Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

rescuing kittens...fixing...

duttypaws
February 11th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I have been told about 2 kittens that are needing a home... problem... they are not fixed (both female) or vaccinated.... so I know that they would eventually go into heat and need injections :frustrated: sooo does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to neuter a cat? as I was going to take the 2... as they are sisters and would be lovely company...

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I have been told about 2 kittens that are needing a home... problem... they are not fixed (both female) or vaccinated.... so I know that they would eventually go into heat and need injections :frustrated: sooo does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to neuter a cat? as I was going to take the 2... as they are sisters and would be lovely company...

If you call around , you may get some vets to give you a break with the cost. And there is an organization that helps with the cost but they only deal with 3-4 vets in the South Shore and they're not the best of vets .... it would cost you $60.00 per cat.

duttypaws
February 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
yeah i figured as much and well there are loads of cats who want a home who are already fixed (im shocked to see so many on craigslist and kijji)...

im wanting an older cat anyway ... so will wait... till i have the $$ to adopt 2... :) (i dont want one to get lonely)

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 09:00 PM
yeah i figured as much and well there are loads of cats who want a home who are already fixed (im shocked to see so many on craigslist and kijji)...

I know :sad: and most of them are "free to a good home" :sad: or "free , must give asap" :mad:

loopoo
February 11th, 2008, 10:58 PM
"I know and most of them are "free to a good home" or "free , must give asap"

No i dont know how to insert previous comments into my posts yet:)

dont get me even started on that.... i could devote a whole new post to some of the craigslist ad posters..:wall: but i wont..:angel:

kiara
February 12th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Vanier College does low cost spay and neuter, which is done by students, supervised by vets., call Linda Campbell 514-744-7500 ext. 7589. Also some vets help strays and if you tell them these are strays, and you want to keep them, the vet might be able to help you. You can phone local vets in your neighborhood.

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Before I found out Czarina was spayed, my vet said she would have spayed her via the Cat Network and it would probably have cost me nothing, since she was considered a stray.

Definitely talk to your vet. Knowing you will be the person giving these two little ones a home, may push them to help a bit more.

duttypaws
February 12th, 2008, 06:47 PM
well.... the little paws centre is closing they posted for help on craigslist... :pawprint:

http://montreal.craigslist.ca/pet/563526580.html

so i think i will look here but i cant get one for another few months at least...

the post that annoys me is "im looking for a cute dog" we all know where that will go once the puppy grows! :wall::wall::wall: