Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gave me a Scare

pbpatti
February 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
So Sasha gave me a big scare last night, we were cuddling on the couch and bedtime comes, she is not getting up, I 'm thinking ok she is comfortable and will come in a few minutes. NOOO, I go to get her off the couch and she is not moving, she is breathing a little heavy and her pupils are huge. OK now what do I do? she is a 68lb dog and I cannot carry her, finally I decide to take her to the Emerg, call a cab, the driver said he will come into the house and carry her if needed. That was all it took she sat up and wanted to kiss/wash his face. ok ok long story short....the emerg vet took a look and did x-rays ofher back..whew she is ok, in the afternoon we were playing in the snow and she did a couple of "snow dives" for her toy and must have pulled a muscle or somthing. Emerg gave her a painkiller shot that made her pant like crazy, then poop in the office, poor embarrased puppy,...not short enough..ok. I slept on the floor with her all night while she partly slept/whined/and kept me awake...she is resting now with a muscle relaxant in her, Yay, she should be ok, needs lots of rest, WHAT A SCARE THE END. pbp

Frenchy
February 15th, 2008, 12:19 PM
You must had been so scared :sad: thank dog it's not more serious than muscles pain ! Speedy recovery Sasha , your mom needs a break !!! :grouphug:

breeze
February 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'm happy to here that it's only rest she needs to get her back on her paws again....

that would scare the hebbygebbies out me..

krdahmer
February 15th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Yikes... well I hope she is feeling better this afternoon... :goodvibes: for a speedy recovery... for you both! :)

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Poor Sasha, poor you. But I am glad it wasn't anything more serious. :grouphug: for both of you. You need it.

dustybird
February 15th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Yikes for sure...I know that feeling, just thinking about it I can feel it. The dog where I work can sleep really deeply sometimes. Scared the crap out of me many times. Really glad to hear everything is going to be ok :grouphug:

jiorji
February 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM
awww Sasha :grouphug: i know you wanted that kitten but this isn't how you scare your poor ma into getting it for you. You just gather up kitten photos and put them on her pillow :laughing::D

pbpatti
February 15th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks all, yes Sasha is feeling better this afternoon, she's eating:thumbs up, now when did you ever see a Lab refuse food:laughing:, The only tough thing will be to try to keep her quiet. She did scare the heebeejeebess out of me but all seems to be good again:pray: pbp

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm so glad she's okay! :grouphug:

Cass did the same thing to me one day--I had to pick her up and carry her in the house. The silly Princess-Queen had strained her back, but it looked more like bloat :eek: --odd positions, humped back, looked nauseated (that was the pain) and eyes dilated (also from pain). A very scary trip into the vet resulted in the diagnosis of back pain...

Sasha and Cass should get together--they have a lot to talk about. They can plan the next way they're going to worry the h:censored: out of their Mommies! :dog: The little :evil:-dogs! :laughing:

Dorothea
February 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm thankful that Sasha is OK.
"now when did you ever see a Lab refuse food.":rolleyes::ca:
My hubby has a black lab ( Cle'o) and thanks to the info here, we now put a ball in her food bowl so that she slows down when inhailing her food. On the other hand ,I always have to encourage my ST Poodle , Lisa ( should I give this to Cle'o?) so that she will finally slowly eat her food.

:rolleyes::yell::yell::highfive::highfive:

Frenchy
February 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks all, yes Sasha is feeling better this afternoon, she's eating:thumbs up,

:highfive:

They are a source of ... worries :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 16th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Glad to hear everything with Sasha is fine :grouphug: Silly dogs don't know what they put us through sometimes :pawprint:
That musta been seriously scary, I'm sorry I had just logged off right before this happened :2huggers:
Really nice of the cab driver to offer to carry her in to the cab :thumbs up

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
WOW....that must have been quite a scare. :grouphug: Glad she is okay and back to normal now. :goodvibes:

Winston
February 16th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Oh pbpatti..glad to hear Sasha is okay!! What a scare.....Winston sends big slobbery chocolate lab kisses her way!

Cindy

loopoo
February 16th, 2008, 01:59 PM
i had something like that happen with Riker a year ago definitely scary..:eek:
glad sasha is doing fine

Love4himies
February 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Oh Sasha, don't you be giving your mom scares anymore!!!

Glad she is going to be fine.

shredy
February 16th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I am so glad she is ok, and :fingerscr:fingerscr to a speedy recovery