Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Fur

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 18th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I know Spring is taking it's time getting here... but, the fur is already flying. I need to find a new brush. I tried one of those rubber things...and other than a good massage..I don't think it's pulling out the lose hairs.... with my former cats, I used a wire brush (more commonly associated with dogs) and they loved it...it did a good job... I was thinking of doing the same thing again... anything new out on the market today that I should look for???

BusterKitty
February 18th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Did your old brush(wire) take out the loose hairs of your old cats? Cuz if it did, I think you should stick with it. You're used to it and it works so yeah, I hope that's some advice:shrug:

krdahmer
February 18th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I got the Furminator pet brush as a gift from my sil, and it is amazing. I am shocked at how much fur comes out... bags full just like the commercial. It's expensive but for all the money I spent trying other brushes, well worth it. It has two sizes too, one for cats/sm. dogs and one for larger dogs. Best price I've seen so far was Petsmart.

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 18th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I've heard about the Furminator... but, I also heard that if you're not careful, you could end up pulling out all the fur...leaving a bald patch...? Someone at the office said he kept going over and over the same spot leaving a bald spot...I don't want to remove the fur that's still attached...just the loose stuff. I'll look into it further...thank goodness I invested in a good vacuum.

ancientgirl
February 18th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I have a Furminator too. It works very well. Maybe your friend at work just didn't use it correctly.

I mean, you can't just stick to one spot. That's irritating. I brush and move, I don't go over the same spot more than once or twice. I use that one probably once a week, then brush them with a regular brush the rest of the time.