Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New to the site-Anyone have a GSP?

Anna_C
February 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hello,

I have a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer, his name is Nero and he is 4 months old. I was wondering if I can get some tips from other GSP owners about possible activities that I can do with him indoors, he is extremely active but the breed is in general. I would love if you can help me out.

Thanks,
Anna

Luba
February 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Anna welcome to the board. Pointers are absolutely beautiful dogs. I rescued an English Pointer (Honey) who now lives in Montreal. They're very friendly dogs with a lot of energy to burn and big couch potato's who want to snuggle right up to you.

Activities indoors huh :laughing: are you looking to destroy your home. Just kidding, do you have an open area in the basement or something with no fragiles around that you can play with your pup?

They love to pounce in the snow and watch / chase birds and squirrels...do you have a yard to play? Lots of snow we have these days makes it both tricky but also fun and can tire them out. :dog:

allymack
February 18th, 2008, 09:16 PM
hey anna_c, welcome to the board.
nero eh? nice name, haha, same name as my kitty. sorry i have no advice to offer on your gsp, well i do have a bit of adive actually, post pictures:D, everybody here loves pictures:D

Amy P
February 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Have a treadmill? My friends boxer loves running on theirs when they can't get out for a good day of play! :D

Anna_C
February 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
treadmill...really...that's interesting...Thanks for the advice everyone and I'll definetly post some pics once I figureout how...