Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello from Canada

boosbe
February 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself as I have a feeling I will be here more and more lol. I am a proud owner of my cat Suki and my kitten Hanz. We lost our sweet American Eskimo Rascal 4 months ago to what was believed to be cancer. We rescued her 5 years ago and she was the most amazing dog and friend I have ever had. I didnt think I could ever love another dog like I love her but we recently decided that there are just too many furbabies that need a home and we have way to much love for just 2 cats so our search is on for our next addition to our family. Wish us luck!:goodvibes:

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Well then, wishing you all the best of luck in finding another furry family member soon :D. A new pet never replaces the love you have for one who is departed; you just find more love to give.

Welcome to pets.ca boosbe :) . Looking forward to photos of your kitties and soon-to-be new addition.

SnowDancer
February 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Are you going to adopt another American Eskimo?? We have a 22 lb. male - he will turn 4 on April 1 - also in Canada - in Toronto. The Eskie is becoming more common in Canada now and there are many showing up on rescue sites. Health wise, so far so good which is a blessing. I am very sorry that you lost your pup to cancer, there are just so many things that can happen. We got ours after having several mini Dachshunds, with my special 2 having full body back/neck disc disease - and the horrible surgeries. Couldn't go through it again - or put them through it, so started to look for a dog that would at least have a fighting chance. The Eskie is very smart as you know -what saves us is that our 2 special Dachshunds were brilliant. I can't believe we have a fluffy white dog - especially since I mostly wear black. He doesn't blow his coat to the extent that most do - and he is ALWAYS mistaken for a girl - actually he is a very feminine guy, except when it comes to mud/dirt and then he becomes a tom-boy.

Jim Hall
February 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
welcome :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Welcome!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Eskie, boosbe. :grouphug: But best wishes in your search for a new addition to your family!

I'm looking forward to pics of Suki and Hanz and some of Rascal, too. And if you want to, there is a Rainbow Bridge forum for posting tributes of pets that have passed on.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, boosbe!