Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Short But Sweet

Lukka'sma
February 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Today we promised Lukka a trip to her ole stomping grounds and we delivered:D
She was so happy although she only walked about 200ft. in total, she can't take too much at a time but it was a real treat for her.
After loading her up in the truck two coyotes ran past us within about 30 ft. of the truck:laughing::laughing:, she was going nuts inside the vehicle wishing to go chase them.
The woods are so full of turkeys and deer, fox, rabbits, so I think the coyotes have struck gold for a hunting ground. They have been spotted several times over the past few weeks in the conservation area we go to. They ran so fast I didn't have time to snap a picture, by the time I got my lens cap off they were out of sight.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/CSC_0378.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/CSC_0377.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/CSC_0376.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0374.jpg

Luba
February 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
You're brave to be out there it's cold today.
We're getting more snow too darn it all. And blowing windy ice pellets hit me in the head today.

Lukka seems to not even notice nor care about the surgery. She 's one tough girl! Give her a big hug from me. I love her presence she has such a quiet strength about her.

~michelle~
February 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM
YEY for lukka shes looking good!!!!

loopoo
February 19th, 2008, 07:52 PM
awww:) she looks really happy.. and good..

Frenchy
February 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Lukka must had been so happy ! Thank dog she wasn't outside , of leash when the coyotes showed up ! :eek: Her wound looks good :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
February 19th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Lukka must had been so happy ! Thank dog she wasn't outside , of leash when the coyotes showed up ! :eek: Her wound looks good :thumbs up

Off leash is one thing that Lukka never has the privilege of. Nowhere, nohow. Doesn't matter how far into the woods we are on the coldest day of winter when we are the only two out there, I just would not risk it with her, she would be gone in a heartbeat if something caught her eye.
She is never loose even out front of our home when we are with her, alway securely in the fenced yard at all time or leashed.

Frenchy
February 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
She is never loose even out front of our home when we are with her, alway securely in the fenced yard at all time or leashed.

Good for you , I read a story once : never trust a dog. This lady had a golden since he was a pup , always listened , always stayed near. When he was about 10 years old , she left him for a few minutes in the yard to answer the phone , after a few minutes , someone knocked on the door , her golden had been hit by a car and died. :sad: I don't know if it's a true story , but I always think about it. I have Nelly for a year now , she never been off leash either.

hazelrunpack
February 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Aw...HaPpY DaWg! I love her smile. :lovestruck:

Is she putting weight on the leg more often now, LM? :fingerscr In one picture it's up; in one it's down; and in the third it's invisible! :D

JanM
February 19th, 2008, 11:00 PM
She's really looking good! From the pictures, it looks like she is using the leg and not minding it - or was she so excited to be out that she forgot ?????

KimandAutumn
February 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM
What beautiful dogs. :thumbs up

Love4himies
February 20th, 2008, 07:15 AM
She looks so happy to get out and it doesn't look like her leg is hurting her too much. How is it doing?

Lukka'sma
February 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
She does put weight on it with each step, but has a very pronounced limp still. I expect the limping will go on for a few weeks yet. But she's doing good:thumbs up

ancientgirl
February 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
She looks quite happy to be out and about.

krdahmer
February 20th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Aw looks like she had fun!

chico2
February 20th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I am sooo happy for Lukka,she looks great,all surgery and stuff over with:thumbs up
I am glad she is leashed at all time,I would just hate to read she took off after a coyote and got lost.
I am sure by the time it gets nice and warm,she'll be back to her normal playful self.
LOVE beautiful Lukka:lovestruck:

rainbow
February 21st, 2008, 03:52 AM
Awwww, she looks so happy to be out there. :cloud9: Glad to hear she's doing well. :thumbs up

hay_lynda
February 21st, 2008, 05:15 PM
those are beautiful pictures. Looks like a nice place to go for a walk. Im going to have to get dressed up warm in about 45min and take out Diego. Wish I could see some turkeys when we go for a walk. The only turkey I see around here is the one that lives down the street hehe:laughing: only joking

onster
February 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
wow! what a big doggy! She's so beautiful though :cloud9: Does she slobber a lot?

TeriM
February 23rd, 2008, 03:07 AM
It's great to see Lukka looking so happy again :cloud9:.