Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ran the Newbies Again

OC_Spirit
February 16th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Ok I'm sure you guys are starting to get tired of staring at Husky butts but we had the 4 newbies out again (the 2 Sibes and 2 Mals) along with Bailey's dogs and my 2 hooligans so of course we have pictures to share!!! That's a total of 9 fuzzy howlers! Enjoy the pics!

5-dog team (the one I ran): Ronan and Kena in lead, OC in team, Nala (malamute) and Tucker (sibe) in wheel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/oc_spirit_pics/Dog_Sledding/DSC02992.jpg

4-dog team (Bailey's, btw we each also took one of the newbies' owners to keep them a lil more relaxed/focused on the trail having a familiar voice behind them) Mochi and Tiku in lead, Smokey (mal) and Mia (sibe) in wheel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/oc_spirit_pics/Dog_Sledding/DSC03001.jpg

There was only one problem though, the trail we ran out and back is only roughly 2-3 miles when our (mine and Bailey's) dogs are used to going at least 6 miles. The Mals were looking a lil tired but all 7 Huskies (including the newbies) looked pretty geared to go again so we hooked them all up together!

Ronan and Kena in lead, OC in point, Tucker and Mia in team, Mochi and Tiku in wheel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/oc_spirit_pics/Dog_Sledding/DSC03008.jpg

The 4 newbies; L to R - Tucker, Mia, Smokey and Nala

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/baileymoffatt/Sledding/SSPX0016.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
February 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Looks like another great run and some added fun w/newbies & extra weight to pull in the sleds :thumbs up

Husky butt shots :laughing: Like they say: The scenery only changes when you're the lead dog :laughing:

OC_Spirit
February 16th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Growler, the other day my boss was trying to be a smart alec with me and said "y'know, if you aint the lead dog, the view never changes" to which I replied with "ya but at least there, i'm in charge of all the @$$holes ahead of me, unlike here" LOL he got a good laugh out of that one!

growler~GateKeeper
February 16th, 2008, 01:42 AM
:laugh: good one :laughing:

Winston
February 16th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Nice shots OC....I have to say I know zero about sledding like that! Looks like alot of fun...I wanted to try it a few times when we have been to Montreal skiing but I felt bad for the dogs....

Cindy

chico2
February 16th, 2008, 08:36 AM
OC,I never tire at looking at this beautiful dogs,even if it is mostly"butt-pics",they look like happy pups enjoying the snow,unlike my neighbors beautiful Husky:sad:

allymack
February 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
are the newbies your friends dogs? it looks like the dogs are having alot of fun.!

OC_Spirit
February 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Winston, why did you feel bad for the dogs? Were they being mistreated?

Chico, maybe you could try sledding with your neighbour's husky ;)

Allymack, they belong to a lady that works at my bank. A few of the businesses in my small town allow me to bring my boys inside (including both my banks) since they know me and know my dogs are very well mannered. This lady is kinda new I think because she had never seen me with the boys before (and I have been bringing OC there for the past 5 years!) but when she saw us she immediately came out to gush at the boys saying how she has 4 huskies at home. We started chatting, one thing led to another and there you have it! LOL

Winston
February 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
OC Spirit..I felt bad I think just because of my ignorance really...I always thought it was hard on the dogs to pull people around and thats probably because I dont know any different really.. I guess I didnt want to support any kind of cruelty....The dogs were not being mistreated in any way that I saw..They were kind of small but could be very strong..I think I have a picture of them from our trip..

Cindy

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Great pics OC :lovestruck: and Winston :lovestruck: ....I never get tired of seeing husky pics. :cloud9:

loopoo
February 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
beautiful pics... looks like they were having fun:)

chico2
February 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
OC Spirit,me sledding:laughing:I don't think soo,and Fate is waaay to skinny.:sad:
I asked the owner if he does not feed his dog,he said she eats once a day:yell:
Even his girlfriend admits he should never have had a dog,there is nothing I can do,but give advice,but it sure bothers the heck out of me:sad:
She is a beautiful pup(1yr old)and should be running playing in the snow.

OC_Spirit
February 16th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Winston, it's alright, you know better now ;) I'm always amazed by the sheer strength of these guys! I have not pushed Ronan yet but with little training I have had him pull 500Lbs on wheels before and he only weighs 51Lbs! He could have easily gone pulled more but I didnt want him to injure himself.