Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh Boy!

dustybird
February 18th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Ok so my husband and I have been given the task to hire someone for where we work. So we posted on a few different job sites and today recieved a resume from India.

Now I know other countries do resumes differently like telling you who their parents are and what they do for a living and include a picture of themselves. Well the one today also sent several different copies of his passport.

I sent him a reply cautioning him not to do that, as there are many untrustworthy people and they could use that for unlawful purposes etc....I don't know if someone could actualy use it to steal your identity but I am sure the baddies out there could use it for something and then he would get hurt somehow. It happens all too often and from the stuff you see on the news they don't seem to need a whole lot of info.

I was just really surprised that he included it and then it got me thinking how many other's do it.

Anyhoo I was just surprised that I had to share with someone, and wondered how common it was. It was ok for me to caution him not to do that(I didn't say Canada was bad or anything just that identity theft happens too often in North America(just happening to one person is too often). I 'd hate to know that someone got scammed or something and that I could have warned that person so it didnt' happen.

Ford Girl
February 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM
I've hired people before, and the stuff that comes in is hilarious and sad at the same time...you just never know what to think when you get resumes with strange info...

A passport eh...ya, thats bad news.