Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's been such a long, hard day.........

14+kitties
February 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
After helping to dust the chairs........
Giving my cousin a massage........
Doing the books..............

allymack
February 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM
haha, too cute, the first one looks like the new swiffer duster, fits in between all the tiny curves, great photos!

14+kitties
February 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Drinking waaayyy too much pop..........
Testing for carpet softness........
Helping with the garbage............

14+kitties
February 14th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Doing my stretching excercises..............
And just generally looking cute as can be........
It's time for a good night's sleep........

14+kitties
February 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
......the last one........ for now. :o

14+kitties
February 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks allymack! I think they are pretty special. :o

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2008, 08:21 PM
:laughing: Great pics, Gerri! And such a busy day! :cat:

I love the dusting the chair and doing the books! :D Did kitty get stuck between the rungs? :laughing:

jiorji
February 14th, 2008, 08:32 PM
hehehe my kitty likes to eat books too :D

Kashi
February 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Very cute !

breeze
February 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
yes after all their hard work they really need a nap...:D

great pictures:thumbs up

Frenchy
February 14th, 2008, 09:23 PM
What a life :laughing: they look all so comfy :cloud9:

krdahmer
February 14th, 2008, 10:33 PM
AW AW and AWWWW :lovestruck:

loopoo
February 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
awww hehe very cute, and they look so comfy at the end :)

growler~GateKeeper
February 14th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Doing the books..............

or Chewing the books :laughing:

It's time for a good night's sleep........

With a soft brotherly/cousinly(:confused: so not a word :laughing:) pillow to bury ones' face in :lovestruck:

......the last one........ for now. :o

cute almost a perfect mirror image :lovestruck:

chico2
February 15th, 2008, 06:22 AM
OMG 14+,you certainly made my day brighter,after waking up at 4:45am from Chico barfing on my bed:yell:(he's ok!)
Your guys are just adorable and you take great pics:thumbs up

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Great pics, Gerri! And such a busy day!
I love the dusting the chair and doing the books! :D Did kitty get stuck between the rungs?

HRP! YOU MADE IT IN!!! :) Connection must be good today. Yay!
Nope, Niko didn't get stuck. I had visions of having to get a saw out too. :eek: They were definetely busy - knocking over garbage is HARD work!

Jiorji and Growler - Tink really wasn't eating my book. He was rubbing his jaw along the spine -- really. :rolleyes:

I love the last picture too. It's like the bottom of a heart. :lovestruck: They are good cousins.

OMG 14+,you certainly made my day brighter,after waking up at 4:45am from Chico barfing on my bed:yell:(he's ok!)
Your guys are just adorable and you take great pics:thumbs up

Glad I could make your day Chico2. Don't you hate waking up to that? My toy does that to me too occasionally. I'm glad Chico is ok. You have enough to worry about with Rocky.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Now I have to go get some of my girls and 2 boys out in their catuary!

luckypenny
February 15th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Giving my cousin a massage........

Ummm, can I borrow a kitty from you :D ?

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Ummm, can I borrow a kitty from you :D ?

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Ummm, that one? He loves to explore and terrorizes the lovebirds and fishies. But he is a great massager. :rolleyes:

luckypenny
February 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM
My kind of kitty :lovestruck: . I used to have a cat when I was much younger who used to knead my neck everynight before falling asleep :cloud9: . My little Shmoogums :lovestruck: . I miss having cats :sad: but looking at your photos bring back such happy memories :) .

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'm glad. :) That means I can post more???? :rolleyes:

luckypenny
February 15th, 2008, 10:10 AM
:D Of course! It's expected of you.

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 15th, 2008, 10:39 AM
How adorable! Yesterday, Smudge helped my clear the work off my desk with a running start from the livingroom...:laughing: I'd be lost without my boys!

ancientgirl
February 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM
LOL, I love the doing the books picture. So cute!!!!:lovestruck:

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks LP! I'll get right on it!! :rolleyes:
BaileySmudge - I had THAT help with the tipping of the garbage. :D
I love that one too, ancient. Looks all the world like Tink is grinning. But he is soooo tired today. All that massaging and bookwork yesterday. He has only had the energy today to look at the birdies from the floor, not at their cage level!

cpietra16
February 15th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Kitty Labour.....shame on you! Kitty labour laws are in place for homes like yours....kitty are always over worked for little or no money!!!!! :D

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Kitty Labour.....shame on you! Kitty labour laws are in place for homes like yours....kitty are always over worked for little or no money!!!!! :D

I know, I know! I should have brought the other 11 in to help I guess. :rolleyes: But if I did that in a couple of months there would be another kind of "labour" going on and that's a no-no! Probably 6 of my 9 girls are in heat (the other 2 are neutured males so it's good) which is why my boys are in the house till they are fixed March 3. If I have my way a few will be in afterward too.
Just gotta twist someone's arm a little bit harder. http://bestsmileys.com/tempted/3.gif <That's him.

If it makes you feel better they get lots and lots of hugs and snuggles. :D I guess I will just have to start a "cat bank".

phoozles
February 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I can't get over the kitty massage - so cute!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Never had a kitty that gave massages - but I did have one that used to lick men's beards.. he was obsessed.. I think I'd opt for a massage any day! :laughing: (Especially since I'm not a man and don't have a beard yet - I AM half Italian after all - some genes you hope don't come through :D)

14+kitties
February 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Phoozles - you may have to stand in line to get him. LP's already asked to borrow him. Tink is really good at massages though. :)
And the beard thing....:eek: I guess tweezers will come in handy. :o

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 01:46 AM
All your cats are so pretty. :lovestruck: I love the swiffer duster one and the helping with the garbage. :D And, I really love the last pic. :cloud9:

chico2
February 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Just had to have another look,OMG they are all soooo cute:lovestruck:
Are you taking them in the house ever now and then??
Or was it only when they were beeing "fixed"?
They must be pretty social for you to get them in to your house:cat:

14+kitties
February 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Rainbow. I think they are pretty cute too. :lovestruck:

Just had to have another look,OMG they are all soooo cute:lovestruck:
Are you taking them in the house ever now and then??
Or was it only when they were beeing "fixed"?
They must be pretty social for you to get them in to your house:cat:

Chico - The boys have been in the house for the last 3 weeks. They are getting fixed on March 3. Niko gets done on March 17. Until then they are in the house. Quite a few of the girls are in heat so I am not taking any chances. :o It's amazing how social they are becoming. But there are two that still don't like anyone but me. When we go to put them back in their crate for the night I have to catch them. They won't let the boys (stepsons) near them.

Gotta boogie for now. My son in law is getting sworn in today in London. YAY!!!!

Love4himies
February 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Oh what beautiful, helpful, busy kitties you have. They even do paperwork lol.

14+kitties
February 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Oh what beautiful, helpful, busy kitties you have. They even do paperwork lol.

lol Yep, now if I could only get them to do REAL work I would be set!! And they say thanks for the compliments.
I got paid back for being away yesterday by getting a few scratches from upset kitties this morning and a whole bunch of backs turned away. How dare I go anywhere! Guess they didn't like the man coming in to feed them. But this afternoon everything is back to normal. Lots of purrs, cuddles and kisses. Course the boys in the house never knew I was gone. :frustrated:

Ford Girl
February 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Awww, I love these guys, so fluffy and soft...:cloud9:

Luba
February 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Ohh March is coming snip snip snip

Those happy faces are gonna be a little grumpy for awhile but you are so good to them and they look so sweet. Good luck for the snippy snipp snippers!
EEK:lightbulb:

14+kitties
February 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks Luba. I will pass on your best wishes to the boys. The first two boys went really well. I am hoping these 5 go ok too. Niko is not going to be happy on the 3rd when he can't play with his cousins. :frustrated: I guess I will just have to make sure he has his favourite play toy to bat around.... ear plugs of all things!
Then we start on the girls....... 9 of them. :D

Luba
February 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Is there a conveyor belt nearby???? :laughing:

dmc123
February 19th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Those are so cute! Great job narrating :)

Diane

Frenchy
February 19th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I am hoping these 5 go ok too.
Then we start on the girls....... 9 of them. :D

:eek: I can imagine the vet bill :eek: thank YOU for all you do for these abandoned kitties :angel: they are VERY lucky to have you ! :cat:

chico2
February 20th, 2008, 06:51 AM
The boys will be just fine,a little lighter,that's all:cat:but you must know that already,after all you are a kitty-pro.
9 spays:yell:I hope you have a rich uncle or a very charitable vet:pray:

14+kitties
February 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Ford Girl - thanks! :D
And Frenchy - thank you too! Yes, vet bill will be high. I will probably have to do one or two a month till they are done. I want to do the moms first. And dad (the culprit(s)) if I can hunt him/them down! They are still running around somewhere. It's going to be an ongoing thing but we are going for 0 population increase around here! At least till the next one(s) get dropped off. :frustrated:
Chico - I know it's nothing to worry about but I think we all do. Even for minor surgery. I am a worry wart. Just hide it well most of the time. :o And they are after all, my big sucks. No rich uncle. I wish I could find a vet who would take payments. Then I could do them all at once and pay monthly. No luck so far around here. The vet I have will do 30 days but that's it. Very frustrating.

Frenchy
February 20th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I wish I could find a vet who would take payments. Then I could do them all at once and pay monthly. No luck so far around here. The vet I have will do 30 days but that's it. Very frustrating.

Even if they know you rescued all these cats ? :frustrated:

krdahmer
February 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Did you look into any of the rescues to see if they could set you up with lower cost spays? In the falls here there is a snip program, where they pay for a portion of the cost. The Niagara Region really needs a good spay/neuter program. I just saw in one of the papers how overloaded our HS is again... which means a whole lot of poor critters being pts.:sad:

You know you could look into getting registered as a charity... a cat sanctuary... then maybe you could get donations to help with all those costs. And you are such an :angel2: for getting it done on your own too! I have a feeling that is how most rescues and sanctuaries get started... people just keep dropping them off... and your big heart just has to find a way to help. Oh and if you do branch out and become a charity... I'd like to be the first to volunteer my time! :D

14+kitties
February 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Even if they know you rescued all these cats ? :frustrated:

Frenchy - Every vet I spoke to basically said the same thing. Cash when done or very soon afterward. They said they appreciate what I am trying to do but payment up front because they don't know me. With those attitudes they won't either. :frustrated:

Did you look into any of the rescues to see if they could set you up with lower cost spays? In the falls here there is a snip program, where they pay for a portion of the cost. The Niagara Region really needs a good spay/neuter program. I just saw in one of the papers how overloaded our HS is again... which means a whole lot of poor critters being pts.:sad:

You know you could look into getting registered as a charity... a cat sanctuary... then maybe you could get donations to help with all those costs. And you are such an :angel2: for getting it done on your own too! I have a feeling that is how most rescues and sanctuaries get started... people just keep dropping them off... and your big heart just has to find a way to help. Oh and if you do branch out and become a charity... I'd like to be the first to volunteer my time! :D

I did get info on the snip program. They basically want to know your financial situation, income tax forms, the works. No thanks! Yes, I agree we do need a good program here.
As for being registered as a charity/sanctuary .. I have done some research into doing one or the other. It will be something I have to convince hubby of. So far no luck. I think he is thinking 2 businesses already and now I want a third! :eek:
Bless you for volunteering your time! I really appreciate that! You are a big :angel: yourself. I may take you up on that some time. :D

krdahmer
February 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks... although my volunteering is not purely altruistic... :rolleyes:... I wanna get to cuddle some of those little cuties!!! :o:cloud9:

14+kitties
February 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Mmm, cuddling is not always in their vocabulary until they get to know you. More like.....run! But I do have a few who don't care who is holding them as long as they get held. My big guy loves everyone! He doesn't care who has him as long as they treat him well.