Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog grooming as a career?

bear the dog
February 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Does anyone here groom dogs as a career? I'm thinking about a possible career change and it seems like it would be fulfilling. I didn't know if it would be feasible to quit my current FT job and groom FT or if it would be something I'd need to start off with as a side job.

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed! :thumbs up

BusterKitty
February 16th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Wow, that's what my friend wants to be. Apparently, dog/pet groomers get :censored:loads of money. So money + the love of animals = the perfect job? Maybe. It should be pretty rewarding. But you'd better have lots of patience. Fiesty pets are hard to deal with:laughing:

rainbow
February 17th, 2008, 01:29 AM
There are a couple of members here that are dog groomers and will be able to offer you their advice. :)

deb12
February 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I have worked in grooming myself, as an office manager for a groomer in Georgetown, Ontario and yes there is money to be made. The only thing that I warn people about when they say they want to go into grooming is some of the owners can take things too far or very personal, but most of the time people were awesome.

Grooming is a very awesome way to learn about different breeds, now I know I have been on the boards asking about things and breeds, but in grooming you only learn about certain ones sometimes. All I know is I love bathing the dogs the most, the animals are the best. :cloud9:

Deb :thumbs up