Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HRH Missie the Poo giving me grey hairs

Shaykeija
February 16th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Well HRH Missie the poo is off to see the vet on Tuesday. She has been doing some strange stuff for the past few days. Like

-being extremely fussy at meal times. Yes have tried everything to entice the little bugger and Nada.

-doing the head down, butt up stretch. Thought this was her colitis coming back but nope

- shivering and wanting to be on me all the time.

No vomiting, no soupy poopy, not exposed to anything new or harmful and no fever .

This lasts for most of the day and she seems to come around at night. Her tummy is not bloated and she is drinking water. Gums are nice and pink and she has a healthy coat and bright eyes. Hubby says she has good poops so :shrug: WTH now? any ideas?:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Shaykeija
February 16th, 2008, 10:37 PM
hmmmmm No one has any idea's.

growler~GateKeeper
February 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
How is her energy level? same as usual?

Her tummy doesn't hurt when you gently press on it?

Will she eat people food & not her own? perhaps she's bored with the brand/flavour?

Shaykeija
February 16th, 2008, 11:07 PM
How is her energy level? same as usual?

Her tummy doesn't hurt when you gently press on it?

Will she eat people food & not her own? perhaps she's bored with the brand/flavour?

no pain when i palpate her tummy, hips , feet anywhere.

Energy level is the same..if Tyra or Piper has it, it is mine, now lol

She has turned her royal nose up at prime rib, chicken, turkey, omelet. She ate a little pasta tonight mixed with chicken.

She is driving her mommy nuts lol

growler~GateKeeper
February 16th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I'm guessing she's has not done this before?

How old is she?

Is she excited for dinner while you are preparing it?

Shaykeija
February 16th, 2008, 11:39 PM
[I'm guessing she's has not done this before?

no

How old is she?

Turning 6

Is she excited for dinner while you are preparing it?

nope

She was playing with her monkey tonight and played the lets get the socks off game also.

I am thinking pehaps she may be havimg some problems with her back or hips. She seems to think about how she is going to jump on the bed sometimes.

growler~GateKeeper
February 16th, 2008, 11:59 PM
No parasites/worms I hope?

Since she's not interested in much people food I think it's probably not just pickiness

I'm thinking liver issues, hip/back issues, (you're sure it's not) colitis?

Shaykeija
February 17th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I am sure it is not the colitis...when she has that her temp spikes at 104 and she has bloody soupy poops and sometimes vomits.

growler~GateKeeper
February 17th, 2008, 12:25 AM
hmmmm :shrug: maybe pick up a small sample size bag of a different dog food see if that tempts her

I'm glad you've got an appt booked already & :fingerscr for a conclusive diagnosis :goodvibes:

rainbow
February 17th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Have you tried some canned tripe?

Shaykeija
February 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Well HRH was fine today. She ate half her breakfast and devoured her dinner. A friend of mine thinks that with me being home so much for the past 2 weeks that I confused her. (I have pneumonia) Or upset her routine. :shrug: But she is still going in on Tuesday to see her buddy the vet.

Shaykeija
February 19th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Well HRH went to see her buddy the vet today. He spent over an hour on her giving her the complete check up. He could not find anything so he took some blood samples. I should have some new tomorrow with the results. The little fart was her normal charming self at the vets. Refused steak and eggs for breakfast and chewed down on her own food tonight. Tried to get a poop sample, I think when she hears vet the poop factory shuts down. Tried last night, this morning and a walk at the vets and nothing. Got her home, and I tell you, she delivered a pile close to the size of a doberman. LOL Vet even laughed when hubby scooped it up and brought it back across town for testing.

growler~GateKeeper
February 19th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Isn't that always the way :rolleyes: just fine when time to see the vet :rolleyes:

:goodvibes: for clean bill of health :fingerscr

Shaykeija
February 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM
well HRH's test results came in. Her blood panels were great. The vet says Missie may have twisted her back a little. Since she cannot have medicam for pain ( she is allergic to it, caused her to bleed internally) she is now on prednisone for a few days.

So, I cut the legs off the bed and dropped it drastically down close to the floor, the couch has been lowered also so HRH will find it easier to climb up. Depending on how sore she is the next is a doggie ramp to get outside easier.

Poor little fart.

growler~GateKeeper
February 20th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Great that her blood work came back all good.

Ah yes twisting the back would explain it esp for the small slightly longish in the back Shih Tzu :shrug:

You can buy or make little carpeted steps for her to easily access the bed/couch.

Shaykeija
February 20th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks Growler. But HRH Missie the poo is a terri -poo. Trya is the Shih Tzu lol

You can see her here

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28747&highlight=meet+crew

The Shih Tzu was Sophie, she passed away almost 2 years ago.

growler~GateKeeper
February 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
My apologies to HRH Missie the poo (now I get that part :rolleyes: I thought it was a joke name) :laughing:

:o I thought Missie & Tyra were both Shih Tzus :o

rainbow
February 21st, 2008, 03:50 AM
Glad Missie's bloodwork was okay. Have you seen these things...

http://www.doggysteps.com/