Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Childhood pets

onster
February 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I was scanning lots of pics over the sumer for my bro's wedding (good old kiddies slideshow) and going thru them now, thought it would be fun to get a childhood pets thread going...dunno how many of u would have such old pics tho, pre-digital era. Anyhoooos...some of my best memories:

First comes big mama, the blue budgie we had in the UAE.

Then, we have tweetie and big mama

onster
February 19th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Next comes the pets (well familie's/friend's pets) we had in Alexandria, Egypt.

Here's my brothers and I with caramel

We used to love to walk her along the beach

Loved to do the same with rambo too :thumbs up That's me way in the back. My eldest bro with the thing on his head, and the guy in the short shorts...hehehe thats my bro pictured with hazel in the onnie and hazel thread. I dunno who the girl is, walking cool dogs like that (without a leash mind u! we were so proud) tends to get u a lot of groupies, hehehe

onster
February 19th, 2008, 10:27 AM
A close up of rambo. He was my mom's uncle's dog - he had 4 of them, all of which have passed away now at a ripe old age :sad:. What kind of dogs were they, does anyone know? Sorry Im very bad with breeds.

Btw, we are all so dark in these alex pics because life then consisted of beach eat beach eat, shower eat sleep.

This is my brothers and I with our turtles (you can only see one in my brother's hand), that one was the bigger one we called hercules (hahaha our names were so funny).

And finally, our last pet b4 we moved to canada and got Ty, then Onnie and Hazel was our semi-adopted street cat (their mom gave birth under our car in the villa we used to live in). She was such a good cat, but we never took her to the vet :sad:, it just wasnt the way of the country. It was considered crazy we brought a street cat in anyways...she ended up having to be put down cuz of a very bad cold? There was an organization that asked us to trap her to get spayed. We agreed, then i got the call that they put her down as she was sick. That tore me apart, if we had known she was sick we'd have paid for her vet care to get her better - I hate that they didnt even ask. The last I remember of her is her meowing at me as I walked away from the cage she walked straight into for me :cry::rip:. I'm sorry cheesemuffin (aka roquette).

jiorji
February 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
heheh i love kids and pets "look what *I* have! a TURTLE!!" :laughing:

i only had hamsters and there aren't many pictures cos developing film in eastern europe was expensive :rolleyes:

but.....my pet collection started a few years ago.

so here goes..

ben my first guinea pig
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/scan0052.jpg

and Mr tim
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/scan00045.jpg

tim and ziggy(who my mom gave away without my permission :mad:)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/scan0006.jpg

and Twiggy's parents
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/1.jpg

onster
February 21st, 2008, 08:00 PM
O. M. G. :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Cuteness overload!!!

Ben looked like such a stud! hehehe...his own cute little hair style.

Mr. Tim ..hahah looks the hamster version of Hazel.

awwww twiggy's parents :cloud9:. That's so cool u had her parents...what happened to them?

jiorji
February 21st, 2008, 08:11 PM
awwww twiggy's parents :cloud9:. That's so cool u had her parents...what happened to them?

no they weren't mine. They were a pair of stray cats my parents sort of inherited with the new house they bought. They had a litter a few months before they moved there and Twiggy was the only kitten that stuck around. Originally i wanted to trap her and take her to the spca along with the other cats but when i did...my mom said to put her back because it wasn';t the right time...blah blah blah :rolleyes: It took me 2 weeks to catch her I wasn't going to let her go and try again later....so i gave up trying to catch them. I had called the spcas around but all were full so Twiggy stayed :cloud9:

i think her parents might have passed since they're strays :shrug::sad: my parents didn';t want to continue feeding them

onster
February 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
awwww...:sad::rip: Twiggy's parents.

Did u name her twiggy after the model?? Or cuz she was a twig?? lol. Ive learned never to name kitties after body shape :P

jiorji
February 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM
hahah yeah no kidding....Peanut is nothing like a "peanut" anymore :frustrated:

Twiggy was named after Twiggy Ramirez...from the Marilyn Manson band :o:laughing:

onster
February 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
*blink blink*

haha...onster has no clue what u talkin' about.

Must do a search for Onnie though "so peanut, tell me are u by any chance named after twiggy ramirez"

"WhY YES onnie! It's funny no one ever equates it with her."

"Well, I just love her sound. *almost as much as I love ures*"

"awwwww...Onniee"

"Peanut :lovestruck:"

hahaha. eww.

jiorji
February 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
*blink blink*

haha...onster has no clue what u talkin' about.

Must do a search for Onnie though "so peanut, tell me are u by any chance named after twiggy ramirez"

"WhY YES onnie! It's funny no one ever equates it with her."

Twiggy Ramirez is a guy....

onster
February 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
LOOL

What the heck??? How come twiggy the model is a girl!!!

I dont understand. How come sometimes chris is a boys name and sometimes a girls name??? I so confused.:shrug:

onster
February 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
omg. why did u name twiggy after a boy??? she's so girly girl!

jiorji
February 21st, 2008, 09:41 PM
i think Twiggy was just a nickname

And I think everybody from the marilyn Manson band have girl names...Marilyn, Twiggy , Madonna....umm i don't know who the other ones are

so she's technically not named after a guy :shrug::laughing:

but she IS Twiggy cos she's so teeny :cloud9:

onster
February 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
oh, hehehe

guess Im not one to talk since hazel is a boy with a girl's name :rolleyes:

Off to think of other pick up lines for Peanut :laughing:

krdahmer
February 21st, 2008, 11:56 PM
Cute pics guys!

Here is my one and only beloved childhood pet... Thumper :rip::angel: :lovestruck:

First is me with him when he was about 2 or 3 years old... and me with my buck teeth, shorty long back hairdo, and those really stylish velcro Kangaroos...:rolleyes:

Then two pics from the winter before he passed away at 11 years old! Can you ever get enough Bunny butt?? :cloud9:

loopoo
February 23rd, 2008, 02:33 AM
awesome pics.. i think if i posted my childhood pets the thread would explode from all of them over the years :D i love thumper too, we had a thumper:)