Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

just having a little rant....

duttypaws
February 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Well... as you know im waiting to move apartment then will look into getting a new cat and have now started looking to see what is out there and I am brokenhearted at how many people on craigslist/kijiji are "giving" away dogs they can no longer keep also people who are posting wanting a "cute" dog.... or all the puppies... why dont people neuter their pets.... :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

also im REALLY shocked that you can buy dogs in a petstore here... thats not allowed in the UK!! also im stumped at why people move to new apartments that dont allow dogs or cats when they already have one?!?! OR MY most annoying is someone wanting to exchange a puppy for another breed!!!!!! *argh*

ok im over.... i fell in love with a basset puppy today... im just wondering that if (when) i move back to the UK in a few years how I would bring them back with me!!! argh.... :wall:

maybe its the weather as it doesnt usually get to me but the more i look the more upset I get.... i dont think 500 puppies and cats could live with me .. :(

its made me really really miss my pets back home at my moms :(

thought id just share with people who would see my Point of view....

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
maybe its the weather as it doesnt usually get to me but the more i look the more upset I get.... i dont think 500 puppies and cats could live with me .. :(

its made me really really miss my pets back home at my moms :(

I know how much it sucks :sad: you should stop looking at those ads , it's not good for your blood pressure. :sad:

duttypaws
February 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I know how much it sucks :sad: you should stop looking at those ads , it's not good for your blood pressure. :sad:

dont i know it.... im going between apartment hunting and cat adoption... then i saw doggies on TV (the montreal sspc thing is heartbreaking) lol... may be the weather having a little tear :cry: about it and my other half thinks im going crazy... lol... he says yes to a cat though (woo!)

and then my friend called to tell me his neighbour is trying to give his great dane pup away (its 4 months) because its too big for an aparment... i mean u have to live in a cave to not know the size a dane grows to... (grump) ... lol even the people crying on american idol are annoying me... i think thats my cue to go lie in a bath and go to bed! :)

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 07:53 PM
and then my friend called to tell me his neighbour is trying to give his great dane pup away (its 4 months)

Is this dog in Montreal ?

duttypaws
February 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Is this dog in Montreal ?

yeah downtown.... as far as I know...i don tknow if its just me but its common sense to not get a great dane when u live in an apartment...

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
yeah downtown.... as far as I know...i don tknow if its just me but its common sense to not get a great dane when u live in an apartment...

On the contrary , great danes are good in condos or apartment , because they are not hyper dogs and don't need loads of exercise. And funny enough , they don't take that much space (I'm fostering one)

If you could talk to this owner, I would like to help with rehoming this great dane. I'm with a golden rescue so I can't take him/her myself (my foster great dane is with one of the spca) but I really would like to help !

duttypaws
February 13th, 2008, 08:06 PM
On the contrary , great danes are good in condos or apartment , because they are not hyper dogs and don't need loads of exercise. And funny enough , they don't take that much space (I'm fostering one)

If you could talk to this owner, I would like to help with rehoming this great dane. I'm with a golden rescue so I can't take him/her myself (my foster great dane is with one of the spca) but I really would like to help !

i just look at the size of a Dane and my apt... lol :-S... im a shorty though the come up past my hip! lol...

i will pass it onto him to let them know as I know someone was goin to see it tonight... *fingers crossed*

luckypenny
February 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM
A 4 month old Great Dane? :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

As long as your friend takes the time to take it outdoors, go on walks, and play (puppy school is a great idea at this point) there should be no problems living with a Dane in an appartment :shrug: .

luckypenny
February 13th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Is the puppy spayed/neutered at least :eek: before he gives it away?

duttypaws
February 13th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Is the puppy spayed/neutered at least :eek: before he gives it away?

ive emailed to ask as he mentioned it again today.. they were half about moving to keep it OR give it away.... he just chose to inform me on the day i was puppy/cat hunting.... :frustrated:

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM
OR give it away....

If the dog doesn't get adopted tonight , please tell your friend to NOT give away his dog. I will pm you my e-mail adress so you can give it to him , if he wants my help.

duttypaws
February 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
If the dog doesn't get adopted tonight , please tell your friend to NOT give away his dog. I will pm you my e-mail adress so you can give it to him , if he wants my help.

i will.... :D from the sounds this was the 2nd time they were coming to see the wee monster :) :cloud9:

14+kitties
February 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Duttypaws..you can only save so many animals. As much as our hearts bleed whenever we read or see the injustice some animals go through we can only do so much. Every dog or cat I see that is in trouble I would love to take under my wing. Reality says otherwise though. I already have a full plate. I am sure you will know when the right one(s) for you show up.

ancientgirl
February 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I don't look at ads on any site. It will only depress me. I moved from an apartment that had a no pet policy, just so that I could stop hiding my pets! I don't understand people.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
February 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Kijiji bugs me big time. I sometimes visit the Wanted sections though and tell people about the animals in shelters needing homes, though.

duttypaws
February 14th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Kijiji bugs me big time. I sometimes visit the Wanted sections though and tell people about the animals in shelters needing homes, though.

no wonder funnily the one that really upset me was the one with someone wanting to exchange their basset pup for another breed... i thougth they are not toys... urgh...

i have calmed down some today...

Renay
February 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
lol kijiji is useless. In all honesty. I am almost addicted to browsing through the pet section though. I remember a while back there was a lady from st hyascinth who was continuously posting about hairless rats for sale. She was a horrible back yard breeder and she was repeatedly reported to the administration until finally I wrote an ad warning people about her and got emailed a few nice threats lol. Craigslist is growing to be just as bad now to, it really is sad.

Longblades
February 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Isn't UK quarantine six months?

duttypaws
February 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Isn't UK quarantine six months?

as far as Im aware yeah... if you have doggy passports etc now its not only if they dont have the correct documentation as far as I am aware... not sure im planning on staying here just waiting on the immigration to be processed in Canada :wall:

Chris21711
February 15th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I think they did away with quarantine in the U.K. since they became part of the European Union.

littlesuki
February 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
I can't stand people that change there dogs like they change there underwear a new day a new dog. People need to to there home work befor they get a dog make sure it fits your life style... I had a client the other day ask me if i knew some one who wanted a yorkie there friend was moving into there new home that they have been working on for tyhe past 3 years and they did not want any thing messed up make me sick some people have right to have a dog. :dog: