Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sorry!!

onster
February 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM
For disappearing!!

Hazel (bundu') ate the router-- again!! So I was off the internet for a while...then bro and sis in law visited from Egypt- crazy busy, then uni (last yr biomed = death), then the dad came to visit too.

Hazel also got out :yell: and was missing for 2 days.

Yep, it's been hectic....but I'm back and it's reading week! I missed the boards a lot.

pbpatti
February 16th, 2008, 10:17 PM
welcome back onster, sounds like you had a very busy time. now you get to try and catch up here. good luck.:D pbp

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Sounds like you need a sedative and a good nap! :eek: :crazy:

:fingerscr that things settle down for you :thumbs up :D

ETA: And welcome back! :o

onster
February 16th, 2008, 10:34 PM
hehe thanks guys!

Wellll I had been lurking during my busy times so I'm not uncaught up...I just never logged in or commented cuz I didnt want to say one word and run, u know?

It was really fun when my bro came cuz I got to shop and shop for my nephew kitty Uro :cloud9:. He got sooo many new toys and I just heard today that he looooooves catnip - first time ever he was exposed to it.

I really am exhausted though, I think I took too many courses this semester. The cat's have been rough-housing too. Just knocked down this stand thing my mom has with 6 potted plants = wet soil alllllll over the floor. ---onster runs off to clean-- *sigh* If I didnt love them so much.

rainbow
February 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hey Onster....glad to see you back. :highfive:

So Hazel is still as mischieveous as ever :evil: .....you must have been absolutely frantic when he disappeared for 2 days. :eek:

Since you have been away so long, I think it's time for some more pics of your fuzzbutts too. :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 17th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Welcome back Onster :thumbs up

Quite the busy time you've had :eek:

Hazel silly :cat: good that he's back where he belongs

And Rainbow's right - it's pic time :goodvibes:

krdahmer
February 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/waving/3.gif

Welcome back!

14+kitties
February 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Welcome back Onster. You will have to regal us with the story of Hazel's disappearance. The little scamp!!

onster
February 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks all :D

In terms of pics, wellllllll hazel ate my camera charger (really). It's actually getting realllllly annoying, I kinda have to cover up for him now when he eats wires cuz my mom is getting wary of it. Everyone loves him, but it's very "I thought u were training him???" etc. My sil calls him the chomper. Mostly it's a matter of putting away wires so he doesn't get to them, but his problem is he chews on them for comfort at night, get's this spaced out look and gnaws away so when we accidently leave things out to charge (aka my cell and cam charger) u might wake up to find them in 5 pieces :sad::rip: I guess it's my own fault for leaving them out but I just wish there was something I could do so he could stop - he chews other things but it's the wires that get ruined. He likes vapour rub and bitter apple spray tooo :shrug:. Maybe I have to start crate training him at night? lol.

As for his escape story...hazel likes to run into the garage. Onster's brother was visitng from Egypt and didn't realize that hazel does that so he snuck in when the bro and sil came in one night at 2am or so. Now, 8:30 I had class and I thought it was kind of weird that hazel didn't bug me when I was getting ready in the morning (i.e. mommmy cuddle with me!! look its my bellllly, pet it!!) but I figuired he was just enthralled with the new people in the house and so was hanging out with them...

anyyyywaaaays so Onster opens the garage goes to class, gets a call from mom at 1:30 "where's hazel??" Now, Ive gotten these calls b4 and it always turns out he's under a bed or something. U see, september last yr our cat Ty whom we had for 6 yrs went out - indoor-outdoor- and never came back. We never found him despite many posters, searches, humane society visits etc...december I got Onnie and then April I got hazel, both of which are indoor only. So you can imagine when we cant find any of them for a second it's major freakout. By the time I got home at 3 my mom was near meltdown. We put two and two together when my sil said she thought she may have seen something go past her the night b4, but she thought it was just shadows. That and the major cuddler hadn't cuddled with anyone that night.

This is getting too long, lol...but search around the neighborhood, using many of the tips Ive read here time and time again. Found him huddled in the neighbours yard, underneath their deck 2 days later. I would have found him sooner had they cooperated :mad:.

Strangest neighbours ever. I used to think they had a problem with muslims cuz they never said hi or anythiiing but my dad said when he bought the house the previous owners told him that they were weird neighbours, very to themselves. I was once talking to their dog through the fence (I was gardening and she came up to the fence sniffing...so it was heyy pretty dog,,, ure so pretty) and the mom came out of the house and yellled at the dog to come back in and next thing I knew they put up a chicken wire fence inside the wooden fence so the dogs couldn't even come near our fence :shrug: I didn't even poke my hands thru the fence or anything????

So yes, strange neighbours...I keeep getting off track....so when i had asked them to please look in their yard for my cat, or if I could look, the dad told me "ok" and shutt the door in my face. Nobody went out into the yard or looked or anything???. It was only when I heard their two dogs making a big fuss in their yard, circling the deck that I basically stormed there with my brother (big guy, built - used to work as a bouncer) and told them that I was pretty sure my cat could be in their yard and they HAD to let me check it out. The woman yelled at me that I shouldn't let me cat out ????! Mumbled something about their property. She then told me I had 5 mins and didn't even call her dogs back in???! It was not fun searching while those 2 dogs were going crazy but at that point I didn't care if I got bitten. Poor hazel was so scared, shaking under their deck.

Did I mention I HATE my neighbours?

The End.

lol...sorry that took forever. But hazel is back with me :goodvibes::grouphug:

jiorji
February 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
ummm didn't i reply to this?!?!?!

this is why i shouldn't post that early in the morning before coffee. I probably forgot to hit sunbmit.:loser::laughing:

In my original post I said your brother's brave for visiting in WINTER :laughing:. If i lived in Egypt I'd visit in August :D

And i asked if he brought you any camels...cos I think they're CUTE :D and it's between you and Byrd...you're my closest connection to actually petting a camel. ...or the zoo...:cool:

sorry about your neighbours Onster. I really really hope it's not a cultural thing :mad: people like that just piss me off and i'd tell them what i tell my parents " if you have other cultures in Canada, go live in the boonies where there's no neighbours". Tsk! :clown::mad:

Hazel(the cat LOL) glad you're back! Why'd you leave? Did you find out the other people in the neighbourhood have bath scrunchies too and wanted to go on a stealing rampage?:laughing::laughing:

onster
February 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM
hehehe jiorji, I was just gonna ask if u were still around cuz I just saw ure pm from jan and replied to yest...then I saw u had posted today and thought maybe u just didnt love me no more :cry: Be honest - did peanut find someone else? Vlad maybe??

Ya...I dunno about my brother!!! Especiallly with the freezing cold weather. I would grumble every day " I'm Arab, I should be in the desert! I'm not made for this :frustrated:" and yet he decided to come here for winter??? I think it was more for the sil though cuz it was her first time away from home and december seemed a logical time to come back for a visit- if she waited till august it would be over a yr since she saw her fam.

No, he didn't get me any camels :sad: They showed me lotsa pics of camels if that counts? lol. Oh and their resident owl in their garden, apparently a short eared owl thats endangered or something in North America?

Theyre pretty lucky eh? The mountains as their backdrop, the red sea in their front yard, an Egyptian kitty for a housmate and camels and owls too!

As for my neighbours, my family, being arab who are totally in love with conspiracy theories have come up with many reasons for their strangeness. lol, actually my mom has. Basically these are ex-spies whom the government relocated and hence they keep to themselves so their identity isn't revealed. That or they are currently spies :laughing:

I think Hazel thought he'd leave cuz mommy was sending off all these toys in suitcases (with bro) and he wasn't even allowed to play with them! he was thinking mommy didn't love him anymore :sad: hahaha he prolly was trying to find my bro "take me with uu!!!! please" cuz my bro thinks cats should be let outside :rolleyes:...he became good friends with hazel, started a nightly game where he'd take off his wedding band and spin it around for hazel to chase. I told him if it ended up in chewy mc'chewies stomache he could fish through the poop :D

jiorji
February 17th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Be honest - did peanut find someone else? Vlad maybe??
hmm I don't know :shrug: I think she'll take the male who can get her the piggest hunt...but she'd prefer it cooked and seasoned :laughing::laughing:

As for my neighbours, my family, being arab who are totally in love with conspiracy theories have come up with many reasons for their strangeness. lol, actually my mom has. Basically these are ex-spies whom the government relocated and hence they keep to themselves so their identity isn't revealed. That or they are currently spies :laughing:

HAHHAHAHAHA....oh too funny

he became good friends with hazel, started a nightly game where he'd take off his wedding band and spin it around for hazel to chase. I told him if it ended up in chewy mc'chewies stomache he could fish through the poop :D

ooohhh that'll be a treat! "oh please sis invite us over more often:rolleyes:":laughing:

jiorji
February 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM
by the way that looks like a really small owl. Aren't those flowers really small?? hmm i dunno...looks pretty all around though

meg4050
February 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM
For disappearing!!

... then uni (last yr biomed = death), then the dad came to visit too.

Yep, it's been hectic....but I'm back and it's reading week! I missed the boards a lot.

bahaha don't I know how that feels! You have such determination, I can't stay off the boards even when my thesis is due the next day :laughing: How do you do it??

onster
February 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM
the piggest hunt??? na2a, onnie is in a muslim household, we don't do the pig thing :p lol, haha in terms of the biggest hunt. I dunno I mean jiorjii, peanut needs to think about it from another perspective. I think u need to have a heart to heart with her. You need to explain that sure, Onnie may not get her the biggest catch, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her. In fact, it means he loves her more because he wants her to be all healthy so the two of them are together furrever and ever :lovestruck:. He looks out for his honey in the long run :thumbs up. He can even coach her through weight-loss, lost 3 pounds u know?? :thumbs up

Ya I think the owl is teeny cuz those flowers are teeny. I knew there was an eagle that lived in the huts by the beach a few years ago, the owl was new tho...thought it was cool.

onster
February 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM
bahaha don't I know how that feels! You have such determination, I can't stay off the boards even when my thesis is due the next day :laughing: How do you do it??

hahahah ummm meg, I live with my mommy still :laughing:. It's more like " ONSTER :mad:. STUDY. NOW" or "Onster dont u have class at 8:30, ahem."

or her favourite "Get off the computer, I want to read my online gossip magazines. U know britney spear's sister is pregnat??? U have to study anyway, right?" Lol, mind u this is alll in arabic, hahaha. " beritneee sbearz"

meg4050
February 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
hahahah ummm meg, I live with my mommy still :laughing:. It's more like " ONSTER :mad:. STUDY. NOW" or "Onster dont u have class at 8:30, ahem."

or her favourite "Get off the computer, I want to read my online gossip magazines. U know britney spear's sister is pregnat??? U have to study anyway, right?" Lol, mind u this is alll in arabic, hahaha. " beritneee sbearz"

hahaha that would do it I guess - this is m first day home for break and my Mom already asked me if I should be doing homework instead of watching Big Brother :laughing:! I take advantage of my freedom - Peaches is the only one bossing me around!

Is it bad that not only am I on here, but gossip mag sites too?? :o geesh I'm a bad student..but the end is sooo close!!

jiorji
February 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM
the piggest hunt??? na2a, onnie is in a muslim household, we don't do the pig thing :p lol,

In fact, it means he loves her more because he wants her to be all healthy so the two of them are together furrever and ever :lovestruck:.

i meant ....something like a pigeon :laughing:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww Onnie's so ROMANTIC!!!:flirt::lovestruck:

jiorji
February 17th, 2008, 10:49 PM
:offtopic:
hehehe i love immigrant families. Sorry i mean no offense...i'm one of them too. But when I have arguments with my mom, or when my parents say something silly/stupid i have to translate to my friend and i have to find the appropriate words...or else it won't sound right and my venting won't work :laughing:

my parents like to translate movie names in Romanian. :laughing:

onster
February 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
i meant ....something like a pigeon

hahahahahahaha pigeon huh? U know I was lookin at my keyboard and thought the P was pretty far away from the B :laughing:.

Oh pigeon Onnie can do. mmmmmm stuffed pigeon (it's an egyptian thing), if pigeon is what she wants trust me this egyptian kitty can deliver :laughing:. It's actually not that fatty too...so very little meat, so much effort anyways :p

Is it bad that not only am I on here, but gossip mag sites too?? geesh I'm a bad student..but the end is sooo close!!

hahahaha I don't think anyone is worse than me. I check the gossip mags for both the west and the middle east, chat on msn with friends from Autralia to Cairo and Michigan - not to mention the phone calls with my friends here AND I lurk around pets.ca...oh and facebook, glorious facebook. hahaha come to think of it, its a miracle I'm not failing :laughing:

onster
February 17th, 2008, 10:59 PM
:offtopic:
hehehe i love immigrant families. Sorry i mean no offense...i'm one of them too. But when I have arguments with my mom, or when my parents say something silly/stupid i have to translate to my friend and i have to find the appropriate words...or else it won't sound right and my venting won't work :laughing:

my parents like to translate movie names in Romanian. :laughing:

hahahahaha none taken. I love it too. My mom is too cute, she's started to talk 'angaleezi' like me [arabi (arabic in arabic, hhahaha does that make any sense??) and englizee (english in arabic)]. "Get me the pottaaat (pots...aaat = how to pluralise in arabic)". I was imshi -ing (imshe = walk) and itkalim(talk)ing. :laughing:.

And arguements with the family.....my friends get the usual translation "umm, ya tiffanie, my mom just called me a donkey"

meg4050
February 17th, 2008, 11:02 PM
hahahaha I don't think anyone is worse than me. I check the gossip mags for both the west and the middle east, chat on msn with friends from Autralia to Cairo and Michigan - not to mention the phone calls with my friends here AND I lurk around pets.ca...oh and facebook, glorious facebook. hahaha come to think of it, its a miracle I'm not failing :laughing:

Ohhh dear old Facebook haha...glad I'm not alone!!

growler~GateKeeper
February 18th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Hahaha you gals are too funny :laughing:

I've missed your :cat: adventure tales Onster you've got a great way with words :thumbs up

chico2
February 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I agree,very entertainig read,glad you are back Onster:thumbs up
As for neighbors,yours sound dangerous,when Chico was gone for a couple of hours at one time,I just went in to everyones back yard,without knocking on doors:yell:I guess I could have been shot,but the only thing on my mind was Chico.
He did return on his own:thumbs up

onster
February 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks chico and growler :goodvibes:

It's funny, I'm only 21 (only haha..I feel like I should bring out the walking stick out soon) but my friends always tell me I'll be the go to gramma for story time with their kids :o

meg4050
February 18th, 2008, 02:38 PM
It's funny, I'm only 21 (only haha..I feel like I should bring out the walking stick out soon) but my friends always tell me I'll be the go to gramma for story time with their kids :o

Me too! Do your knees crack yet when you bend to play with the kitties? :laughing: Peaches knows that sound means food time...

want4rain
February 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
glad youre back!! ive been meaning to tell you a few of the methods we use with Hunters cord chewing habits....

all bathroom doors get closed at night or when we leave. our laptops, cellphones, iPods and etc get plugged into bathrooms. :o our tv cords are all looped together where possible in those cord binder twirly things, like a twisted plastic straw?? it makes it harder for him to get TO the cords. i find those twisty things chewed up every so often but no cords THERE so far.

you know, perhaps this sounds terrible but have you thought about getting some really thin airline tubing for aquariums and seeing if that would sedate a bit of the need to chew??? there are no wires in it, just a plastic tube. i imagine that would come out well as long as the pieces arent so long.... i just feel sooooo bad when Hunter gets chewy. :(

-ashley

onster
February 18th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah, my knees crack bigtime!!! It's like some sort of musical when I bend them :rolleyes:

Want4rain, thank u so much for ure suggestions. What twisty cord things are u referrring to though?

Ive bought dog chew bone things for hazel b4 to chew on but it didn't quite work out. He would chew on them but I noticed specks of blood on the stuff (dont know what its callled....sticks that have flavors?) so i figuired it was too hard for him.

I try to keep things locked up when theyre charging, but its hard with 6 members of the family and only 3 of which (my mom, lil bro and self) that live here fulltime. Everyone else visits sometimes or shuttles back and forth so it's mostly their things that get ruined. That and I have a 16 yr old brother who refuses to listen ever, then of course all hell breaks lose when his beloved wii sensor is chewed up. :shrug: Some1 suggested I put that nail varnish stuff that keeps humans from chewing their nails on the wires, but i was worried about possible chemicals?