Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

FYI - skin problems

badger
February 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I recently suggested to a reader whose cat had a severe skin irritation that a referral to a veterinary dermatologist might be appropriate. Another reader, FD from Maidstone, repeated my answer to a friend whose cat had a similar problem and a referral appointment was duly made. The dermatologist said that all plug-in air fresheners in the house should be removed because of the high levels of chemicals being pumped out "at cat level". The cat started to improve at once and is now healed.

FD has asked me to mention this in case other readers' pets could be affected. She also worries about children crawling around. Perhaps there is something to be said for that old-fashioned technique for freshening a room - just open the window.

From a vet column in the Telegraph (UK)

krdahmer
February 14th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info Badger.:thumbs up I had one long ago, but it bothered me so much I had to get rid of it (allergies). Now I only have a spray one in the bathroom and only use it if I have company or am expecting company and there is a scent needing cover up. :o:laughing: I have one by the litter boxes too, but only spray it if they aren't downstairs. I figure if it bothers me that much, it can't be good for them either.