Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hope , the great dane

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
She's in the local newspaper , I don't get this one at home but many coworkers brought me the newspaper this morning . Sorry , it's only in french but you can see pictures on how Hope has come a long way. :thumbs up Hope was from the same seizure as Nelly , Hope was the most emancieted dog there and if that wasn't enough , she also had mange. :sad: She had to wait 3 months before she was ready to go into fostering. We all met at the spca walk, Nelly and Hope got to talk and came to the same conclusion : they didn't really like eachother :laughing: :shrug:

http://www.hebdos.net/lrd/edition72008/articles.asp?article_id=198838

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I went back in past threads to try to find the original posting you did on Nelly and to look at some pictures of her when you first got her, but the pictures have disappeared. I thought I had seen them at one point when I first became a member, but could be wrong.

Did Nelly look like Hope?

Maybe the meeting of Hope and Nelly brought back bad memories??

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Did Nelly look like Hope?

Maybe the meeting of Hope and Nelly brought back bad memories??

Nelly wasn't as bad as Hope. Nelly was 72 lbs , now 92.

There was lots of other great danes on the spca walk (only Hope , Nelly and another one were related to the seizure) but Nelly didn't like ANY of the other great danes. She doesn't have any problems with other breeds :confused:

luckypenny
February 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I cried the first time I met Hope, out of shock and sadness. I cried again when I read that article, out of sheer joy this time. Thanks for sharing Frenchy.

It angers and frustrates me beyond belief to know that this woman is still breeding and selling pups on online classified sites :mad: . I understand that her case has yet to be heard, but for the authorities to allow her to continue until then is mind-boggling :wall: :wall: :wall: .

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It angers and frustrates me beyond belief to know that this woman is still breeding and selling pups on online classified sites :mad: . I understand that her case has yet to be heard, but for the authorities to allow her to continue until then is mind-boggling :wall: :wall: :wall: .

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I am in shock and just can't say anything right now, it would be obscene!

Chris21711
February 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
It angers and frustrates me beyond belief to know that this woman is still breeding and selling pups on online classified sites :mad: . I understand that her case has yet to be heard, but for the authorities to allow her to continue until then is mind-boggling :wall: :wall: :wall: .[/QUOTE]

Same thing goes on in Ontario LP, although I know sometimes part of the bail restrictions from carrying on. Consequently they set up on another property and just go on their merry way. :cry:

Frenchy - I too, was looking for Nelly's before pictures to show to my daughter, but couldn't find them...........?

poodletalk
February 11th, 2008, 03:51 PM
The walk was dedicated to "Hope and her friends"

I was just told by someone who's in Florida.. that they saw someone wearing the "Walk for Hope" t-shirt :highfive:

chico2
February 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
OMG,do you really mean to say this woman is carrying on with her puppy-mills,that is just beyond belief:yell:
If the justice-system in Quebec allows her to do this,I would not be surprised if she is awarded all her dogs back,hold on to Nelly,Frenchy,this is just outrageous.
Is Nelly spayed yet??

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Frenchy - I too, was looking for Nelly's before pictures to show to my daughter, but couldn't find them...........?
Here , as you can see , she wasn't as bad as Hope was :sad:

Is Nelly spayed yet??

I'm trying very hard to go by the book and wait for the trial. Like I have been told to do. :sad:

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
The walk was dedicated to "Hope and her friends"

I was just told by someone who's in Florida.. that they saw someone wearing the "Walk for Hope" t-shirt :highfive:
All the way to Florida ? :highfive:

If the justice-system in Quebec allows her to do this,

It's seem so yes :wall:

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Well, Hope and Nelly look amazing now. :lovestruck: :thumbs up

It is sickening that the woman is still allowed to breed and sell the pups. :sad: :mad:

Our justice system just sucks. :wall: :wall: :wall:

breeze
February 11th, 2008, 07:59 PM
with the right people and the right care, Hope and Nelly look great!!!!!!!!!!!!

it takes people like you frenchy to make a difference :thumbs up:thumbs up

mona_b
February 11th, 2008, 08:50 PM
OMG,Hope is GORGEOUS..

And so is Nelly.They have both come a long way.

But it's the love and patience of caring :angel:s like you Frenchy that make a difference to these helpless dogs.

Are you kidding me?You mean after all that she has done they are allowing more breeding from her to happen?:mad::evil::wall::wall:

Chris21711
February 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks Frenchy. The turnaround in Nelly and Hope is amazing they must feel like they are in heaven. I hope all of their bad memories have been erased.