Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possible Pit Bull Ban In Montreal

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
A Pit Bull ban is being considered in the Montreal downtown borough. I just heard this on the Rick Peterson Show, CJAD am800. I just checked their site to find more info but was not successful. Does anyone else know more about this?

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Here's the story, updated 1 hour ago in the Montreal Gazette.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=faa2f837-1760-447f-bed8-67ac042ca315&k=87817

Ville Marie to curtail number of dogs

Jan Ravensbergen
The Gazette

Monday, February 11, 2008

Pit bulls and pit-bull crossbreeds are to be banned from Montreal's downtown and pet-owners limited to two dogs at a time in public spaces, Jean-Yves Duthel, a spokesperson for the Ville Marie borough, said Monday.

The proposed bylaw changes could be approved by borough council as soon as April or May, he added - and take effect well in advance of the peak summer dog season.

"Professional dog-walkers" would be exempted from the two-pooch limit, Duthel added, as part of a package of changes that could be presented to the borough council as early as March 4.

Under borough rules, these could not be adopted until the following meeting, in early April.

Duthel said he could not disclose the proposed wording, because enforcability and clarity are still being examined by legal counsel.

The number of documented dog-bites of humans in the borough jumped to 19 last year from five in 2006, Duthel said.

In each case, he added, the dog's owner was ticketed by police But an unknown number of other dogbites never show up in statistics because they are not reported to police, and thus are not ticketed, Duthel added.

"Incidents are multiplying," he said: More than 200 complaints specifically regarding ill-behaviour by dogs - or

an absence of pet control shown by their owners - were called in to the access Ville Marie phone service from last April, when the borough created such a category of statistics, through to October, Duthel said.

Muzzles would also be made obligatory for ill-behaved dogs, Duthel said, adding that the exact wording of such a provision is also under scrutiny by borough lawyers.

The same proviso applies to a proposed new power over pets to be provided to police - the explicit authority to shoot dogs who are not rabid "on the spot" if they show other serious misbehavior that Duthel said he could not immediately specify.

Some homeless people, often young, camp with considerably more than two dogs in downtown public spaces such as parks and streets during the summer.

Duthel said these bylaw changes are not aimed exclusively against the homeless or their dogs.

For one thing, he said, many homeless have breeds of dogs other than pit bulls or pit-bull crossbreeds.

Municipal bylaws governing pets and pet-owners were last revised about half a century ago, Duthel said.

jesse's mommy
February 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Noooooooooo! That would be horrible.

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
How sad :sad: and totally unfair !!! :yell: :wall:

Rottielover
February 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM
They are already banned in many burrows here. Pierrefonds being on of them. I believe dollard has a strict rule with them, rottweilers, and mastif type breeds as well.
When I moved here, I called the city.. Lachine also has a ban

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
No way ! :wall: I can't believe this ! They talk about dog bites but they don't say which breeds are on THAT list ! Like all the bites were from pitbulls ? :rolleyes:

How about a ban on morons ? I've been waiting for this for such a long time !

Rottielover
February 11th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Oh me too..me too

ancientgirl
February 11th, 2008, 08:20 PM
When will people realize it's not the dog they should ban, but the people who own them and fight them.

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Oh me too..me too

ok so everyone with me ? Let's start a petition against the pit ban and another FOR the morons ban ! :crazy:

But really , we do have time to turn this around.....

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Next council meetings, Ville Marie borough, 7 pm, March 6th at: Centre communautaire et culturel chinois de Montréal, 1088, rue Clark.

Plateau Mont Royal borough, 7 pm, March 5th at: Maison de la culture du Plateau Mont-Royal, 465, avenue du Mont-Royal Est

Apparently there's more than one borough that's considering the ban to become effective within the next two months. I'm waiting for some additional information and will post here as soon as I receive it.

ancientgirl
February 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
ok so everyone with me ? Let's start a petition against the pit ban and another FOR the morons ban ! :crazy:

But really , we do have time to turn this around.....

I'm ALL for banning morons!

pitgrrl
February 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM
:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::y ell::yell::yell::yell:

So, anyone want to go to a borough meeting with me?

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Count me in pitgrrl; you needn't ask.

Is this the first you've heard of it? It's come on so sudden and they want to pass the bylaw by April. I wonder what's the rush and how come the public was not made aware of the boroughs' intentions sooner :frustrated: .

wdawson
February 11th, 2008, 10:44 PM
i'm behind you ...... seems like you are about to become just like us in ontario:sad:.....when will the madness stop.

pitgrrl
February 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Okay, after a little break for a freak out, it seems like perhaps something needs to be done about this, and fast.

I have no idea what though, I don't even know how exactly city government works. If there are people who want to work on this though, I'm so willing to do whatever.

ETA: is there any way of finding out who exactly is proposing this? Would it be a specific council member? The borough mayor?
Perhaps an info package could be put together for council members ahead of time, and then get people actually at the council meetings?

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I'm keeping watch on the boroughs' websites but haven't found any news yet.

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_pageid=66,48068&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I've emailed Rick Peterson and was directed to the article in the Gazette. I'm now waiting for a response from the journalist who authored the story.

Not sure if other local animal rights groups are even aware yet :shrug: . I've been checking the websites and haven't seen anything there yet either. I'm also on several mailing lists but no news :shrug: .

Just let as many people as possible know. As more info becomes available soon, we can decide 'where to' from there.

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Jean-Yves Duthel is the spokesman for the Ville Marie borough. I think I'll try getting in touch with the city tomorrow and see what exactly is going on. Apparently this isn't new :shrug:; as the article states, statistics were being gathered starting in April, 07. Looks like it's been in the plans since then?

wdawson
February 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM
i'll email babyrocky......she should be able to give you some pointers.

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks wdawson.

pitgrrl
February 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I just wish I knew what the real reason was. I seems like increased dog bites and threatening behavior could be easily resolved by just actually enforcing the leash laws. It's also bizarre that the article states specifically that it's not about "the homeless and pit bulls", so why make it breed specific?

If this actually is just as straight forward as they're saying it is, then wouldn't there be better, cheaper, more easily enforced ways to stop dogs from biting people? Again :yell::yell::yell:

ETA: Maybe getting in touch with the Dog Legislative Council of Canada would be a good idea? I know the Ottawa rep, but I'm not sure if they have anyone in Quebec.

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Perhaps an info package could be put together for council members ahead of time, and then get people actually at the council meetings?

I just saw this. Definitely a good opportunity to educate.

jiorji
February 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Streets and Basil:grouphug:

wdawson
February 11th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks wdawson.

keep checking your pm's over the next day or so....i didn't want to give out your email so i said to pm you.

wdawson
February 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM
you can also email this anti bsl group.
http://www.advocatesfortheunderdog.com/main.html
http://www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com
http://www.pitbullproject.ca
http://www.bulliesinneed.ca/bin.htm
http://www.bannedaid.com

and i think you can find the transcripts for the ontario law here
http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=323&isCurrent=false&ParlSessionID=38%3A1

i hope this helps

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Great links, ty. Pitgrrl, how's your French? Know anyone who could translate all this info?

wdawson
February 12th, 2008, 12:02 AM
well night lp and growler......good luck lp in the fight:thumbs up

badger
February 12th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Is this an initiative of LaBonté, the Ville Marie mayor (recently 'demoted' by Tremblay, because he's a clown) - if so, this legislation is, in part, targeted directly at a particular homeless guy who up until recently had nine dogs. He has had several run-ins with the law but has always managed to defend himself. Fairly smart guy, his dogs look reasonably healthy but I still feel sorry for them. One bit a woman (sounds like he was startled) and they seized two of them and are applying to have them euthanized. Anyway, his lawyer, who was working pro bono, has bowed out. I don't know who is helping him.

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Unfortunatley, it will also target all Pit Bulls (+ mixes) in the Montreal area :mad:.

Melinda
February 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I wish you guys all the luck in the world and sooo hope it doesn't turn into another "ontario", this is a silly little thing, but Brina (labX), my dog, is a semi-large black mix, small eyes, wide forehead etc, you get the idea, I've been asked a few times if there is a "pitti" mix in her background, I honestly don't think so because I saw both parents, course you never know whats in a glorious mutt, right? but all it takes is one nasty neighbour here to call and say "I think............." anyways, I have a wonderful wonderful vet who put down on Brina's papers "pure american field lab" because she is a smaller version of a black lab, I don't know if that will help any of you, but speak to your vet. arm yourself with any thing you can, bill 132 (Ontario ban) is a terrible thing, do anything to stop it.....I wish you all luck and will sign any petition going around that you guys start.

Rottielover
February 12th, 2008, 08:13 AM
LP let me know, I will get a sitter. Which day are you going to. The next on the Breed ban list is my baby, so I am so in.... Keep me posted. The sitter will be ok...

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 08:44 AM
man, this all sounds like a bunch of witch hunts of the dark ages. thats not where you live pitgrrl???

-ash

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
man, this all sounds like a bunch of witch hunts of the dark ages. thats not where you live pitgrrl???

-ash

I live the the Plateau borough, but I work in Ville-Marie and often take the dogs to work with me. If this goes through it's a serious nightmare for me in terms of living situation.

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 09:18 AM
*blinks* sorry.... my knowledge of Montreal (Canada in general) is quite sparse.... :o does that translate into "i sorta live there and yes, would be affected by this"???

-ash

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, that's about the idea. If they ban pit bull in the Ville Marie borough it would basically mean I can walk the dogs from my house to about 4 blocks away from work and would then have to stop, it's essentially banning them from a neighbourhood.

If they ban them from the borough I live in, I really have no idea what I would do, move to Vancouver maybe?:laughing:

Chris21711
February 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Here in Ontario, they kindly grandfathered existing Pitties, although they have to wear a muzzle at all times in public. Even if you have owned one for several years but it is not documented, then it is illegal in their eyes. To have paperwork to substantiate ownership is crucial.
They had advice from every source that there was no evidence whatsoever that Pitties were more dangerous than any other dog, to the contrary, but the idiots still went ahead and passed the law.:wall:
In my opinion the main culprits are the media, everytime there was a dog attack, unless it was a Pitbull it didn't receive any exposure

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
In my opinion the main culprits are the media, everytime there was a dog attack, unless it was a Pitbull it didn't receive any exposure

in all seriousness.... we have the same problem down here with blacks and hispanics. i know whites (for the record im white myself) commit crimes, i read about them in the legal section of the news paper.... but its always blacks or hispanics that are brought to your attention on the news. i went a full month documenting the racial differences in whats reported in the local news and whats reported in the local paper and they were stupidly huge. big enough i refuse to watch the news anymore. ill search the web and read the paper thanks.

i told my fishy forum about little Moo, one of the members from Scottland pointed out their pitty ban and asked what the hype was all about, if there was any real reason for the hype... i told her this-

*any* dog can be used for fighting. there are no dogs who are specially bred for dog on dog aggression. pit bulls are no more likely to be aggressive to other dogs than any other dog, nor are they, in normal circumstances, likely to be aggressive towards people, dogs or children.

abnormal circumstances being they are TRAINED to fight other dogs much in the same way police dogs are TRAINED to hunt down and hold people.

i feel rather safe in saying this considering ive been around more than a few pit bulls in my lifetime.

the family you knew who had a puppy and lacked the confidence in handling a DOG.... like every other new dog owner, had a moment lacking in confidence, consistent training and patience.

ive had moments where i was sure my LABRADOR RETRIEVER (americas darling family dog) was going to eat my children... but thats all part of puppy-dom.

dealing with a dog, you first have to deal with your own misconceptions about the breed or mutt blend. only THEN can you learn to handle YOUR puppy and their unique personality.

pitbull advocates will tell you to punish the deed, not the breed. i find a great deal of truth in that.

unfortunately punishing PEOPLE for their crimes COST them money.... banning a 'baby eating puppy' gets them voter support. ignorance feeds ignorance.

-ashley

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 12:20 PM
also to say, now that i think of it, we DO have a city near by that bans viscous breeds (ie pitties, rotties, dobermans.... forgot the rest) and has a size limit... they also have every single business, city vehicles, government building etc in this city use the same 3 colors (the main colors, accenting colors can be different) for consistency and appeal.... there is a city wide ordnance on things like roof peak, fence type and height, number of house hold pets, 8pm-4am curfew for kids under 18... and i forgot the rest of them... but they are all creepy Pleasantville-esque rules and ordnances. the surrounding areas consider them to be where you go when you want everythign perfect... just dont inflict your pastel greens, reds and blues on us.

-ashley

Frenchy
February 12th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Plateau Mont Royal borough, 7 pm, March 5th at: Maison de la culture du Plateau Mont-Royal, 465, avenue du Mont-Royal Est

:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::y ell::yell::yell::yell:

I can't promise anything (I would not be able to make it to MTL for 7 pm) but will try my best.

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Here in Ontario, they kindly grandfathered existing Pitties, although they have to wear a muzzle at all times in public. Even if you have owned one for several years but it is not documented, then it is illegal in their eyes. To have paperwork to substantiate ownership is crucial.
They had advice from every source that there was no evidence whatsoever that Pitties were more dangerous than any other dog, to the contrary, but the idiots still went ahead and passed the law.:wall:

I hope these people have poodles and I hope they bit their :censored: off. Then maybe they'll see it's not just pit bulls that bite!

All dogs bite, and all dogs have the potential to be dangerous. Why oh why don't they realize it's not the dog!

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Here's another article published in today's Montreal Gazette.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/story.html?id=b34aff49-05ee-4db9-a4d9-53a02e9fdb08&k=40016

Ville Marie calling dog owners to heel

JAN RAVENSBERGEN
The Gazette

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dog owners downtown are soon going to find themselves on a much shorter leash - probably facing stiff new rules by April or May.

Visitors or homeless people with unruly pooches will also be called to heel, at least if the Ville Marie borough has its way.

Owners will be limited to two dogs outdoors at a time, whether walking on sidewalks, playing in parks or elsewhere.

Pit bulls will be barred from the downtown borough.

Muzzles will also be made obligatory for particularly ill-behaved canines in public spaces.

For the first time, police will be specifically empowered to shoot on sight dogs considered very dangerous.

The far-reaching crackdown - aimed at controlling an increasing number of problem pooches in the city's core - has been under quiet study by borough mayor Benoît Labonté, council members and other officials since last September, Ville Marie spokes-person Jean-Yves Duthel said yesterday.

The changes will extend far beyond a simple tightening of leash laws, he added:

n Pit bulls and pit-bull crossbreeds are to be banned from Ville Marie, which covers 14.5 square kilometres and has 78,876 human residents but, with dog-licensing laws ignored by many, is also home for an unknown number of dogs.

n Professional dog-walkers might be exempted from the new two-pooch limit. "We are considering" whether such dog-walkers could be provided with a licence allowing them to take out more than two at a time, Duthel said, but "no decision on this has been made."

n Muzzles would be made mandatory outdoors for ill-behaved dogs, although he refused to provide a precise standard.

n Police officers would be granted explicit authority to shoot - "on the spot" - dogs that show "very dangerous" behaviour. Such life or death power for police is currently restricted to dealing with out-of-control dogs that appear to have rabies, Duthel said. Officers could resort to either conventional weapons or tranquilizer darts, he added.

The measures, Duthel said, are all designed to protect increasingly uncomfortable pedestrians from dogs accompanied by negligent, careless or discourteous owners, particularly during the summer.

He cited a sharp rise in dog bites - 19 were reported to police downtown last year, up almost fourfold from the five reported in 2006 - as well as an upsurge in other public complaints about dogs.

An increasing number of homeless people, many of them young, have been camping out in the city's centre during recent summers accompanied by packs of dogs.

These new measures are not aimed solely that those dog owners, Duthel said - but they are being equally targeted.

"Even the homeless," Duthel added, "are saying we should do something about this."

The changes will mark the first significant overhaul of pet bylaws since the 1950s, he added.

Precise wording is being scrutinized by borough lawyers in an effort to remove ambiguities or other grounds for legal challenges, he said, including possible challenges from homeless persons or groups arguing discrimination.

Existing bylaws don't even make it explicit that dogs on the streets or sidewalks must be leashed, according to Duthel.

Each Montreal household is already limited to two mature dogs; newborn puppies can't be kept longer than three months.

Fines for those who are caught breaking the toughened bylaws will be increased, Duthel said, from the current $100 plus costs for a first offence, although "I can't say now by how much."

The changes could be presented to the borough council as early as March 4, its next meeting, Duthel said.

They would then be voted on at the council's subsequent meeting, scheduled for April 1.

While police issue a ticket to dog-owners whenever a bite is reported to them, Duthel said, an unknown number of bites never show up in statistics because they aren't reported.

Police issued a total of 43 tickets for unruly pet behaviour - including dog bites - across Ville Marie in 2007, Duthel said, more than double the 2006 total of 18.

Even when they don't result in a ticket, he said, "incidents are multiplying."

More than 200 dog complaints were phoned to the Access Ville Marie service between last April and October, Duthel said, either about unruly dogs or absent owners.

Pit bulls are already banned in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, Duthel said.

"To restrict people to two (dogs at a time on walks) is unfair," said Rona Dermer, who owns two poodles and frequently exercises three of four dogs at a time for friends and neighbours in the Shaughnessy Village neighbourhood on the west side of Ville Marie.

"Some people can handle four or more," Dermer argued.

janr@thegazette.canwest.com

TOO RUFF?

Or are these controls overdue? Have your say on the proposed changes to Ville Marie's dog bylaws, at montrealgazette.com

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
So I think I just got conned into an interview for the gazette. If they mis-quote me, you guys can't hold it against me.:o

jiorji
February 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
So I think I just got conned into an interview for the gazette. If they mis-quote me, you guys can't hold it against me.:o

will there be a Streets and Basil portrait shot in there??:D

I hope your interview raises the needed awareness and opens eyes.

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 02:52 PM
All dogs bite, and all dogs have the potential to be dangerous. Why oh why don't they realize it's not the dog!

I wouldn't say all dogs bite but, yes, each and every dog has the potential given the right circumstances. I can't think of any humans who wouldn't become aggressive (defensive or offensive) if given the right circumstances either. There are more injuries and deaths intentionally caused by humans than there are by dogs. Are we going to start banning and euthanizing certain types of people too just because that potential exists?

Chris21711
February 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Duthel says: "they are already banned in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver", why does he centre on two cities in Ontario or maybe he has not heard its all of Ontario, another misinformed official.
Try not to bite Pitgrrl when they are interviewing you.:laughing:

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't say all dogs bite but, yes, each and every dog has the potential given the right circumstances. I can't think of any humans who wouldn't become aggressive (defensive or offensive) if given the right circumstances either. There are more injuries and deaths intentionally caused by humans than there are by dogs. Are we going to start banning and euthanizing certain types of people too just because that potential exists?

Unfortunately lawmakers don't see things that way.

I feel terrible for these dogs and their owners. It's things like this that continue to perpetuate the myth of the aggressive pit bull that will bite you just for being next to it.

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hi all, Wdawson, did email me, SHOOOOOT ... okay, well, DLCC is your best bet, they have the most experience and background to help and it is within their mandate... I am going to there site now.. (there chat group is private) to see if they are on it yet or not...Ill be back soon...
The first thing I can think of is to find politicians and or media types that are sympathetic... and start a lobby here of people who will speak.... If you need information and stats to back you up, you can look to the Ontario Parliamentry Hearings... etc.

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
they are just starting to talk about it now, I posted that there are people here who need help to fight it.. they are just talking about the news paper article though...

chico2
February 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I :pray:this is not going to happen in Montreal,but it probably will,just like in Ontario and it sickens me.
The problem is the media,for sure,I think a majority of people have never even met a Pit-bull and probably think they are born vicious:wall:
I have to admit,until I met a young mans 2 beautiful Pit-bulls and joined the Forum,read about Luckys beautiful Chloe,I probably thought the same.
People are just not going to be upset at banning a dog that supposedly mauls babies:yell:
I know you people in Quebec have more spunk than the average Ontarian and hope hope if you shout loud enough banning any living beeing,just won't happen.:pray:

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Exactly, the media starts it to sell papers etc. and then some immoral politician
decides to use the medial hype to get them selves attention... agh.... but definatly there is a ton of info just sitting there in hansard that PROVES that BSL is a bad idea, you need to point the city in the direction of Calgary, who everyone on "our side" wants to model.. so that way you go in with positive. intelligent, alternatives.
It seems to me that what needs to happen right now is to build your network of people to fight this.. whats the humane society like there for instance..?
Here they spoke against the ban... Its relatively easy to prove that bsl is a bad idea, but if the people proposing it aren't interested in public safety they tend to do what will benefit their careers.. I don't know the people involved but their motivations are what you need to concern your selves with... if they are sincere and read the evidence presented they will come out against bsl.. if they aren't, you have Ontario:yell:

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
http://jmac53.bravejournal.com/
heres one of the blogs that people read that might help with info, there are lots more but i dont' know how to post the links all at once lol Ill keep adding them!http://caveat.blogware.com/
this last one, Caveat links you to every thing else you need, including Steves blog but i will post that one as well cause they are both really helpful.. I will also post on our facebook group and see who we have in Montreal.

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
http://chicobandido.blogspot.com/
This is Steves Blog, he will have lots of advice for lobbying! I think you guys who are trying to organize should try facebook, www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com is our website which is linked to the facebook group which is linked to lots of other anti bsl groups and would be a good way to find lots of people to help quickly!
It would be very good for launching an email campaign too.

coppperbelle
February 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I haven't had a chance to read all the posts so somoene may have already mentioned this. Last week on CJAD they were talking about a homeless guy whose dog which happened to be part Pit had bitten a police officer and then a man who happened to be walking by. He was fighting to keep his dogs from being euthanized. Apparently this is not the first time this guy had a dog that has bitten.

This is the kind of story that will be used to try to get this ban passed.

I saw this coming last week after I heard the radio show.

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 07:06 PM
There's now an online poll where, so far, over 70% of respondents support the proposed bylaw banning Pit Bulls :wall: :wall: :wall: .

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/index.html

wdawson
February 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
have you posted this anywhere else?

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I hate on line polls, they're the most idiotic things with no actual meaning and yet people see them and go "oh look, it must be true that pit bulls are evil, the internet told me so......' :wall:

wdawson
February 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I hate on line polls, they're the most idiotic things with no actual meaning and yet people see them and go "oh look, it must be true that pit bulls are evil, the internet told me so......' :wall:

but that works the other way too:rolleyes:

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I know it works both ways, I just find the assumption that it's somehow representative of the population annoying. In anycase, let's hope lot's of folks vote and it ends up looking good for the bullies.

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Here you go Pitgrrl....

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=7af1ec9d-9bee-4104-92e0-b08c507a835e&k=44932

Pit bulls getting bad rap in Ville Marie, says owner

The Gazette

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The pit bull - or dogs that people call pit bulls- are getting a bum rap in the Ville Marie borough, dog owners say.

Zoë Cousineau has two dogs that some would consider pit bulls, and she is upset about the borough's plan to bar the pet from its streets.

Pit bull is a slang term - it's not in fact a breed, she said yesterday, reflecting the viewpoint of the Canadian Kennel Club, Canada's largest dog registry.

"How will Ville Marie define what is a pit bull and who will make that call?" Cousineau wondered.

Ville Marie will model its bylaw on Ontario's dog-ban law but is still working on the details, borough spokesperson Jean-Yves Duthel said.

Kennel clubs do recognize breeds that resemble the popular image of the pit bull - the American Staffordshire terrier and American bull terrier, which are specified in Ontario's ban along with pit bulls.

Cousineau's about to open an art gallery on Ontario St. E. and hoped to take the pets to work - but not as watchdogs.

"My dogs have more friends than I do in the neighbourhood."

The borough also might include professional dog walkers in the proposal to limit to two the number of dogs one person may walk downtown.

That would be "especially excessive," said Julie Briggs, who walks dogs for Houla Houla Hop.

She suggested issuing permits to dog walkers and setting the limit at six dogs, as Toronto does.

iblock@thegazette.canwest.com

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
have you posted this anywhere else?

Posted? This thread? The articles? I'm trying to forward it on to as many people as I know who may be able to help and/or who may be affected.

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Here you go Pitgrrl....

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=7af1ec9d-9bee-4104-92e0-b08c507a835e&k=44932

:laughing:

well it's positive at least.

wdawson
February 12th, 2008, 07:42 PM
where is the online poll?......i read the stories and posted my comment but i don't see a poll:confused:....i mean't the poll,have you posted it on anyother sites

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
It's a small box on the lower right hand side of the page. No I didn't post it elsewhere.

It means absolutely nothing but how many people will make up their minds based on this little box :frustrated: ?

luckypenny
February 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Babyrocky1, thank you so very much for those links. I spent most of the afternoon/evening trying to retain as much info as possible. Have you had a chance to look at them pitgrrl? I think one of the organizations you're already in contact with?

pitgrrl
February 12th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I'm trying to go through the posted links and the stuff I have now. It's all making me very, very frustrated.

Frenchy
February 12th, 2008, 08:44 PM
It's all making me very, very frustrated.

Breathe , and have some chocolate. This is not over. :goodvibes:

wdawson
February 12th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Breathe , and have some chocolate. This is not over. :goodvibes:

far from over....people will and are coming aboard.

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM
We have to keep the thread alive, do you think it might do better in the BSL section.. no one posts there much:sad:
but it would be easier to find...it should be a thread that stays "alive" so to speak.. I voted on the poll but it didn't look very good for us.. i had trouble with the link.. there are some good plans being made on the BIN site and we are trying to get it going of facebook too.
I still think going through hansard is a very good start, W Dawson has posted the link, I'm sure the bloggers will be on this shortly!

babyrocky1
February 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I have a feeling Sara Dog will be posting soon, she is a really good person to have adding her more than two cents worth!

Love4himies
February 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I haven't had a chance to read all the posts so somoene may have already mentioned this. Last week on CJAD they were talking about a homeless guy whose dog which happened to be part Pit had bitten a police officer and then a man who happened to be walking by. He was fighting to keep his dogs from being euthanized. Apparently this is not the first time this guy had a dog that has bitten.

This is the kind of story that will be used to try to get this ban passed.

I saw this coming last week after I heard the radio show.

This tells me that it is the owner, not the dogs that is the common denominator here. Do you know if the the first dog was a pit/pit cross too?

Chris21711
February 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=luckypenny;545824]There's now an online poll where, so far, over 70% of respondents support the proposed bylaw banning Pit Bulls :wall: :wall: :wall: .

The Toronto Star did a poll a few weeks back, asking if the readership thought that Pitties were dangerous, same results over 70% said yes :yell:

It would be nice if the media would print some feel good stories about them, oh I forgot that doesn't sell newspapers.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world in Montreal, hopefully your politicians will listen :fingerscr the bunch of idiots in Ontario just sat there going la la la la.

Babyrock will know better than I, but I think there was one case where the people went to court, they had a PittieX and the Judge ruled that the law was too vague.

pitgrrl
February 13th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I talked to the borough office today (after getting passed around to no less than 6 people at various city offices) and it seems that they are possibly discussing the changes to the by law on March 4 (Marche Bonsecours 350 St. Paul) but, that might change they're not sure yet and the agenda won't be available until 2 or 3 days beforehand. :rolleyes:

Renay
February 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Personally, this whole thing makes my blood boil. APBT's are my favorite breed, and would be a favorite breed of many more people if the media didn't slander them all the time. Everytime there is a dog bite from a medium sized to large dog its a pit bull or pit bull cross who gets blamed. Meanwhile labradors are responsible for biting the most people (i'm not sure whether its the same in Montreal, I read somewhere online that they were the culprits behind most bites in the US because of their sheer numbers.) What ticks me off the most is this whole "shoot on sight" thing... who is going to make the judgement call of what is aggressive and what is not? I mean if a dog barks at someone is it going to wind up with a bullet in its head now? I am so thankful that I do not live in Montreal and if this bylaw is passed I'll be in the SPCA the next day filling out an adoption application because I do not support this and because ignorant people are to blame for what has happened to this once very beloved breed.

babyrocky1
February 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Pitgrrrl, there are a few responses on the facebook co-op site, M from AFTU has mentioned some resources that they have from their London battle, Im kind of out of it tonight, one of our Pittie Co-op members has passed away, so I may be out of the loop for a bit... but there is a discussion started there as well as on the DLCC board and as you know the BIN board... etc....

It seems like they don't want you to be prepared by letting you know a date hmmmm????
They probably don't want the response that the other city councils got.. tooo bad!

If you look under London here, I can't remember the name of the post, there was tons of organizing done on this, the bsl, section...

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
the agenda won't be available until 2 or 3 days beforehand. :rolleyes:

How convenient :frustrated:

I'll pm you my e-mail address so that you can send me the texts you need me to translate.

PennyC
February 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I could not agree more with Renay, I am fuming about this, I hate how people look at these animals, including rotties, dobies, ect. People who dont take proper care of these animals give them a bad reputation for absolutely no reason and the media enforces it. Thiis is a beautiful breed, and i agree with you going to say something, i just feel horrible that there are not more people who see it the same way.

babyrocky1
February 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I talked to the borough office today (after getting passed around to no less than 6 people at various city offices) and it seems that they are possibly discussing the changes to the by law on March 4 (Marche Bonsecours 350 St. Paul) but, that might change they're not sure yet and the agenda won't be available until 2 or 3 days beforehand. :rolleyes:
Do you have a network of supporters there, or are you on your own?
The big thing is gathering a group of sympathetic people in the area... there must be allies somewhere, rescue groups etc?

wdawson
February 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
what about flyers handed out at dog park and pet supply stores.....but only after asking people their thoughts first,don't want the pro bsl crowd there.:evil:....rally all friends and family too....if anyone local knows or has a friend in the media,a local community paper....this might help too:shrug:

babyrocky1
February 13th, 2008, 11:58 PM
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/editorial/story.html?id=53bd6fae-9e1f-4c83-a6e4-20ece494f9f6
I haven't read this yet myself but its supposed to be positive....

babyrocky1
February 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Well that pretty much said it all HUN??? LOL:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up
Sounds like theres actually some intelligent media there, wish we had more like that here in Onscario!

babyrocky1
February 14th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I don't know how many people have been writing the Gazette but I do know that Saradog did, and she also wrote them a thankyou letter for the good article.. so the suggestion is that it might be a good idea for the rest of us to do the same, apparantly she got a nice reply already for her thank you letter.. so someone is actually listening.:pawprint:

Saradog
February 14th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Fair warning, this may be long *L*. This is all just my opinion, take it or leave it.

First, the Montreal Gazette wrote a great editorial today (Feb 13). Write the editors at the Gazette and thank them. We rarely get good press on this issue, encourage it.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/editorial/story.html?id=53bd6fae-9e1f-4c83-a6e4-20ece494f9f6

I wrote to these editors. Make the (at) a @ and take out the spaces, I put the (at) in to fool e-mail harvesters.

rbrassard (at) thegazette.canwest.com
rteague (at) thegazette.canwest.com
aphillips (at) thegazette.canwest.com

Next, I think the people who live in Ville Marie should try to get groups together and make appointments to see the Ville Marie councillors and mayor. Be polite and PERSISTENT. If you get an appointment, dress nicely, be on time, be polite and factual. Make the point that this is about your rights as a responsible dog owner and a tax paying, voting citizen. If Ville Marie passes this law against your property just because of its shape, it makes you into a second-class citizen.

Make a list of talking points and keep going back to it, don't let them knock you off track.

This is a political game, and you have to play by the rules so you don't get dismissed out of hand.

Why was there no public input? Who are their "experts", whom did they consult? The experts testified in Ontario that breed-specific legislation does NOT improve public safety; what do they think they're going to accomplish by reducing the rights of law abiding dog owners, making them into second-class citizens just because of the shape of the property they own - their dogs? Duthel was wrong about BSL in Vancouver, who is advising them on dog law in Canada? I've got a LONG, LONG template letter that has a lot of points in it. If you want the text, write me at sarahavocscrappy (at) hotmail.com and let me know. I am working long hours, don't be surprised if it takes a day or two for me to get back to you.

Organization is key. Pick one person to be the spokesperson, and that person keeps the list of talking points. Polite, reasoned, factual. Emotion and insults get you nowhere fast (I learned that the hard way), and don't make it about the dogs. Make it about the owners and responsible dog owners' rights, because that's really what it's all about. Keep on point.

Donate to Banned Aid, which is trying to beat BSL on a national level. Join the Dog Legislation Council of Canada, so we have more and more members to speak on a national basis for responsible dog owners.

www.bannedaid.com
www.doglegislationcouncilcanada.org

First we have Ontaristan. Now we have Montrealistan.

Good luck.

rottndakota
February 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Hello to all,

The DLCC is working with several concerned dog owners on this matter.It appears that due to the current bad situation at the SPCA ,there are far too many dogs left to their own suffering.These poor dogs have often been taken care of by transients.In one case a young man had 6 or more,one of which bit a lady.

It is vital that we get bums in the seat for when these revisions are due for discussion in council.

As we all know this is not a breed issue,this is an animal control-spca issue and the dogs will be targeted unfairly.

If anyone can help work to coordinate an effort,please email me privately.The DLCC will make sure everyone that needs information to defeat this potential ban will be helped.

president@doglegislationcouncilcanada.org

Renay
February 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I am currently in the process of writing a few thank you letters to the people who wrote the article for the gazette, i am so so so Happy to see that someone has finally stuck up for the underdog... its about time! Im also wondering if it would do any good to email the radio stations, maybe we could get CHOM to say something about it on their morning show?

pitgrrl
February 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I haven't read this yet myself but its supposed to be positive....

I'm probably being a dumb-dumb, but can anyone figure out who wrote this? I can't see an author anywhere......:shrug:

wdawson
February 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
nope :shrug: i must be a dumb dumb too :D

Saradog
February 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I'm probably being a dumb-dumb, but can anyone figure out who wrote this? I can't see an author anywhere......:shrug:

It's written by one of the editors, an editor rarely puts his or her name on an editorial.

Saradog
February 14th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Im also wondering if it would do any good to email the radio stations, maybe we could get CHOM to say something about it on their morning show?

You can try, IMO I can see three outcomes. Depends on the radio station, the host of the show and the station owners.

1. They'll ignore you.

2. They'll have you on and be nice to you.

3. They'll have you on and try to rip you to shreds. You have to be cold and unemotional, have nerves of steel, a quick mind and all the facts at your fingertips, ready to rebut any false statements...and you'll have to rebut three times for every false statement because once heard, never forgotten. And if there are call-ins, be ready for the nutbars and hostility, stay unemotional and on point.

If you know the host you want to approach and KNOW that the person is pibble friendly, it might work. Otherwise, IMO you might be greatly embarrassed and do damage rather than good. If you get emotional, you've lost. Same thoughts as before...you have to make it about owners' rights, don't let them get on the pibble track or knock them off it. If you're an experienced debater, you'll know what I mean.

Saradog
February 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM
rottndakota is right. You have to get faces in front of the mayor and councillors, if you can't see them before you MUST be at the meeting. Fill the room.

Talk to people on the street, in parks, wherever you see someone with a dog that looks "pibbly".

At the meeting, stay unemotional and on point, it's about your rights as responsible dog owners. Emphasize that you will not be made into a second-class citizen.

Renay
February 14th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I am somewhat experienced in debate but I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to keep my emotions in check. I would not be the perfect candidate for this but if someone knew that they could do it a wide number of people could be reached through the radio stations. Also, when I wrote the thank you letter to the people at the gazette I made a polite suggestion that they do a small article on the history of the breed and some of the ACTUAL facts so that people become more aware of what is real, and what is BS like the whole locking jaw :censored: ... whether or not they do it is completely up to them but it would definately appeal to a lot of peoples interests at this time.

Saradog
February 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM
More ammo for your argument...

Check out the Labrador look-a-like sentenced to die for being a "pit bull" in The Gulag of Ontario. Take prints of the article with you. A woman lives near a man who allegedly threatened her, broke down her door, tried to kill her dog and held her at knifepoint...and the McGuinty Liberals just want to kill her dog.

http://caveat.blogware.com/

babyrocky1
February 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Definately take a copy of the lawyers letter to the city! Its posted on Caveat as well, that should scare the BS out of them!:D:D:D

Brooster
February 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM

Yep, most editorials are unsigned.
I generally agree with and am thankfull for the article with one little exception.
Can dogs be bred for aggression? I believe that dogs could be bred for physical strenght which would be an asset when trained for aggression.
I also believe that agression comes from the human end of the leash.

pitgrrl
February 15th, 2008, 09:02 AM
oh this is just lovely.....
I can't tell if it's a case of the person being interviewed having good intentions and being suckered into answer idiotic question or if he's just an idiot :wall:

http://www.montrealmirror.com/2008/021408/people.html

Brooster
February 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I sent Chris Barry an e-mail. Sex with a dog? Just what this poor animal and their owners need to add to the negative stereotyping.
And there's that "bred for" thing again. Loyalty, aggression, how are these mind sets "bred" into a dog. They are learned , after birth, and usually instilled by the training done by the owners.

luckypenny
February 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM
He'd have to be a complete idiot :loser: to have been suckered into answering some of those questions. Sheesh, he just goes down as an moron in my books.

And what's with the Mirror? There's a line between alternative journalism and just sheer stupidity; more :loser:s!

Saradog
February 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
On one hand, we have a "pit bull" seized and ordered killed...scroll down Caveat for pics of Munchie mixed in with pics of purebred Labs.

http://caveat.blogware.com

Then, we have an owner whose lab (not mentioned if he's purebred - or neutered) stolen off the street...

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/304336

You tell me the difference between Munchie and Huckleberry. Why is one a "pit bull" and the other, not?

Economics and demographics, perhaps? Munchie's owners are students; don't know what area they live in. Huckleberry's owner can afford a dog walker and a $15K reward, and appears to live in the Summerhill/Rosedale area of Toronto, very toney.

I feel very sorry for Huckleberry's owner and the dog. That's got to be the worst, never knowing what happened to your dog. This sad story reinforces that a dog must NEVER be left unattended.

SARAH
February 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
No way ! :wall: I can't believe this ! They talk about dog bites but they don't say which breeds are on THAT list ! Like all the bites were from pitbulls ? :rolleyes:

How about a ban on morons ? I've been waiting for this for such a long time !

The trouble is, so many morons and bad-boys from the bas-quartiers have pitts. They breed the most visious ones, make sure to train them to be as bad as they can, and ... give the rest of the pitts a bad name!

I guess the reason it's pitts, is that they aren't as expensive as a true pure-bred fighting dog, so the little creeps can afford to get one.

The Rotts, AmStaffs etc get drawn into the battle because some get crossed with the pitts, and a few of the more "well off" bad boys can afford to move up on the dog-ladder to get those two breeds.

A well behaved, well educated, balanced Rott, AmStaff, pitt, or any other breed of dog, is not dangerous. It's the ownder who is dangerous.

To put it differently:

A car is potentially dangerous, in the hands of a moron! Should we ban all cars because some idiots race on the city streets and kill someone?

A gun, is also only as dangerous as the person holding it. A gun, even loaded, is not dangerous if no one touches it.

Get real politicians! An animal is no more dangerous than it's owner is making it be!

pitgrrl
February 17th, 2008, 01:03 PM
The trouble is, so many morons and bad-boys from the bas-quartiers have pitts. They breed the most visious ones, make sure to train them to be as bad as they can, and ... give the rest of the pitts a bad name!

I really think it's passing the buck to place the blame on people who may appear to be "bad-boys with pitts". How is that any different than any politician coming up with garbage like 'respectable dog owners won't be affected by a ban on pit bulls'?

In my experience the most annoying dog owners, annoying in the sense of allowing their dogs to roam off leash, bugging random strangers and other dogs, not picking up after them, being totally oblivious to their dog's behavior issues,etc., are those who in appearance look like nice respectable dog owners with "nice" respectable dogs.

I think it's also worth pointing out that although careless breeding absolutely produces a ton of sketchy dogs, great dogs with rock solid temperaments also come from some rough beginnings. If the stories of the Vick dogs isn't enough to convince you of that, I'm not sure my personal experience will, but for what it's worth my dogs came off a street corner in St. Henri/Little Burgundy, are mixes that could be called "pit bull type" and are unfazeable.

In any case, the up shot of what I'm trying to say is that there is a problem in this city, and it's not just a few "undesirable" people and their dogs causing them.

I guess the reason it's pitts, is that they aren't as expensive as a true pure-bred fighting dog, so the little creeps can afford to get one.

The Rotts, AmStaffs etc get drawn into the battle because some get crossed with the pitts, and a few of the more "well off" bad boys can afford to move up on the dog-ladder to get those two breeds.

I'm curious what you mean exactly. What pure-bred fighting dogs are you refering to? And are you saying that "pit bull" is not a breed or that APBT are not a breed where as AmStaffs are?

SARAH
February 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
You mean someone passed the Pitt Bull as a breed?

Pit Bull Terriers, yes
Bull terriers also,
Am Staffs
Akitas
and many others, were originally fighting dogs. The Rott was a cattle dog at the start, not a fighter as such.

pitgrrl
February 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'm familiar with the various breeds which, in a slang of sorts, get referred to as pit bulls. I was trying to ask for clarification of what you were saying. Is it that you're using the term "pit bull" to mean mixed breed dogs? Dogs without papers? That those who fight dogs use these mixed breed and/or unpapered dogs because they can't afford an AmStaff or an Akita?

I also understand what Rotts where traditionally used for, it was your post that mentioned the use of them in the context of fighting dogs.

I'm genuinely just confused and would like to understand what you're saying:shrug:

chico2
February 17th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I honestly think people are crazy,paranoid and completly out of whack.
Every day I am reading about yet another innocent pittie looked up on deathrow OMG,what absolute lunacy:yell:
In the meantime thousands of $$$ is beeing spent in the courts,I wish our government could use this money to educate people,teach them that "pit-bulls"are just dogs,dogs who want to live and deserve to live,just as much as any other dog.
But for that it takes a gutsy politician,something we are sorely lacking:wall:
Mr Bryant,unfortunately has already convinced most people,Pit-Bulls are killers and I can still hear the moron,,,Ban,Ban,Ban the pit-bull:mad:

babyrocky1
February 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
You mean someone passed the Pitt Bull as a breed?

Pit Bull Terriers, yes
Bull terriers also,
Am Staffs
Akitas
and many others, were originally fighting dogs. The Rott was a cattle dog at the start, not a fighter as such.

Michael Bryant named "pit bull" as a breed, it is still worded that way on the government web site even though the term was struck down as unconstitutional by the judge...!
One of the lawyers actually said "theres no such thing as Pit bulls" ! Yet we still have a ban:wall:

chico2
February 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
It's ironic that todays Toronto Star features a whole page devoted to the rehab of Vicks Pitties at Best Friends and other sanctuaries in the US,while here in Ontario pitties are on deathrow,for nothing,other than beeing born pitties or looking like one:evil:

pitgrrl
February 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM
hey Montreal people, do any of you have a bit of time on your hands to help out with a couple of things?

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 11:31 AM
hey Montreal people, do any of you have a bit of time on your hands to help out with a couple of things?

I'm here for the translation :thumbs up

pitgrrl
February 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Frenchy, you're awesome! I may just be sending you a short little thing, onceI figure it out in english :laughing:

Frenchy
February 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM
It's the least I can do.

pitgrrl
February 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
http://montrealcaninecoalition.blogspot.com/

Both french and english articles are collected here.

Frenchy
February 25th, 2008, 12:19 PM
http://montrealcaninecoalition.blogspot.com/

Both french and english articles are collected here.

It won't open on my computer here (at work) but I will check it out tonight :thumbs up

pitgrrl
February 29th, 2008, 04:27 PM
So interestingly the bylaw changes are not on the agenda for the borough council meeting on Tuesday. The expectation is that it will appear at the next meeting, which is the first Tuesday in April.

luckypenny
February 29th, 2008, 05:10 PM
It might be a good idea to show up at the next meeting nevertheless :shrug: .

Frenchy
February 29th, 2008, 09:04 PM
pitgrrl , there will be a manifestation in front of the MTL spca on Sunday , I don't know if you live near but if you happen to go there with petitions .... ;) you might get some signatures.

Saradog
March 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM
So interestingly the bylaw changes are not on the agenda for the borough council meeting on Tuesday. The expectation is that it will appear at the next meeting, which is the first Tuesday in April.

Don't count on that. Make sure there are representatives at every council meeting. Councils have been known to vote on law three times at one meeting and pass it in one night.

pitgrrl
March 8th, 2008, 01:42 PM
It wasn't read through at the last meeting. Someone did question the council about it and was basically brushed off, and that was about the extent of it.

The theory is that it will be on the agenda for the meeting on April 1st, but of course they don't post the agenda until a day or two before.

maat<sbt
August 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
*bump

any updates on this BSL?

I would hate to see montreal.. go 'a la' toronto..

pitgrrl
August 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Well, NDG seems to be considering a ban......
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=638224#post638224