Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stray cat rescued

chico2
February 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I just talked to Luba on the phone,her computer is down,that's why she has not been here.
She had tricked the stray cat she was feeding,inside to her basement and that's where he will stay until it gets warmer.
He apparently licked his paws and the got stuck to Lubas concrete steps outside,it was -17C this morning,no cat should be out in that cold,so I am glad she has him inside.
She is full of questions though,never had a cat before and probably cannot keep this one,she just want him to be warm and fed for now.
Her mom is terrified of cats,otherwise that poor kitty would have a home with them.
She's hoping to be back soon:cat:

SnowDancer
February 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
But, chico, you aren't afraid of cats! Who knows, maybe Luba's mom will take to the kitty. I had a cousin who was terrified of cats - she had been attacked by a feral cat years before (I remember - it wasn't pretty) - so I was very surprised to find out nearly 25 years down the road that she had adopted 5 cats.

Winston
February 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Good to know Luba is not MIA or we would have had to start the pets.ca investigation! :laughing::laughing: Thanks Chico!

Cindy

chico2
February 12th, 2008, 07:30 AM
But, chico, you aren't afraid of cats! Who knows, maybe Luba's mom will take to the kitty. I had a cousin who was terrified of cats - she had been attacked by a feral cat years before (I remember - it wasn't pretty) - so I was very surprised to find out nearly 25 years down the road that she had adopted 5 cats.

No,I am not afraid of cats,although I had about 4 frenzied attacks by Rocky over 12yrs,resulting in lenghty treatments,ER visits etc...there always is an explanation,as to why animals do the things they do..
Luba was extatic this morning,the kitty went in THE BOX:thumbs up

Lukka'sma
February 12th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I hope Luba's computer problems get fixed soon, she always has informative input for us:thumbs up

14+kitties
February 12th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I am so glad Luba caught the kitty! I guess she knows for sure he is a male now.:o Too bad her mom is afraid of cats. It sounds like she has developed a bond with this fellow.

It is too cold outside for all animals. I locked the kitty door on the catuary the other day too. Let me tell you, I have some ticked off kitties but they are warm and that is what matters!
And too funny that the investigation would have gone underway again if she was missing for too long. :thumbs up

SnowDancer
February 12th, 2008, 10:56 AM
With today's crappy weather am very happy Luba got than kitty inside. Not sure what it is like in Oakville, but we live in East York which I think is pretty close to Luba's house so it must be snowing hard there to.

chico2
February 13th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I got this e-mail from Luba,apparently her e-mail works,but nothing else.
I have her permission to copy and paste,now lets see if I can do it:laughing:

I just heard from the lady with Toronto Cat Rescue who took my little abandoned boy to the vet this afternoon.

He's not well, he's fighting off some type of infection. He has terrible teeth, they may need to extract several. He has three canines left and one has already fallen out on it's own. Vet said his mouth and colouring does not look healthy, lots of infection. His body is full of sores and fleas as well as many horrible mats. He'll probably need to be shaved if they can't cut them out. He's in pain as well and has definitely been having a rough go of life. Rescue estimated he might be about 6yrs old but they're not sure. He'll be on antibiotics for atleast 2 weeks if not longer until dental infection has subsided. He'll then be sedated and the bad teeth extracted as well as neutering. They treated him immediately for fleas today.

So he's home with the foster mom from rescue who has some other strays with her right now and he's in a large dog cage able to see them, watch TV and sit near a fireplace. He's warm, in out of the cold and he has a fighting chance to survive now. Thank God, that I got him in the house when I did.

I've been calling him 'BABE' but told them they can call him 'MASON' as TCR has 4 other 'babe's on their system at that vet. Mason sounds good and it's the street next to mine where he often goes.

Okey dokey, bye byesies. I hope I can get on the internet soon. You can if you want, cut and paste this email into the thread to update it if you like.

God bless, stay safe through this storm
Luba

14+kitties
February 13th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Awwwww poor Mason. :sad: But he does have a fighting chance now that he is in rescue. It's so good of Luba to care enough to catch him and get him there. Send her a big hug for me please.
And Mason needs lots of :grouphug: and :goodvibes: from all of us. He's a fighter. Let's hope he can fight all of the infections.

chico2
February 13th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Yes,Luba is an :angel2:for sure,she would never pass by a suffering animal,not that anyone of us ever would either.
I am sure Mason is now in no more danger and will be fine:thumbs up
I

chico2
February 13th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Here is Mason..took it from the original post,when Luba was asking for a trap.

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Oh, lucky Mason! Luba is an :angel:. Can you imagine if he'd had to stay out there? In such tough shape I doubt he'd have lasted much longer. :sad:

But he's safe now! :highfive: Good job, Luba!

Tell her she's missed, chico. I hope she gets her computer back on line soon!

Luba
February 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Moderator / s would you rename the title of this thread please to 'rescued cat in scarborough' or something like that. Or you can merge it with the one I previously made called 'looking for trap'. Thanks :thumbs up

Hello Everybody and thanks Anita on posting the updates you're a sweetie, I think I'll keep you. :cloud9:

(Computer is another story, I can only stay on for a min or two before it starts freezing and all the pop ups won't close so I'll make it fast,must be some nasty spyware hoping brother will fix SOON...if he hears this :laughing:)

Okay Mason update:

He was not eating today nor last night. Foster mom may have to puree and force feed him. Glad she knows how to do all that with cats. Toronto Cat Rescue has been absolutely WONDERFUl and if anyone from there reads this Thank you Thank you Thank you. There is no doubt in my mind that had he not trusted me enough to come into the house he would have died outside being this sick. He's in a lot of pain, vet says his colouring is all wrong.

Yesterday he was not looking well I had a feeling he really needed to get to the vets asap, but how to get him into the crate which my lovely neighbour loaned me (Thank you Nancy). So bravely and begging I asked my mom to help me. I gloved her coated her and booted her :laughing: then got some big heavy blankets. He was already cornered under chairs so I had to blanket the area like heavy drapes hoping he wouldn't climb up them but to be honest he was too sick to do that. :sick: He didn't make a peep, I kept talking to him like I normally do put the crate infront of him with blankets around and he had nowhere to go. I then used another blanket to lay by his bum and sort of let it rest heavy on him and pulled him toward the crate. He walked in very slowly and very scared but really really sick. It was a snow storm, a lovely lady from TCR was coming all the way from the other side of teh city to pick him up because she had other appts with the vet for another cat and it was perfect timing. To save time and get him there faster we met half way, transfered him to her car (I cried of course) and he was taken off to the vet.

If anyone is looking for a great place to donate anything to cat wise, these are wonderful folks. Mason's vet bill is going to be a pretty penny. Otherwise any food, blankets, litter, even Canadian Tire Money.

I'll keep you posted with any updates on Mason. If I can't get on here I would LOVE for Anita (chico) to post them through email. That seems to work okay most of the time. It's only when I open my browser do I get slammed and freeze up.

Some pictures of MASON
This close up shows the difference in colouring in his mouth and his sore right eye, also you can see where the missing tooth is, they will have to extract the root and some of the others. He is in a lot of pain and Metacam will help that along with the antibiotics.

Luba
February 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Mason wants to thank you all for your Prayers and well wishes for him to get better. Oh and I also wanted to say thanks to my mom who let me bring him in the house despite her fears and who helped hold heavy blankets up and help me get him in the crate and drove me and Mason in the middle of a snowstorm across the city so he could get to the vets. THANKS MOM!! I LOVE YOU.

The last picture is of him being driven off on an urgent run to the vet.
THANKS TCR~~

Any donations to Toronto Cat Rescue for his care specifically or any other care of cats can be made this way:

http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/volunteer.asp

https://www.canadahelps.org/DonationDetails.aspx

As an all-volunteer private organization, Toronto Cat Rescue needs donations of every kind, from pet food and other cat supplies to the cash required to pay veterinary bills and even Canadian Tire money. All donations go directly to the care of rescued cats

Alternatively, cheques can be mailed to:

Toronto Cat Rescue P.O. Box 415, Station C 1117 Queen Street W. Toronto, ON M6J 3P5
Tax receipts will be issued for donations over $10.
TCR is a registered charity No. 889-198-727-RR-0001

post Approved by Admins

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
He looks like a sweetie. I hope he's feeling better very soon and can be adopted into a loving family! :fingerscr

Thanks for going to bat for him, Luba! :grouphug: And welcome back (for short stays till your brother powercleans your hard drive :D)

Luba
February 13th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I'll be swinging my bat for him as long as I can :D

The foster mom is going to evaluate and see if he is adoptable. Either way I'll be informed and assisting and he'll probably be back at my house in my basement all cozy watching TV while he recovers fully 'after' the neutering. We just have to get him well enough for all that first.

(powerclean this thing with a hammer I'm so mad I can't stay on line. I wish I could fix it myself but I dont know how)

14+kitties
February 13th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome back Luba. Great work with Mason. I love that name. :cloud9:
I am praying for him to make a quick, complete recovery. He is a sweetie.

Just a thought...... if you can download anything these are 2 programs I use. My son in law approves of them. He is an IT guy with lots of education and a great career now. The first is AVG free edition anti virus. It will quarantine any viruses you may have. Sounds like you may have one or two. The second is a spyware program that helps pinpoint problems. Maybe they can help.

http://free.grisoft.com/

http://www.spybot-free.com/?gclid=CJW7sazkwpECFQUalgodL0azCQ

Luba
February 13th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you I will try to go to the sites if I can click on them and I heard of spybot before so it must be good thanksa LOT :thumbs up

chico2
February 14th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Luba,happy to see you made it back:thumbs up
The last few pics of Mason look sooo so pityful,poor little guy :cry:but then you came along:angel2:
Maybe he won't eat because he misses your gourmet meals:cat:
It could be the meds,although they are keeping him painfree,that causes him to lose his appetite.
I :pray:it improves.
I am always sooo impressed with wonderful Rescues who give it all to rescue a little cat when there are thousands out there,many other places would just have put him down as a lost cause.
It seems to me you have become attached to little Mason:fingerscrfor a good outcome.
You know,you'd be a great fostermom for kitties needing love and care,maybe your mom would get over her fear and you'd learn a little more about these wonderful little lives.

Luba
February 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Well Mason ate on his own today , first time in a few days he wasn't needing to be force fed.

He is receiving fluids subcutaneously from the volunteer angel with Toronto Cat Rescue. They are going to feature his story on their website and it should be up soon. The volunteer has a few other sick kitties she is caring for and it working non stop at trying to get them well enough so they can go into foster homes / their forever home. Mason will need extensive surgery then recovery before any of that is possible.

www.torontocatrescue.ca

:pray: for him to make it through this. Thank you for all of your prayers for this little guy. He's had a rough rough time. If anyone with a quiet caring home would be interested in adopting him, visit TCR website above, or if you'd like to help make him well you can do the same. Thank you so much everyone.

Luba

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2008, 09:33 PM
More prayers, :goodvibes: and :fingerscr for Mason's surgery! And for finding the perfect forever home for him! :thumbs up

chico2
February 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Luba,wow,they have a lot of beautiful cats:sad:

I've never heard of this rescue,a kitty-haven,do they get any funds from anywhere other than donations?
Whatever happens to Mason,:pray:he will pull through,without you,he might have died a painful death outside.
Now,he's warm,fed and his pain taken care of,it must make you feel better.
I know you are not up on cats,so I welcome you to the world of cats,so very often dumped and missunderstood,these little guys who only want to purr for you and be loved:cat:

krdahmer
February 17th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I have no idea how I missed all this... my prayers go out to Mason... I hope he is in better health soon and that he finds a nice quiet forever home! :pray: :goodvibes:

SARAH
February 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I know! I missed it too.

Sweet little Mason (although he looks pretty rounded at the "corners" so little may not be the best word as far as size, but as far as being a poor kitty, little is right!)

Such a beautiful cat too, how could someone dump him? Or maybe he ran away, or got lost? Even cats do get lost sometimes.

I agree Chico2, people tend to think that cats can fend for themselves, that dumping them is not as bad as dumping a dog, because cats hunt. Sure they do, but they need something to hunt in order to have a slight chance at catching it, and I think I read or heard once that for every one kill they miss 10-15 times! That's a lot of energy lost for one little mouse/bird caught and eaten!

And ... me, I'm addicted to purr-therapy!

rainbow
February 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I have no idea how I missed all this... my prayers go out to Mason... I hope he is in better health soon and that he finds a nice quiet forever home! :pray: :goodvibes:

Geeze, I missed this thread as well. :o Luba, you are an :angel: for everything you have done for Mason. :thumbs up I hope he has a speedy recovery and finds the forever home he deserves soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow
February 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Thank you I will try to go to the sites if I can click on them and I heard of spybot before so it must be good thanksa LOT :thumbs up

I would highly recommend downloading Spyware Blaster as well ....

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today.
By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.

And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.

NoahGrey
February 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Please keep us posted on this beautiful little guy.

ACO22

Love4himies
February 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I can't believe I missed this post until today.

Thank goodness Mason has you and his foster mom looking out for him. Sending him some :goodvibes: ,:goodvibes: and more :goodvibes:, plus a few :pray: and keeping 12 :pawprint::fingerscr and my :fingerscr for Mason to finally be in a good stressless home.

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Thank you Marko for allowing me to post this information you are an angel, thank you so much :cloud9:

MASON's story will be featured on TCR's website within the next couple of days. So if you want to save their site www.torontocatrescue.ca in your fav's you can go to it say Tues/Wed and his story will be there.

He's off the Metacam now for pain, they are being very careful with his liver metabolizing it. He's very scared and only comes out of the corner of his cage to stretch a little, but he's lifting his head up a little higher sometimes. Life is happening around him, other cats and people, and he does use his litter box. He seems to only eat at night, a habit he got into while roaming outside. I commonly would start watching for him in the afternoon and then all through the evening and night.

Mason was always picked on by the other cats. The cat nurse (I'll call her) that is caring for him right now thinks he was separated from his mother and litter mates from a very young age and hasn't a clue how to interact. She doesn't feel he's ever had a 'home' so he's probably feral. If he did have a home it was probably so long ago and for such a brief period of time he wouldn't even remember.

I've never heard of this rescue,a kitty-haven,do they get any funds from anywhere other than donations?

Hi Anita, I think you'd make a purrrfect foster mommie :D

It's all donation based fundraising events.
http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/images/clipart/ink2_sm.gif

They have a newsletter section on their site here:

http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/event.asp

What We Do

We ensure that each cat rescued by TCR is treated for medical needs, spayed and neutered, and receives a rabies vaccination at the appropriate age.

We do not have a shelter. Cats are housed in one of our foster homes to await their adoption, which is why foster homes are such an important part of TCR’s program. Each foster home space that we have available represents one more cat that we can assist. All of our volunteers are important, but without foster homes and adoptions, we couldn’t do our work.

As an all-volunteer private organization, Toronto Cat Rescue needs donations of every kind, from pet food and other cat supplies to the cash required to pay veterinary bills and even Canadian Tire money. All donations go directly to the care of rescued cats. Pre-arranged monthly donations or one-time donations are greatly appreciated.

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Picure of Mason....

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Oh btw the link for spyware bot I d/l it and then did the scan and after the scan they tell me I gotta pay in order to get the spyware delted. :loser:

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 08:08 PM
So did you get the nasties off your computer yet? :D Was is spybot or spyware blaster that wanted you to pay?

Mason is such a handsome boy. He just didn't get a good start in life :sad: But now his luck has changed because of an :angel: called Luba! :D

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 08:19 PM
No my dear there is something really crazy going on with the computer. IT was spyware bot that asked for me to pay.

Is there a good one that I can trust to use and it's free that someone else can recommend and trusts? I'm scared to d/l anything else unless it's got a good rcommendation.

My computer is so slow and freezing and I keep getting booted off the net along with being redirected and my broswer closing on it's own all the time.

WHen I try to post som,times takes me 4/5 tries.

Mason has a special personality about him, he's scared but I hope I can take that all away from him and hope he can trust us humans again. He really deserves a nice friendly quiet home...so if anyone will love him that much....he will repay you over and over I know it!:pray:

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
By the way I do have trend micro anti virus but it hasn't picked up whatever is happening. I gues it's spyware stuff?

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry I missed this. Mason looks like such a sweet and wonderful kitty. I hope he' gets 100% better soon and is able to find a happy home.

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Well the raccoons have found my kitty feeding station on my porch. I looked out the front door and saw a big bum looking back at me. LOL
So I shoo'd him and then threw peanuts out on the law to keep him away from the font door.

Another pic of Mason

krdahmer
February 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
He's so cute! Have you tried AVG? They have a free edition and my computer guy said that is what he uses at home. Seems to be working pretty good so far.:shrug:

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM
No my dear there is something really crazy going on with the computer. IT was spyware bot that asked for me to pay.

Is there a good one that I can trust to use and it's free that someone else can recommend and trusts? I'm scared to d/l anything else unless it's got a good rcommendation.

I use Spybot and it's free to download and use, but I've never found anything malicious, so I have no idea if you have to pay to fix problems you've found. :shrug: Typically all I have are tracking cookies--the only good part of having slow dial-up is that no one wants to hijack my machine! :rolleyes:

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html

Mason has a special personality about him, he's scared but I hope I can take that all away from him and hope he can trust us humans again. He really deserves a nice friendly quiet home...so if anyone will love him that much....he will repay you over and over I know it!:pray:

He is such a beautiful kitty. I've flagged the torontocatrescue site...now I just have to remember to check for the story mid-week! :o

Luba
February 17th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Have you tried AVG
you wouldn't happen to have a link for that would you?

use Spybot and it's free to download and use
thank you thank you thank you :D

Another $10 donation for Mason's vet care today. :thumbs up

kashtin's kin
February 18th, 2008, 01:07 AM
...been so busy slogging through snow and now rain on pony patrol that I too have missed this thread till now. So glad to hear 'Mason' seems to be on the path to health etc., thanks to Luba and Toronto Cat Rescue (and to chico2 for news while Luba's 'puter was acting up).

I've done a bit of volunteering with Pride Rescue of Hamilton, and Elmira Cat Rescue (all part of the 'rescue network'...I know they cooperate/work with rescues in the TO area), and they're great folks. Toronto Cat Rescue sounds wonderful, too.

Big {{hug}} to all those who do their best to make things better for critters...:cat::dog::angel::thumbs up!!!!

growler~GateKeeper
February 18th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I have been reading since the begining but not posting - Mason's looking a little better already, adapting to being inside & eating while missing a few teeth pretty well :thumbs up lots of :goodvibes:

By the way I do have trend micro anti virus but it hasn't picked up whatever is happening. I gues it's spyware stuff?

I don't know what version you have but Trend Micro also has an anti-spyware section too. I use Trend Micro PC-cillian Internet Security 14 with anti-virus, spyware, malware, Windows & Microsoft Office security, network security, internet privacy control.etc.....it's great, I've had no problems with it. :thumbs up

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/home/

chico2
February 18th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Thank's for the info on the rescue Luba.
I would LOVE to foster,especially a mom with kittens:lovestruck:,but with Rocky I just cannot,one sound from another cat in the house and he'd get in to a frenzy:yell:
I took in a young cat once,who kept showing up here for food,but only for a few hours until HS came,I kept him in the rec-room downstairs and Rocky howled the whole time,since the kitten was very vocal.
Lucky for the kitten he was microchipped and the owner picked him up.:thumbs up

Luba
February 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I want to do this on my computer :wall:
I think I need to have a pro look at this machine. It's not acting normal at all.

Mason's story should be up on TCRs website this week. I keep checking. I sent them the long version because I like to blab and they have to edit it down a little :laughing:

Oh yes...dear ole Rocky I forgot Anita you'd become his scratching post wouldn't ya!!

chico2
February 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Yes Luba,I probably would:laughing:
Don't get me wrong,when he is normal(it's happened 4 times in 12yrs),he is the sweetest,smartest and most klingy kitty and I adore him:lovestruck:

dustybird
February 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Blind me somehow missed this thread.

I just wanted to say thank's to you and everyone involved in helping sweet little Mason. He's lucky to have so many people that care about him. :fingerscr for his continued progress and that he finds the wonderful home that he so deserves.

Luba
February 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I think he just loves you so much it's his way of protecting you. Afterall you are the SWEETEST!!! :grouphug:

Love4himies
February 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Here are some :goodvibes: for Mason, I really think he is going to be a super lap cat when he finds his forever home.

14+kitties
February 18th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Glad to hear Mason is doing better. I still check every day for updates on him. I :pray: he will get adopted soon into a forever home.

Luba, these sites I originally gave you are both free. I have far too much Scottish heritage to ever pay for something I can get for free. :D The first one is AVG. There is one you have to pay for but there is also the free one which is the one I use. Have never had a problem with it.
The spybot I have I have never had to pay for. It runs in the background and
alerts you to anything that is trying to download. It is called Spybot Search and Destroy. Both of these are excellent programs. I will post the links again.

From sounds of things the best bet for you would be to have someone come in and clean your machine for you. Or take the tower somewhere to get it fixed. In most cases if they are going to have to take some time to fix it they will give you a loaner tower you can use.

http://free.grisoft.com/

http://www.spybot-free.com/?gclid=CJW7sazkwpECFQUalgodL0azCQ

Luba
February 18th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I am waiting on Mason's story to be posted on TCR's website. I haven't bothered the foster 'nurse' today. She has many sick kitties there to care for. She's a really really lovely lady.

The spybot I have I have never had to pay for. It runs in the background and
alerts you to anything that is trying to download. It is called Spybot Search and Destroy. Both of these are excellent programs. I will post the links again.
Yes thank you so much :D That's the one I d/l and it did search and then told me I had some huge number of 501 items that were in need of removal. But then in order to remove them I had to register...so then I registered and gave my email and it told me I have to pay. Seriously, not kidding I did this step 3times as I thought I was doing something wrong.
I may be missing something ??

I think I need to get trend micro updated and also get a good spyware program. Thats gonna be a bit $$ but I guess its eithe rthat or pay a tech person to do it. Oh well. I just pray it doesn't crash completely.

growler~GateKeeper
February 18th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I don't know what version you have but Trend Micro also has an anti-spyware section too. I use Trend Micro PC-cillian Internet Security 14 with anti-virus, spyware, malware, Windows & Microsoft Office security, network security, internet privacy control.etc.....it's great, I've had no problems with it. :thumbs up

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/home/

I think I need to get trend micro updated and also get a good spyware program. Thats gonna be a bit $$ but I guess its eithe rthat or pay a tech person to do it. Oh well. I just pray it doesn't crash completely.

Trend Micro has a good spyware program :D

cpietra16
February 19th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I am so happy to hear Masons doing better. You are an angel.

Luba
February 19th, 2008, 03:42 PM
yuppers i may suck up the $ and get trend micro new edition. it may be cheaper then a computer tech repair :sick:

No call from foster mama nurse about Mason so I am assuming he's okay. I may try to call her tonight and see how he's doing. His story should be on the TCR site really soon.

His 'look a like' was around last night. I think they may have either been litter mates or this one is his offspring. They are nearly identical and he came to eat at my feeding station last night. I called out and talked to him but he ran and hid so I kept saying nice thigns to him (lol) in a happy voice then put out more food. He came back and ate then took off and another black cat came and ate the rest. :laughing:

TCR wants me to try to catch this look a like as well. I need to find him a name. He beats Mason up and puts the runs to him a lot. I don't have a picture of him but what are we gonna call him? I've just been referring to him as look a like.

chico2
February 19th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Oh,Oh Luba,the word is out in your neighborhood,food to be had at nice young ladys house:cat:
First there was Mason and then....:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::l aughing:

Luba
February 19th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah like that Prell hair commercial, he told two friends and so on and so on

:cat:
:cat::cat:
:cat::cat::cat:
:cat::cat::cat::cat:

Mason's profile just went up on TCR's website I'm so excited for him
go look here:

http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/index.asp

chico2
February 20th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Luba,this is just great for Mason,it must feel good knowing he's safe and warm,rescued because you cared
The description says he is not aggressive,that will help in his recovery and handling.
Now,you are officially a Kitty-Rescuer:thumbs up

Luba
February 20th, 2008, 01:25 PM
His look a like brother/son came to eat last night. He's more bolt and run when he see's me. I sometimes just stand and watch him eat through the door but if he looks up and sees me there he runs.

I had to keep heating the food up every 1/2 hour last night it's so cold. Then another cat I've not seen before showed up a humungous black and white one with some discolouraton of pigment on his face/nose. I hope it wasn't frost bite.

I decided to call his look a like 'Kingston' :D

krdahmer
February 20th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Word travels fast when someone is putting out good food and lovin! I know that's how is was in my old neighbourhood, as soon as I started feeding one, suddenly 10 more came out of the woodwork! You're such an :angel2: for caring for them... I'll have them all in my :pray: that they find warm spots to sleep and keep enjoying your food! :grouphug:

Melinda
February 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
thank you for what you did Luba, I just read his page and sent in a gift. The world needs more people like you, I may not log in often (lurk more *L*) but I've followed this thread faithfully cheering you on.

chico2
February 20th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Luba,the thought that any cat is out there in this miserable cold,just breaks your heart.
My cats go out for about 5 min that's it...
Beeing hungry on top of that makes it even worse,so thank you for feeding them and hoprfully they have all found a spot out of the cold and wind somewhere,it's just so darn sad:sad:
All because people don't give a:censored::yell:

Luba
February 20th, 2008, 04:11 PM
You guys are just awesome for caring and helping.
Melinda thank you so much for the donation for Mason. TCR can take anything they can get their hands on. Every tiny bit helps!

I do put good food out for them especially when I see them. I put out warm water and warm milk ( I know but hey they need to keep warm), and also sardines, salmon and chicken, wet and dry cat food. I just have to keep warming it up on defrost ALL the time.

Problem is they all come at NIGHT so I'm up by the door all night waiting for them. I would put a shelter for them to go into and stay but I bet they wouldn't use it and if they don't I know the raccoons would. And I don't want raccoons nesting in my yard. I feed them nuts and dog kibble but I don't want them nesting here, too dangerous for health reasons and destructive.

14+kitties
February 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
:angel: Luba! I am sure Mason is thanking you! My internet has been acting up for the last couple of weeks. I will have to wait till it behaves to go look at his profile but thanks for posting it. Hopefully he will find a forever home quickly. He is a sweetheart. :cloud9: And I wish I could donate something but with my gang it just isn't possible at the moment. :sad: Super 7 win please!

Luba
February 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oh your puter too, same as mine. I was told not to go on the net but I can't help it :crazy:

I hope you win super 7 so you can be on :cloud9: