Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Which food would you buy - and why ?

Kashi
February 20th, 2008, 11:50 AM
For a 21-lb, 9ish month old pug/beagle mix.
Indoor dog, moderate activity (daily walk, playing chase, fetch, etc).
Fed twice per day.

Tommysmom
February 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
My 10.7 pound, 17 month old jack russell gets orijen, and we usually mix something in with it cuz he likes variety, LOL. We've tried lots of foods because he's had serious gastro problems, and orijen has been the best by far. I can't say enough good things about it - he loves the taste and it's been great for his skin, fur, tummy and poops. Plus, it's Canadian - AND cheaper than lots of the other premium foods out there!

geisha
February 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Good question/poll!
My dogs are doing quite nicely on Go! Natural Fruit & Veggie and Go! Salmon.
The Go! Salmon is for a senior samoyed with allerigies.
Go! Natural is for an active 4 year old. Go! Is made in Ontario now according to the Whole Dog Journal.

Kashi
February 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
wELL - THERE weren't any replies before I went out today.

Hit the Global Pet Foods store and came out with Orijen for both Pugsley and Butterscotch.

rainbow
February 20th, 2008, 08:08 PM
That was a very short poll .....you only gave us 8 hours to answer. :D

I voted for Orijen. All my dogs and cats are on it and doing great. Let us know how Pugsley and Butterscotch do on it. :pawprint:

Luba
February 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I voted other cause I home cook
:laughing:

crazydays
February 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
I voted Wellness Core because my 11 month ESS is doing extremely well on it. Higher end grainless food.

Love4himies
February 21st, 2008, 08:09 AM
I voted Orijen because that is what I would feed a dog if I had one. My cats eat it too, Jasper pretty much full time (he drinks lots of water), Sweet Pea and Puddles as treats as they don't drink very much water.

Goldens4Ever
February 21st, 2008, 08:19 PM
For toy, small, & medium breeds, I really like Nature's Variety Raw Instinct line of kibble or EVO RM for small breeds. It's really nutrient dense, is made from a sound company, & has great rare proteins (duck, rabbit, etc.).

Remember, it's not ONLY about ingredients within the food, as it's also about whether the nutrient percentages within the food are what YOUR dog needs. So, it's difficult to throw out the question "which food would you buy & why" because each dog is different.