Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Squiggys surgery day....Mommy is sad!

Purpledomino
February 12th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Okay.............so I've been through this many, many times before but it just doesn't get any easier. This morning is Squiggys neuter surgery...and his umbilical hernia repair. I guess my nerves come from not knowing if his pre-surgery bloodwork will be okay, and the thought of him thinking that I'm abandoning him there. I know these silly fears are just that.......but if you've been there you understand. The real challenge is going to be keeping my other Minpin from mauling him when he gets home....she is going to want to play!

Wish us luck.....gotta go.......:cry:

Love4himies
February 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Sending him some :goodvibes:.

I am sure everything will go just fine.

Frenchy
February 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Don't you worry mom , we will all think of Squiggys today and everything will go just fine. :grouphug:

boosbe
February 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
:goodvibes: Hope he has a fast recovery!

Purpledomino
February 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes.... :o Well the vet tech just called to let me know that my little Squigg is Cryptorchid. Poor little guy will probably have to spend the night as the surgery goes into his abdomen to search for the testicle. I'll call later to check on him. :fingerscr

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Poor Squiggy. :grouphug: My husky was cryptorchid as well. We were lucky that the missing testicle was easy to find. I hope that they find Squiggy's easily as well. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

14+kitties
February 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM
:fingerscr for Squiggy. Poor gaffer. I am sure he will come through with flying colours. :goodvibes: and a :grouphug: for mom.

chico2
February 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Poor Squiggy and poor mom,in a couple of days this will all be forgotten..
I think all of us hate to leave our animals at the vet,thinking they believe they are abandonned.
There is no better feeling,than to pick them up and bring them home,give them lots of pampering and loving.
I hope Squiggy will be ok and comes home tomorrow,if not today:dog:

Love4himies
February 13th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Sending Squiggy double :goodvibes::goodvibes: and a :grouphug: to mom.

Purpledomino
February 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Squiggy is coming home this morning...I can pick him up at ten. :lovestruck:

A funny thing happened when I called the vet tech yesterday to check on him, she told me how wonderful he was, friendly with everyone, and how he was her favourite patient that day. Also how they just took the catheter out, and he just peed in his litter box. She rambled on about "him" for awhile, until I asked if my vet found the testicle easily. :eek: There was an awkward silence..........then she profusely appologized, as she had mistaken my Squiggy for a patient cat called "Squeaky". It was funny, and alot of what she said didn't make sense, because Squiggs is pretty shy and reserved with people he doesn't know, and she said he was "eating like a horse"....that didn't sound right either.....lol.

14+kitties
February 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yay Squiggy!!!! Now he can recoup at home where he is comfortable. He will be back to his old self in no time.

krdahmer
February 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
:goodvibes: for a speedy recovery!

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 12:23 PM
as she had mistaken my Squiggy for a patient cat called "Squeaky". It was funny,

Happened to me too. I got Monsieur le chat neutered at a new vet , when I called them to know if I could pick him up , the girl said : No , his paws are still bleeding a lot !

Me = :eek:

Started to scream at her : you better not have declawed my cat ! you were only suppose to neuter him !!! She came back saying she had my cat confuse with another one !

So ... it's noon, Squiggy must be back home ? :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I hope Squiggy is resting comfortably at home, now! :fingerscr How far did they have to explore to find the undescended testicle? :eek: Poor guy... But now he'll heal fast and be back playing with his minpin girl in no time! :thumbs up

Love4himies
February 13th, 2008, 02:30 PM
How is he doing?

rainbow
February 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Wishing Squiggy a speedy recovery. :fingerscr :goodvibes: Was the lost marble easy to find? :D

ancientgirl
February 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Hey, I'm glad Sqiggy is okay. I'm sure he'll be running around in no time.

Purpledomino
February 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Wheeew.........we are home. :thumbs up Squiggs was absolutely bursting with excitement to leave the vet today, and was moving around so much I was worried he was going to pull some sutures out. I had to try to calm him in the truck before I could tackle the icy roads home, but now he's resting comfortably here on my lap in his blanket. :sleepy:

He has three incisions, two for the cryptorchid surgery, and a little one that repaired his umbilical hernia. She pulled alot of deciduous teeth too...so I'm glad they sent me home with Metacam for four days for him. He got his Rabies (the breeder didn't give it) and microchip, so he pretty much had an overhaul in there.

Emmy who was so depressed yesterday with him gone was ecstatic when he got home, and of course tried to get all over him. For the time being if he's not with me he will be in the safety of his x-pen in the kitchen so she cannot maul him.

He was very hungry, so he got his favourite Merricks puppy plate which he had no problem eating with his sore mouth mixed with green tripe which he equally loves. He actually looks thinner from just the one day without food, poor little guy....or maybe Mom is just delusional. :o

Thankyou for all your concern with Squiggy... I appreciate all of the good wishes. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yay! :highfive: Glad to hear he's home and enjoying his food already! :grouphug: