Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In a training session

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
This is before, middle and after the training session tonight.
Man, my mommy is sure a hard worker..Sucks to be me, lol

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
These 20 mins down stays are tough
Last pic is for Cpietra, are you sure you do not want him back, he misses you, and giving you a hug. LOL

Frenchy
February 16th, 2008, 08:17 PM
:laughing: he looks so serious !

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 08:18 PM
And just because she is a cutie. My little princess who is turning 4 in 3 weeks...yikes

Frenchy
February 16th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Kayla sure likes her princess costumes :)

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM
oh that she does, she gets all dressed up, hoping her party will be that day, LOL

poodletalk
February 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
she gets all dressed up, hoping her party will be that day,

My nieces do the same thing everything has to be "beautiful" or they won't wear it.

My older niece who's turning six birthday is right around Kayla's..

Harley's fur looks nice and shiney in the pictures

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
He is doing much better being put on the crap food. Gained weight and attitude, lol

breeze
February 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Rottielover iswn't harley on raw????

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Nope, he gets special raw from LP when I have the chance, but mainly he is on Nutro large breed. That is the food he does best with. Others were complete runs, or cow piles...

breeze
February 16th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Nope, he gets special raw from LP when I have the chance, but mainly he is on Nutro large breed. That is the food he does best with. Others were complete runs, or cow piles...

he looks great.......:thumbs up:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
He really does look great, Rottielover, regardless of attitude! :thumbs up

And I think Kayla has shot up a few inches since the last time you posted a pic--unless it's the glamorous heels. :D

The kitty hug is hilarious! :laughing:

Luba
February 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Very cutie patooties all three of them.
Happy birthday kiddo!! 4 is a magic number~!!!

20min down stays I can't even do that LMHO

Rottielover
February 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM
He can do it, he just hates too. The first time I had to put him back once, then started over and he did it.....

jiorji
February 17th, 2008, 07:46 AM
awwwww Harley!!! anytime you wanna run away and get a break from your mom, come over to my house!! I'll spoil you!!:cloud9:

but i wanna say, if rottielover wasn't so on her toes, I think with any other twit owner, Harley could easily turn into one of those "bad" breeds at this point. I'm glad she knows how to keep the lock down cos it sounds like he's at a crossroad point and he's heading for the good path. :thumbs up

:cloud9:Harley bun!! gonna give you a cookie!! :D

Rottielover
February 17th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Thank you jjorgi, I am doing my best.
He is not aggressive in any shape or form, unless we are moving in the car, a dog or kid is in his view. They call it territorial aggression and many dogs have it, not only rotts.
One step at a time, using his high prey drive and make it work for us, seeing you can not remove it, work with it.
He is a great dog, just a challenge freak recently. BUT we stopped it before it came to something worse. He has only growled at me once, and that was over a year ago because of his nails.
We have come a long way in that specter, he now just stands there and I trim.
His major issues are more with people other than immediate family...As jjorgi is well aware. We have passed the learning stage, and poor dog will now learn what it means to be corrected if needed. The correction will fit what he has done. I am not a hard person, but can be if it means keeping my family safe.
Harley wants to thank you all, and the next time anyone sees him, he will be a distinguished gentleman.

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Great pictures of the training. And kitty hugs!!:lovestruck:

SARAH
February 17th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Well, I hope the "distinguished gentleman" will still be allowed to give me round-the-face-kiss! I loved the first three pics :D how he seemed to start out with a "yeah, ok, so we're training a bit :evil: " going to a "heck, she's serious today :frustrated: " and ending with a "hey, this ain't no fun anymore :sad: "

Cute kitty-hug-pic, and Kayla ... such a girly-girl, super cute in that dress!

KimandAutumn
February 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
aww what great pics. :cloud9:

Rottielover
February 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Actually he loves training, he hates the prong, he knows corrections will be made. LOL

Winston
February 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Rottielover he is gorgeous! but I can relate..I cannot walk Winston without a prong collar on..I have tried a million times but it comes down to strength and he has it. Winston has only needed a few corrections and has understood he wears it regardless of what we are doing...

Harley certain looks happy in his training..maybe he just needs that as some working dogs do....I have a friend who uses the back back method like you did and it made a drastic difference in behaviour feeling like he was working..

Cindy