Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chocolate

TinaMcq
February 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
My dog ate two pieces of chocolate. He is a samll dog the vet says he weighs 7.7lbs. What should I watch out for? How dangerous is it?

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Baking chocolate is the worst and milk chocolate is the least dangerous. This site lists the symptoms ....

http://mmpinschersminiature.homestead.com/files/CHOCOLATE_TOXICITY2.htm

I hope your dog will be okay. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 07:26 PM
This site has a toxicity amount chart at the bottom of the page....

http://www.beaglesunlimited.com/beaglehealth_chocolatetoxicosis.htm

TinaMcq
February 12th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Thank you both for those sites now I know what to look for so far so good.

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Glad to hear that he's okay so far. That website said that it can take up to 24 hr. for symptoms to show. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

TinaMcq
February 13th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Its really hard to say when and if he did get it, it was with a gift my grandma received with a bag and cards she couldn't find it I did I gave her the bag and cards and she said where is the chocolate I said there was no chocolate however skipper was sniffing around that area like crazy so I was assuming he got it. He is fine today nothing seems to be happening.....