:laughing:

Ancientgirl,I just got stuck watching some of those videos,just cannot help myself:cat:

sugarcatmom
February 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM
My now deceased cat, Egypt, Aztec's brother, loved to be vacuumed. He would get all wiggly and giggly (in as much as cats can giggle) and roll around on the couch waiting for me to pull out the hose attachment. It actually made vacuuming difficult because he kept getting in they way, like he thought the whole purpose of it was for his pleasure and nothing else. Oh, how I miss that....:cry:

marko
February 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hey I want to play too. :clown:
I've posted this before but Ziglet also loves the vacuum.

onster
February 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM
LOL

marko that pic of ziglet is hillarious. hahaha his skin is being vacumed back.

With my cats I find the one we got as an adult (onnie) is terrified of the vacuum, but hazel whom we had since he was about 3/4 months old doesn't mind if you get reaaaly close to him with it, vaccum by his feet etc. Still havent made the jump to vacuuming his fur yet though :evil: one day :evil:

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2008, 06:26 PM
Chico, that's the curse of Youtube. I could spend hours on there watching videos.

Marko, you are sooooo lucky! Mine all just watch the vacuum, and if I come anywhere near them, they run.

Not long ago, I saw a vacuum cleaner that was made for vacuuming the hair from your pet. It had a really long hose, so you could have the vacuum in another room and the dog/cat wouldn't get freaked out. Now that might be something worth looking into.

happycats
February 21st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Lucky loved the vacuum too! he would lick the suction end :) I have video of it, it's so cute:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
Can you post it?

krdahmer
February 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
I can't wait to have a house with central vac so I can try it... the 3 vacuums I have now are all too big loud and scary!

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I can't wait to have a house with central vac so I can try it... the 3 vacuums I have now are all too big loud and scary!

I found the vacuum cleaner for pets I'd seen on TV.

PetVac (https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/petvacgrooming/?cid=466869)

I'm thinking about getting this. Oksana has hairball issues and I have to always chase her down to give her Laxatone. I've also heard Kiska and Maks trying to get their hairballs out too.

I think this looks like it might be something that could work. It looks like it has a hose long enough to have it in another room and not scare them.

krdahmer
February 22nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
That does look cool... I'm still gonna wait for central vac though... my guys won't even be on the same floor of the house when my vacuum is running... 15 feet won't reach all the way to the basement!! :rolleyes::laughing:

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
I'm going to give this a try. I'm hoping it's not so loud that if I put it say in the kitchen or in the bathroom they won't hear it.

Chris21711
February 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
That does look cool... I'm still gonna wait for central vac though... my guys won't even be on the same floor of the house when my vacuum is running... 15 feet won't reach all the way to the basement!! :rolleyes::laughing:

I have a central vac and as soon as they see me come out with the hose over my shoulder they scamper upstairs, then if I carry it upstairs they look at me horrified trying to figure out how to get away and go back down. It's real funny. :laughing::laughing: I find it funny they don't think like me.

loopoo
February 23rd, 2008, 01:48 AM
hehe pantera loves the vacuum, acts like she loves it lol, that picture of ziglet is a classic btw :)

otter
February 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
My mom gave me a brush for vacuuming pets one Christmas. It was a vacuum attachment that looked like a dog brush. Chloe :rip: wouldn't have anything to do with it but I gave it to a friend with a Kerry Blue Terrier and he LOVED it.

Sounded like a crazy idea to me at first but now seems very practical :thumbs up especially if your pet loves it as much as Ziglet :lovestruck:

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Well since only two of mine have hair, it ios not a big issue but YY does not like the vacuum but it dioes not bother Beau. Still, Siamese have such short hair that it hardly seems worth it, Now if I had a long haired kitty, I would seriously think of ensuring my kitten learned tio love the vacuum at a very young age. "My" fav chocolate lab LOVES the vacuum - he lays there and lets you vacuum him- it is like message therapy or something, lol

BusterKitty
February 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
The brush part looks half like the FURminator and half like a vaccuum and the furminator seems to work really well so maybe this'll work?:shrug:Anybody actually have it? Is there such a thing as a silent (or close to quiet) vaccuum on the market:confused:

Aaaannndd, the other attachments and stuff help to do all your chores:thumbs up squeegee, and drain-unclogger thingy. :D

ancientgirl
February 24th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I noticed that too. Right now I use the Furminator and have to have my hand vac next to me to vacuum up the hair. This does it all at once.

They really should make a quiet vacuum especially for pets. So many people would buy it.

I'm really thinking about getting this.

Kashi
February 24th, 2008, 10:02 AM
That looks amazing. Too bad Butterscotch HATES the vacuum.

shane 123
March 10th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I have central vac and vacuum my dogs all the time. I even bought a special attachment for the hose but find that it doesn't work as good as just the vac. I also stick the end of my rake into the vacuum hose and it works real good.