Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Few Minutes Of Fresh AIR

Lukka'sma
February 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Just for a change in scenery we stand outside with Lukka so she can oversee her domain:)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0356.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0354.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSC_0359.jpg

Rottielover
February 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
She is beautiful. I really hope she recovers soon, so she can be a dog again :)

Byrd
February 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Aaawww poor baby, she looks like she just wants a good run.

At least she got some fresh air.

ancientgirl
February 16th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Beautiful! I love that first picture of her just sitting surveying everything. Is her leg better?

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Aw, Lukka :grouphug: You look so sad!

But don't despair! Just do what your Mum and Dad tell you and heal up right as rain and before you know it, you'll be running carefree through the spring grass again! :thumbs up

:goodvibes: from the Hazel Run Pack :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Frenchy
February 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
She looks sooo good ! :lovestruck:

pitgrrl
February 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
She's stunning!......I don't even usually like fluffy dogs, but really :lovestruck:

Love4himies
February 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I love the first picture, she looks so regal:cloud9:. Her leg looks cold though. How is she doing?

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Awww....pretty Lukka. :lovestruck: She looks like she was really enjoying her little break outside. :cloud9:

Lukka'sma
February 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM
She's doing better.
None of this recovery has been bothersome in that we find it a nuisance or anything like that. The only problem with it is knowing she wants to be out in the woods .......and she will in time:)
She gets lost of attention in house, daddy has story time with her a few times a day and she gets to stand out in the yard on leash when daddy has a beer out there:laughing:
I have started applying heat to her knee several times a day. The vet said three times, but I figure as long as she has time in between seven or eight times a day won't hurt.
And it seems to be helping her.
I am going to leave her on the pain meds for a few more days I think.
My next day off will be Tuesday and when hubby gets home in the afternoon we are going to take Lukka to her favorite hiking trial and let her have some time sitting under the trees and a slow 10min walk or whatever she can tolerate at that point. She's gonna be so thrilled to be back there, it will have been 6 weeks since she has been there at that point. It's only about a ten minute drive from our house so as often as we can take her we will. Being there might also make her more willing to exercise that leg and get a bit more distance on it than just being in the yard. Trying to find the balance between not enough exercise and over doing it is what I find the hardest part.

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Oh, she'll love getting back to her old haunt--but she'll likely think she's gonna get to run, so hold on tight! :dog: :laughing:

The incision looks very nicely healed in that last picture. :thumbs up

Your hubby drinks cold beer standing out in a snowy yard!?! :eek: He must be from WI! :laughing:

loopoo
February 16th, 2008, 01:57 PM
shes beautiful.. she looks very content surveying the scenery :)

clm
February 16th, 2008, 11:20 PM
She really is lovely. I bet she prefers winter over summer with that coat.

Cindy

14+kitties
February 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Oh Lukka - you are such a beauty! The leg looks like it is healing well too. I hope there isn't too much pain anymore. Sending :goodvibes: your way.

~michelle~
February 17th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Lukka is looking beautiful as always!!!!!! hopefully she can get back to those trails soon! Logan Aiden and Braxton send their love!!!!!!!!!! (so do chris and I !)

Ford Girl
February 19th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Great pictures, she is always so beautiful! :cloud9:

You are doing a great job mom, and she knows it!!! :lovestruck:

Luba
February 19th, 2008, 03:02 PM
You sure are doing a good job, it's obviously seen in her face she trusts you so much. She's just absolutely beautiful.