Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hibernation over - we're back!

otter
February 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hi folks,
Been a while since we've been posting, winter has had us in her grips and no one has been up for much fun :sad: Well winter isn't letting up but the gang decided that it was time to catch up with their friends here at pets.ca so we're crawling out of our nice cozy snoozing spots to come and say "Hi". :dog::cat::cat::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

http://lh3.google.com/murraymel/R7hoZHLm0FI/AAAAAAAABRE/ssBGFiEJNGY/s800/IMG_1304.JPG
"Wake up Molly!"

http://lh4.google.com/murraymel/R7hoaXLm0GI/AAAAAAAABRM/7dxEgfmykH0/s800/IMG_1308.JPG
"Good Morning Clover!"

http://lh3.google.com/murraymel/R7hobHLm0HI/AAAAAAAABRU/NUA5YoF2Xv4/s800/IMG_1316.JPG
"Rise and shine Misery!"

We've all missed you a ton!

Rottielover
February 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
awwwwwww, we so missed you guys and all the play by plays with your fuzzbutts :)

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Well, hello! :grouphug: So happy to see you again! :highfive: We were beginning to worry! :eek:

I see Molly still has her Cuz! That's very important! :D

And Clover and Misery are looking very lovely after their long rest! :lovestruck:

The Pack sends their regards and wonders if Molly will share her Toy since the Hazel Run Mama has retired theirs until the snow is gone... :dog:

Winston
February 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Ahh! theres Molly!! was wondering where the gang was? Hope hibernation was good!

otter
February 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome back, the gang sends snuffles to you all.

Hazel - unfortunately this cuz is home bound as well... Cuz is not allowed outside cause we've lost two of his friends to a little fox that has been doing some serious "toynapping" around our house. Maybe the pack can spare sheriff Cole for a while so he can round up our rascally varmit! (if you remember we recovered one cuz but now he's been napped again :eek:)

We are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready for some spring :yell::yell::yell::yell::yell: Cabin fever doesn't even begin to cover it. Bring on the sun, please! Our tiny house is getting smaller with each new snowflake and no one is enjoying all this -30 weather we've been having - we want to PLAY :frustrated:

otter
February 17th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Pleeeeeeeease can we play??
http://lh3.google.com/murraymel/R7hocHLm0II/AAAAAAAABRc/HxpecI1DJ4A/s800/IMG_1318.JPG

14+kitties
February 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome back otter. Wondered where you went.
Your babies are as wonderful as always. Makes you warm inside to see them all so comfy. :cloud9: See - warm inside even if not out. That's good. :)

SARAH
February 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Oooh, Misery! Such a beeeeautiful kitty! Oh, you too Clover, don't get me wrong! But I have a thing for black and white furry cats you see.

And Molly, same face as Sheba, only slimmer! How old-ish is she?

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome back, the gang sends snuffles to you all.

Hazel - unfortunately this cuz is home bound as well... Cuz is not allowed outside cause we've lost two of his friends to a little fox that has been doing some serious "toynapping" around our house. Maybe the pack can spare sheriff Cole for a while so he can round up our rascally varmit! (if you remember we recovered one cuz but now he's been napped again :eek:)

The Sheriff would love to come round up the Rascally Varmint! He's in there now, counting up the doggy biscuits in his piggy bank to see if he has enough for a ticket to fly up there... :D He says it sounds like that Fox has a lesson or two to learn about the sanctity of a dog's Cuz! :dog:

Poor Molly looks so sad in that last pic :cry: Cole would never abandon a lady in distress, either! So he's really hoping he has enough biscuits for that ticket! He's got all his :pawprint:s crossed...he he...but hazel is pretty sure he has another 7 or 10 years to save till he has enough biscuits, the silly dawg! :rolleyes:

otter
February 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Cole, you tell Hazel to get you one of those air miles cards - one that works at the pet store, then you can collect air miles when the biscuits get purchased and also trade them in for miles when you've collected enough! Doubling dipping :thumbs up:thumbs up We'll get you here in no time. Molly is going to start saving to :thumbs up (but she's not so great at saving... she wants everything NOW!

Ah, if setters weren't so opposed to getting their paws wet... i'd probably be cheaper to hop on a boat :eek: to get here. Don't worry, if I ever get myself to Hazel Run, Cole will definitely have a seat in the car for the ride home! That fox could really benefit from the packs wisdom :laughing:
(I now see one of Molly's toys has migrated up the hill behind our neighbors house - where the snow is like 4 feet deep, that darn critter can run on top of the snow and I think leaves the toys in sight, but totally out of reach, just to taunt us :frustrated:)

Sarah, Molly is 9, no idea of her birthdate but she was nine when I got her on May 23rd so i'm sticking with her being 9 until this May! :D

Misery is quite the looker... and I think she knows it :p

14+kitties... the warm inside, not out, is part of our trouble, i'm all for staying snuggled up in bed, only some of the others here want to be fed and go outside :yuck:

Frenchy
February 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
He's in there now, counting up the doggy biscuits in his piggy bank
:laugh:

Sarah, Molly is 9, no idea of her birthdate but she was nine when I got her on May 23rd so i'm sticking with her being 9 until this May! :D

That could be her gotcha / b-day :thumbs up she looks so good , just want to cuddle next to her :cloud9: the kitties look great too !

Glad to see you , we were started to worry about you guys :D

otter
February 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
No need to worry about the kids, they are doing great (touch wood :fingerscr) If it were up to them i'd have been here posting about them everyday... they are just attention hogs. Unfortunately i've succumbed to serious winter blaaaaahs and have just wanted to cower in bed lately.

but really... i've missed you guys ALOT!:cry2:

Frenchy
February 17th, 2008, 03:41 PM
That last picture of Molly holding her Cuz oh so tightly :laughing: is she still toy possessive ? She must be so mad at that fox !

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Cole, you tell Hazel to get you one of those air miles cards - one that works at the pet store, then you can collect air miles when the biscuits get purchased and also trade them in for miles when you've collected enough! Doubling dipping. We'll get you here in no time. Molly is going to start saving to :thumbs up (but she's not so great at saving... she wants everything NOW!

:dog:: Rowfff! Wrufff, rowf-row-rowf-wruff-wuff, rorrf! translation: Great idea! :thumbs up Mom! You gotta come read this!

Ah, if setters weren't so opposed to getting their paws wet... i'd probably be cheaper to hop on a boat :eek: to get here. Don't worry, if I ever get myself to Hazel Run, Cole will definitely have a seat in the car for the ride home!

:dog:: :eek: (No translation needed.) :dog:: Erruffff! Rowff-roororrrowf! :cloud9: translation: NO BOATS! Car sounds nice!

That fox could really benefit from the packs wisdom :laughing:(I now see one of Molly's toys has migrated up the hill behind our neighbors house - where the snow is like 4 feet deep, that darn critter can run on top of the snow and I think leaves the toys in sight, but totally out of reach, just to taunt us :frustrated:)

:dog:: Ggggrrrrrrrr! (No translation needed.)

14+kitties... the warm inside, not out, is part of our trouble, i'm all for staying snuggled up in bed, only some of the others here want to be fed and go outside

hazel feels your pain :grouphug: Hibernation is lookin' pretty good right now...

chico2
February 17th, 2008, 04:16 PM
WELCOME BACK Otter,Molly,Misery and Clover and Molly looks wonderful as do the 2 beautiful kitties:lovestruck:
You know,now you owe us tons of pics of course;)
We are sick of winter too,come on spring!!!

otter
February 17th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Chico... we're working on pictures (but cameras don't like the cold either and my house interior is NOT very photogenic :laughing:)

Cole: Molly says :dog: grrrrrrrrrrrrrowlf - which i'm pretty sure is her way of saying :flirt::flirt::flirt: (in fact she's had to go out to cool off in the snow now :pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:)

Oh yes Frenchy, Molly is still toy possessive... and i'm taking a stronger "leadership" role with her, trying to convince her that ALL the toys are actually MINE! :evil: (she's not easily persuaded!)

Frenchy
February 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Oh yes Frenchy, Molly is still toy possessive... and i'm taking a stronger "leadership" role with her, trying to convince her that ALL the toys are actually MINE! :evil: (she's not easily persuaded!)

I think it's because she never had any before :sad: when the man that took her out of the shelter brought her to his house , first thing she did was to take the man's dog's ball. When I met them in a shopping mall parking lot , they were outside waiting for me , I laughed when I saw Molly ... waiting with a ball in her mouth :laughing: never did she let that ball go , that's when we stopped at the store to get a Cuz , thank dog because Nelly destroy Molly's previous ball as soon as she arrived here. :sad:

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Molly doesn't look like she wants to wake up on that first picture. LOL, looks a bit like me in the morning.

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Cole: Molly says :dog: grrrrrrrrrrrrrowlf - which i'm pretty sure is her way of saying :flirt::flirt::flirt: (in fact she's had to go out to cool off in the snow now :pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:)

Cole would answer, but now it's his turn to run out to cool off in the snow! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 18th, 2008, 12:56 AM
YAY Otter's back :)

Nice to see you & Molly & Clover & Misery again need more pics though :p

Silly fox leaving the Toys visable but outta reach...perhaps it needs a Friend & thinks Molly will wait @ the hill for it to come back to give her the Toy, then they can Play :D

otter
February 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM
My neighbors and I are just dying to catch our little foxy friend "in the act". I always imagine he/she is stealing the toys to bring back to her kits in a den nearby. Not that I really want to have a whole family of foxes around, the chickens are gonna be horrified, but, at least it makes me smile to picture them playing around with our toys.

Molly doesn't look like she wants to wake up on that first picture. LOL, looks a bit like me in the morning.
Me too! Actually Molly is even LESS a morning person than I am, and I firmly believe mornings are for sleeping and the day should begin at noon! Guess it's kinda good my critters don't like to be up early (though it makes it hard to get to work on time :frustrated:)

loopoo
February 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
beautiful little family.. i love the expressions on mollys face..:) and the way the two kitties eyes happened to come out in the pictures...:D

TeriM
February 23rd, 2008, 02:22 AM
Great to see your fabulous fur family again :cloud9:, more pics please :D.

otter
February 23rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Hi, Molly here, Mom is really sick right now so she's taking a break, hope you don't mind me filling in for her :D

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my paws to work on the keyboard so it's really good mom has one of those mouse things, they work really good! Mom doesn't have many pictures on this little computer but i'll see what I can find :thumbs up

Oooo, here's one of ME!
http://lh3.google.com/murraymel/R7T5pHLmzxI/AAAAAAAABNE/sPgK90RIZP0/s800/IMG_1151.JPG

I think it's from a walk we went on before it was reallllllly wintery (and when Mom was feeling better) but I hope you guys haven't seen it before.

There are a couple more of me doing what I do best... playing in the water:D Eeeek It must have been cold, gee sometimes I can be silly :crazy:
http://lh6.google.com/murraymel/R7pXSXLm0NI/AAAAAAAABSo/SgDuhIePJYU/s800/IMG_1167.JPG

Surveying my domain
http://lh5.google.com/murraymel/R7T5qnLmzyI/AAAAAAAABNM/e60LRhw1rvg/s800/IMG_1159.JPG

OK, gotta go check on Mom, she might need a warm paw on her head or something but I promise to be back later. :goodvibes: Eeek I hear her complaining about a cat that just sat on her, those evil cats, don't they know she's sick?? :evil: I got some cat chasing to do too!

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
You go and keep things in order at your house dear Molly :lovestruck: and I trust you will take good care of your mom today. Tell her to take a nap with you and snuggle with her , I'm sure that will make her feel better.

Come back soon Molly :)

growler~GateKeeper
February 23rd, 2008, 11:56 PM
Molly you're so sweet :cloud9: to look after mum while she's sick.

Very cute pics esp the 3rd one w/your ball :cloud9:

TeriM
February 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Awwwww Molly :cloud9:.

happycats
February 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Welcome back Otter!! So good to see you and the furry ones again:)

rainbow
February 26th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread. :o The fuzzbutts are all looking good. :thumbs up :lovestruck: Sorry to hear you're sick :grouphug: ....hope you feel better soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: