Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For LuckyPenny

LavenderRott
February 14th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I am sure that there is a picture of my Reni on here somewhere but rather then look - I'll just post a couple more!

Here is one of Reni (the big Belgian Sheepdog) and Rusty (the little black and tan pomeranian).
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture204.jpg

This is the day we brought him home.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture004.jpg

And an extra of Rusty - just because it is so darn cute.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture1839.jpg

luckypenny
February 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I can't really comment until I see more please :D .

LavenderRott
February 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Here he is playing with Rusty.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture257.jpg

Here he is trying to climb on the couch ontop of me and my boy.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/Picture141.jpg

Here is Rusty as a pup.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/LilacDragon/rustypuppy.jpg

luckypenny
February 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I need more pictures, and larger too if you expect me to comment objectively :rolleyes: :laughing: .

LavenderRott
February 14th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Look, woman! Just tell me if you like my dog already. ROFLMAO!!!

These are the best pictures I have. But I am hoping to get a new camera very, very soon and I have big plans for the summer so we should have plenty more before too awful long.

Heck - I have posted more pictures today then I have in years!

happycats
February 14th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Reni is gorgeous!! I remember when I was younger and had my first CKC book, I fell in LOVE with the Belgian Sheepdog:lovestruck: he is just beautiful!
Little Rusty is just the cutest :cloud9:

luckypenny
February 14th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Look, woman! Just tell me if you like my dog already. ROFLMAO!!!

I can't tell with those teensy weensy photos :rolleyes: .

But I am hoping to get a new camera very, very soon...

So when you pick it up tomorrow morning, I'm expecting to see loads more by early afternoon the latest, right?

Heck - I have posted more pictures today then I have in years!

It's about time then :D .

LavenderRott
February 14th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I like him well enough but I seriously doubt I will ever get another. When he wouldn't show, he was kind of "put on a back burner" so to speak. He has plenty of issues that we are working through.

For the first 4 months, he couldn't be loose with Rusty without wearing a muzzle. He has picked the little guy up and shaken him like a ragdoll a couple of times. Scared the you-know-what out of me - got Rusty wet. This doesn't happen anymore, but he WILL snap at an unknown dog that comes near him.

His was poorly socialized and we will be working more on that this summer. I would also like to get him into a class with other dogs because I got him with an eye toward getting some obedience titles on him.

LavenderRott
February 14th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I can't tell with those teensy weensy photos :rolleyes: .

So when you pick it up tomorrow morning, I'm expecting to see loads more by early afternoon the latest, right?

More like a couple of weeks from now, but I promise to post more then.

And I will be adding a magnifying glass to my shopping list to send to you so that you can see them better.;)

14+kitties
February 14th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Very nice puppies. Adorable!

luckypenny
February 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
For the first 4 months, he couldn't be loose with Rusty without wearing a muzzle.

:mad: I don't believe you! You're lying :yell: !

Just look at that first photo with Reni :angel: laying quietly next to his buddy, his best pal Rusty :cloud9: :p

And I will be adding a magnifying glass to my shopping list to send to you so that you can see them better.;)

:D

He has plenty of issues that we are working through.

I can so relate to you here :rolleyes:. I admire you for sticking with it though :thumbs up .

Honestly, from what I can see with such little itsy bitsy photos :laughing:, both Reni and Rusty are adorable :lovestruck:. I love seeing the contrast of little dogs and big dogs together. Do they play much with each other now?

Can't wait to see a photo thread with Reni and his new ribbons :thumbs up .

LavenderRott
February 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I got Reni in March and that picture was taken in August. About an hour after that picture was taken, Rusty got a bit too rambunctious and Reni pitched him across the room. :rolleyes: While Reni certainly has the power and size to do serious damage to Rusty, he has never more then gotten his fur wet.

They have very different styles of playing. LOL! Rusty will pester and pester Reni to play. When Reni finally joins in - Rusty runs like hell! The problem is that Reni likes to step on his playmates and Rusty is afraid he'll get mashed like a bug!

Reni is plenty smart, but extremely soft. In almost a year, I have yet to find a correction (on a flat collar, no less) that doesn't cause him to flinch and shut down. I have a halti and the results with that are really no better. He also has an extremely sensative stomach, so treat training is not an option.

This boy is going to be a ton of work!

Oh - and I am planning to start training Rusty to track! That ought to be a hoot!

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Great pics of your guys, LavenderRott (4-legged and 2-legged--that pic of you, your son and Reni on the couch is a hoot! :laughing:) I don't believe I've ever seen any pics of them before. You must post more after you get your new camera....tomorrow, did LP say? :p he he

loopoo
February 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
rusty is a real cutie pie:), and reni is so regal and handsome... i love belgian sheperds i have to say they are such loyal dogs... extremely sensitive too..

krdahmer
February 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Aw... cuties! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
February 15th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Both are so handsome...love the Groenendaels' very elegant :lovestruck:

chico2
February 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM
LP,you are sooo sneaky:laughing:
But it's about time we see some LR pics,they are both adorable:lovestruck:
I can just picture little Rusty waking Reni up to play and then taking off like a shot,little bugger:laughing:and then getting stepped on by the big beautiful Reni:laughing:(not too seriously I hope!)

ancientgirl
February 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Them's some gorgeous pups you got there!:cloud9:

want4rain
February 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
OMGosh!! your pups are so cute together!!

things looking up out there in MI?? my dad is so doom and gloom about things. :(

-ashley

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I'm sure this is the first time I've seen you post pics. Your fuzzbutts are gorgeous :lovestruck: and hope you post more soon. :fingerscr I love the first pic. :cloud9: