Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Know a couple of dogs needing a home....

deb12
February 21st, 2008, 08:38 AM
Hello all,

I was at our local humane society last night with my dd and we found two dogs we know well. I use to groom them in the grooming shoppe I use to work for. They are awesome little girls, they are in the older age category, but still fun loving and cuddly. Please if there is anyone out there that can help these two girls, either by adoption or foster care. :cry:

Here is the link: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10295331

Deb

badger
February 21st, 2008, 08:52 AM
Oh adorable. Did they recognize you? It must have been hard to see them there. :fingerscr that they find safe haven soon.

Chris21711
February 21st, 2008, 09:05 AM
How can you give up two little guys like that after so long, they don't take up so much time at their age. Some people are just so heartless.

deb12
February 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM
The wife didn't like them much and from what the humane society said they have been on the waiting list for about a year or so, that is cold hard and nasty, if you want to get rid of the dogs why sit on a waiting list. I just hope they will be okay. Freezie is stressing out badly, I am at this time unable to take them, because we have construction happening to a part of our house and that would make them stress out too.:cry:

They did recognize me and my dd, it was sad to leave them there for the night, as they cried out after we left. They really are amazing dogs, so if anyone could pass on the word to others, we maybe able to send out a strong enough word for someone who is interested can hear.

Deb

t.pettet
February 21st, 2008, 09:30 AM
What a charming thing to do to your little senior dogs, the wife should be put into a humane society.

Chris21711
February 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
I sure hope so. Maybe a Bichon rescue could take them, then they are placed in a foster home, which is at least a home environment where they will be loved. :grouphug:

deb12
February 21st, 2008, 09:42 AM
:lightbulb:Good Idea Chris, I am going to contact a few small dog rescues and see if they have space.

Thank you:highfive:

Deb

Chris21711
February 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Great, I will contact tiny paws rescue and see if they can help :fingerscr

deb12
February 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
I just contacted Happy Tails too! Hopefully someone will have a foster home able to take then in.

Thank you Chris:grouphug:

Deb

Chris21711
February 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
I received a reply from Tiny Paws, they had already contacted the shelter and they do not want to give them up to a rescue as they think they will have no problem adopting them out. This seems to be the rule of shelters, I know our own shelter will only turn to a rescue as a last resort. We tried.:sorry:

Amy P
February 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
This made me so sad I almost cried.:sad::cry: I don't understand what people are thinking when they get animals!!!:wall: They are a commitment just like anything else. :yell::frustrated: These poor girls. I hope they find an amazing loving home soon! :pray::pray::pray::fingerscr:fingerscr

deb12
February 22nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
I Thank you so much Chris for trying, I got the same thing too from Happy Tails. The funny thing is when I went in to walk them the other night, they were trying to get me to take them myself. I am so sad I can't, but if they feel that sure of them getting adopted, then I am sure they can.

Deb

Chris21711
February 22nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I am pretty sure they won't have trouble getting them adopted, generally small fluffy guys don't sit in the shelters for very long. That being said, it would be nicer for them to await adoption in a loving home as opposed to a shelter. I know the guys who work at shelters do their best and rely on volunteers who are a boon to them, but once the place closes down for the night they have no human contact until the next morning. :cry:

deb12
February 22nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
The scary thing is I volunteer there, but as I said am very unable to bring them home right now and it will be a few weeks till I could, due to construction. Again a great big :grouphug: for all of your help and hope for them Chris.

Deb