Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Income Tax Deduction

Longblades
February 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
As we watched puppy-boy happily shredding yesterday's newspaper the OH commented I should use him on my business documents and claim him as an income tax deduction. Boy, wouldn't that be nice? Wonder if CCRA would audit me for the strange costs of maintaining my shredder - food, vet bills, toys, collar, leash, training classes. :D

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I would be even happier if I could put my fuzzbutts on our medical plan. :D

ancientgirl
February 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I was talking to one of my friends the other day about that. Heck, you deduct your kids from your taxes, we should be able to deduct our pets. They're like kids after all!

krdahmer
February 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
It should be considered charitable deduction or something... after all by spending all our moola taking care of these guys we are helping society by housing and caring for them and keeping them off the streets, and from adding to the stray population. Responsible pet owners should get a break.

Winston
February 11th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I work for them and everyone thinks that I dont have to pay taxes! Boy I wish that were true!!!! Then I would have lots of money to spend on my fur kids! :laughing::laughing:

Cindy

ancientgirl
February 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I went so far as to send our company accountant an email asking him if I could deduct my kitties.

I think I might have killed him because he laughed so hard, because he never answered me.