Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Springer x Lab

clarem30
February 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Clare and I'm new on here. Have recently got a 10 month old Springer x Lab, she is adorable and already I cant imagine not having her! I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this cross breed? Thanks.

meg4050
February 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Welcome Clare! I've never had experience with the cross-breed but I have a Springer now and have Labs in the past! BOTH are great breeds :)

clarem30
February 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks, she is definately a good mix of the 2 breeds!

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I've also had both Labbies and Springers and my prediction for a cross would be: high energy! :laughing: How close do I come?

But I'll bet your baby is just a honey! Both labs and springers can be so sweet :lovestruck:--and so mischievous :evil:! :D And they just love, love, love ya forever. :cloud9: You're very lucky!

ETA: :o I almost forgot! Where are my manners? :o Welcome to the board, Clare! :D

Longblades
February 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I agree, HIGH ENERGY. I've had a springer, field type which is even higher energy than the bench, and two bench Labs. Friends have a springer x Lab and not only is the energy level high, so is the intelligence quotient. Hope you are up for lots of exercise, a walk around the block doesn't cut it, and firm consistent training. Both breeds have some significant health problems so you should read up on them, especially if you don't know the breeder of the parents. Labs in particular are very, very popular and it is easy to get a poorly bred one where the health and temperament checks have not been taken into consideration in the breeding.

crazydays
February 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 11 month old springer. She is a absolute lovey joy beyond words. Active yes and very willing to go out and make fun by herself in the backyard! She gets a hour at the dog park per day and everyday, comments are made about how happy she is, how sweet she is and how she just laps the dogs and never stops running!! I was walking her on leash and this breed really follows their nose. Rio was pushing her nose into 2 foot snow banks all the way!!!!! I never see her come back into the house without her nose/face covered in snow!

You must be very happy with your pup. I would love to see photos for sure.

clarem30
February 18th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Thanks for all these lovely replies. :thankyou: I think you all know what you are all talking about, because she is definately a high energy dog!! We enjoy seeing her really having fun on a good run!

allymack
February 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
hey, welcome to the board.
sounds like your pup is super high energy, she would get along great with enzo. were definately looking forward to pictures!