-->

Sex Offender wins lotto

Love4himies
February 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Disgusting:

One of most notorious sex offenders in Mass. wins $10 million in state lottery

Published: Monday, February 11, 2008 | 4:45 PM ET

Canadian Press: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BOSTON - A man listed as one of the state's most dangerous sex offenders has won $10 million in the Massachusetts lottery, but the attention may have landed him in new trouble.

Daniel Snay had been living and working in Massachusetts since 2004. In January, he paid $20 for a "Billion Dollar Blockbuster" scratch ticket at a suburban convenience store and hit the jackpot. He picked up the first of 20 annual cheques for $500,000 on Jan. 30.

The Massachusetts Lottery Commission said he gambled legally, but his story caught the attention of police in neighbouring Connecticut.

That's where Snay had lived for several years and where, officials said, he failed to inform authorities he was moving out of state.

Connecticut police said Snay could face up to five years in prison if convicted of failing to notify authorities of his change of address, a felony.

He said Snay hadn't confirmed his address for the Connecticut sex offender registry since May 2004, although that state requires address verification every 90 days.
"We're trying to determine when he moved, why he didn't register with us and whether any charges are warranted," Tate said.

Snay, 56, a divorced father of five, was convicted several times of indecent assault and battery between 1974 to 1987.

Two of the assaults were on a child under the age of 14.

The Canadian Press, 2008

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 09:03 AM
there are no words to describe how i feel about child molesters.

-ash

jessi76
February 12th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I saw this story on our local news last night.... personally, I think he should have to donate every penny. the lottery doesn't do background checks on winners though. I think there was another story recently too, of another criminal who won money. it's seems to be happening more & more lately. and yes, sick, disgusting, and not deserved what so ever. I really think every penny should be donated to awareness groups, charities, and programs to help the victims.

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 09:27 AM
as per our justice system here in the US.... they ahve already done time for their crimes. thats their atonement. too bad its not a CRIME but a mental illness. until we start treating it as a mental illness... *sigh*

-ashley