Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

mini schnauzer cough-help

marionmartin
February 20th, 2008, 02:32 AM
i'm just getting to know my boyfriend's love- a mini schnauzer- beautiful- harley- love the mess outta her- but i've never been so nervious -and i'm an anesthesiology assistant, i just dont know when i should freak out- never been this responsible for a doggie life- her symptoms:
disturbed sleeping, superkrany, coughing, sneezing, anxiety, and green, spherical poopes- but regular. i dunno-i'm worried. my boyfriend, her dad, has never seen this behavior from her (he's had her since birth- 5 yrs), i am not one to freak out over nothing but i'm very worried- please somebody tell me i'm crazy?!

crazydays
February 20th, 2008, 08:03 AM
marionmartin.....you are crazy:eek:

Seriously though coughing, sneezing, green poops-- all these are new for this dog? The dog should see a Vet. ? cold,asthma,kennel cough?? who knows. Green stools aren't normal so take one with you when you go to the Vet. If you are a anesthesiology assistant follow your common sense. Caring for a dog can be stressful because you are their monitor who keeps them safe.
Let us know how it goes.

hazelrunpack
February 20th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Yes, you definitely need to have her seen by a vet, and take a stool sample when you go. Even if it's just a bad case of kennel cough, antibiotics may be necessary. Good luck at the vet :fingerscr and keep us posted, please!